Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Gnod - In Gnod We Trust. (new album!)
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.23.2011, 10:19 AM   #1
charlie
empty page

charlie kicks all y'all's assescharlie kicks all y'all's assescharlie kicks all y'all's assescharlie kicks all y'all's assescharlie kicks all y'all's assescharlie kicks all y'all's assescharlie kicks all y'all's assescharlie kicks all y'all's assescharlie kicks all y'all's assescharlie kicks all y'all's assescharlie kicks all y'all's asses
ahh... new Gnod record....

EXCITED!!!!

anyone?

it's called In Gnod We Trust and it's released on Rocket Recordings on June 6th!

(press release : )
Quote:
Brothers and sisters, to prepare ourselves
to celebrate the sacred mysteries of Gnod,
let us call to mind our sins.

We believe in one Gnod,
Gnod Almighty
makers of heavy black slab on Earth.

We believe in one Chord, seamless, sublime,
the one and only sound of Gnod,
eternally begotten of the marcher.

Gnod from Gnod, light from light,
true Gnod from true Gnod,
begotten, not made,
of one Being with the maker;
through Them all riffs were played.

For us and for our salvation
They came down from Manchester;
by the power of Tony’s (un)limit,
They came to reincarnate and made
the last disco’d beat.

Tony’s First Communion, if you choose to
be blessed by this record, is the first reception
of the Sacrament on vinyl; this long-standing
favourite has been celebrated over centuries of
incarnations and Rocket are proud to release
its rite of passage.

The ceremony of this Communion lasts
20 minutes and 2 seconds.
-
On the second side Gnod rose again in
accordance with the Scriptures; They ascended
into noise upon this Earth and were seated at
the right hand of the Vatican.

This 13 minute holy doctrine sees Gnod take
away the sins of the world; it cleanses the
incense (the in-sense-out-sense) from the all
seeing (third) eye, like a Faustian Butthole
Surfers sharing bread with Shit & Shine and
John Carpenter turning water into wine.

Some ceremonies owe their institution to purely
physical reason; for Gnod it’s the mystical
reason that They represent.
INGNODWETRUST is founded on honour
and soul, They for one are finally washing their
hands with downcast eyes.

charlie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2011, 11:10 AM   #2
The Watcher
children of satan

The Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's asses
Sick!! Really excited, I think this band is terrific!! The Crystal Pagoda is an awesome record and I'm stoked to hear more.
The Watcher is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.24.2011, 03:16 AM   #3
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
grrrrr
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.24.2011, 03:34 AM   #4
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Naaah, I'm not sad. Don't worry, just kiddin'.
Love you all.
And GNOD too.
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.24.2011, 08:29 AM   #5
The Watcher
children of satan

The Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's asses
That cover looks like it could be from a Minneapolis crust band, almost...... bizarre........

First world problems: Only 33 minutes? Come on, this is the time to strech out some really sick jams....... this band needs to take it to the next level........
Old 05.24.2011, 10:05 AM   #6
The Watcher
children of satan

I'm actually not sure what I think yet......
Old 05.25.2011, 06:20 AM   #7
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie
I like minge

Minge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2011, 06:08 AM   #8
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I did a lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2011, 03:22 AM   #9
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
playing next saturday in londres!
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2011, 07:07 AM   #10
The Watcher
children of satan

I changed my mind. I hate that cover. I'll give the album a fair shake though.....
Old 07.09.2011, 10:02 AM   #11
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.stewartlee.co.uk/album_re...nodwetrust.htm
Old 09.19.2013, 06:43 AM   #12
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

https://soundcloud.com/trensmat/sets...ellings-druss/
Sampler of the forthcoming GNOD LP on Trensmat Records.Available now for pre-order.
www.trensmat.com/tr034.html
================================================
After last darkening the Trensmat towels mere months ago with their fuzz'n'dub 7" '5th Sun', Gnod have decided to head for the heavens via a strikingly different path, the ludicrously cosmic Dwellings & Druss LP. Though this time round ditching geetars for keytars, they retain their trademark murk and keep the edges blurred.
Opener and scene-setter 'Revelation 9' shows the band are capable of admirable restraint and subtlety when their more traditional musical weapons are confiscated. Sounding like an eerily authentic early 70s German experiment, it bubbles slightly threateningly without ever actually revealing the nature of the revelation in question.
'20 Sides A Minute' sounds at first like they mistakenly sped up the bubbling of the previous track until, shock, a steady kick is introduced, followed by sharply sinister synth stabbings, scything a permanently panning path through the rusty and weather-beaten drum machine junk shop. Disco for robots left out in the rain.
The B-Side is home to the mammoth 16-minute 'Defeatism' - something of a misnomer as it certainly has the highest positive-vibe content of the EP - with it's proto-Detroit atmos/groove it's positively euphoric. It's also negatively euphoric in the more subby parts but the Gnodpod always pulls itself out of the black hole just in time. Frantic morse code messages are beamed back to the mothership, tapped out furiously across a selection of chiming synths, 303, high-end percussion and low-end wobbles, giving much of the episodic track the feel of an interminable heavily-pregnant rush, constantly teasing you with the promise of a cheesy drop that mercifully never comes.
Don't let the consistent lo-fi feel of the threesome fool ya though - as is so often not the way with lazy hazy hat-tipping to the forefathers of electronics, this spacebound 12" has it's own identity and supplies BASS in buttock-clenching quantities, particularly the analogue tremors felt halfway through the epic flipside.
Nervous nano-Gnodness for a rave new world.
Buyers also get additional extras - digital copies of each track featured on the vinyl plus an exclusive 50 minute livset ("In Orbit") recorded in November 2012. Only the buyers of the vinyl will get the digital version of the 12" & extras, it will not be available otherwise.
Dwellings, Revelation 9 (3:57)
Druss, 20 Sides A Minute (8:50)
Dwellings, Defeatism (16:21)
In Orbit (49:49)
Old 09.20.2013, 07:54 AM   #13
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
^^^ Er, I have that... that sold out long ago.

But I think you meant to post this one instead?
http://www.trensmat.com/tr039.html
...for which the pre-orders will be closing soon.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth