Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Rather Ripped is a whole album of Peace Attack and Kim Chords
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.27.2006, 07:26 AM   #1
RdTv
invito al cielo

RdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's asses
Ok, so yeah I found the leaked copy out there, many have so everyone get over it. Besides this, I've noticed that the whole album sounds like a bunch of variations of peace attack/kim chords (uk bonus song off nurse), not saying this is good or bad, I'm simply putting it out there wondering if anyone agrees. I like rather ripped, and maybe THAT should be in the unpopular musical opinion thread. Discuss......
RdTv is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.27.2006, 09:00 AM   #2
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
i see where your coming from, on my first listen i noticed that a lot of the songs sounded (for want of a better word) "samey" but after a few listens you get that old Sonic flavor back, to be honest one of my least favorite songs on Nurse was Peace Attack, there is a clear difference between Nurse and Rather Ripped but like you said, its not that noticable on the first few listens,
Have to hand it to Lee though, Rats is some tune!
Old 04.27.2006, 10:17 AM   #3
velvetmonkey
empty page

velvetmonkey has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
some chords in the neutral took me back to a thousand leaves. it's a great song.
the noisy guitars on turquoise boy, around 3'50'', take me back to mote start...
velvetmonkey is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.27.2006, 10:41 AM   #5
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
i havent heard it yet, but peace atack and kims chords are my favourite two songs from sonic nurse so thats pretty kool.
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.27.2006, 11:24 AM   #6
making the drama scene
bad moon rising

making the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's asses
what is kims chords?
making the drama scene is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.27.2006, 11:26 AM   #7
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by making the drama scene
what is kims chords?
a UK only bonus song
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.27.2006, 11:29 AM   #8
making the drama scene
bad moon rising

making the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's asses
i see....thanks
making the drama scene is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.27.2006, 11:33 AM   #9
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
HAHAHAHAHA
Old 04.27.2006, 12:15 PM   #10
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
I agree. The songs off of Rather Ripped do sound a lot alike to Sonic Nurse.
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.27.2006, 12:15 PM   #11
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
I was kind of dissapointed at first, but Im learning to really like Rather Ripped. It's a pretty good record. I guess I was just looking forward to a new sound; something really experimental and out there.
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.27.2006, 12:31 PM   #12
ozZuB-ginK
little trouble girl

ozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to beholdozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to beholdozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to beholdozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to beholdozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to beholdozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to behold
i honestly think i'm going to quit checking the board until the new record comes out. I'm kinda tired of seeing ppl post topics who have downloading the album before it's release give bad reviews and/or opinions. Yes everyone is entitled to their opinion but i'd rather make my own judgements when i buy the record june 13th.
ozZuB-ginK is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth