Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page rza question
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.11.2010, 07:03 PM   #21
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I love rza's production, and his raps always delight my soul when he pops up on various wu-related albums. But I've never heard any of his solo albums.. are they worth getting? Not sure if I'd be into the whole "Bobby digital" thing. Any thoughts?

the answer is yes. I prefer it. The Bob Digi era is cool, but I am much more into the Prince Rakeem shit. Snatch up

"understand the equality of God in a bodily form.. a day to god is a thousand years, niggaz walk around with a thousand fears.."

"yo I love you like the child of joseph like the jews love moses like a man bendin down on one knee before he proposes express the faith of abraham about to slay Isaac and the patience of Daniel in the lion's den with closed Eye lids but you will never know.."

"on my way to the weed spot.. check it I got two hands but I'm known to carry three glocks.."
this is the most westcoast style of all the Wu aside from the full fledge Black Knights, which explains my recommendation. You can straight groove and get yo walk on to these beats.. my style completely.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.12.2010, 04:03 AM   #22
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
Gravediggaz were another outfit RZA was in which were really cool. 6 Feet Deep is a really good album! It even has some pre 36 Chambers samples.

http://www.etalonhiphopblog.com/2009...scography.html
Old 04.12.2010, 05:03 AM   #23
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
I haven't listened to Gravediggaz in so long. I used to love them.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.12.2010, 06:12 AM   #24
shabbray2.0
expwy. to yr skull

shabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's asses
btw adam if you are into anticon right now, too:

check out both cLOUDDEAD albums, "ten" is awesome and the self titled is one of my favourite albums of all time!!!! (actually its on mush, but all three are founder members of anticon)
if you dig the production of their albums I highly recommend the works of odd nosdam, I think he is one of the most experimental beatsmiths Ive ever heard with an almost ever beautiful undertone. He is one of the few who got selected by Boards of Canada to do a remix for them, and he totally destroyed "dayvan Cowboy" but threw in 2 minutes of pure awesome beat-blisss. his best works maybe: Burner, T.I.M.E. ost, Level Live Wires and a shitload more, p.m. me if you run out of sources!!!

themselves "them" is awesome too, the "no music" is compared to the first mediocre but still a good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Am I the only one who thinks ODB's "Return to 36 Chambers" gets old really fast? I like it a lot but there's only so much I can take in one sitting. That's why I think wu's albums are so good, because no rapper ever gets tiring because there's always going to be another one popping up to spit a sick verse.

kinda yes. BUT he got the ODB bonus for me. he is just that insane that its every time fun to hear him doing that nonsense stuff I love so much about him

shabbray2.0 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.12.2010, 07:00 AM   #25
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I've heard all that stuff already, but thanks anyway. SHOVE THE GUN UP YOUR ASS, YOU'RE AS GOOD AS DEAD.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.12.2010, 07:04 PM   #26
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
Another great thing about hip-hop/rap is how many blogs out on the webmosphere that you can download shit loads of good albums. Seems to be a lot of them.
Old 04.12.2010, 09:23 PM   #27
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Fusion of the five elements, to search for the higher intelligence
Women walk around celibate, livin irrelevant
The most benelovent king, communicatin through your dreams
Mental pictures been painted, Allah's heard and seen
everywhere, throughout your surroundin atmosphere
Troposphere, thermosphere, stratosphere
Can you imagine from one single idea, everything appeared here
Understanding makes my truth, crystal clear
Innocent black immigrants locked in housing tenemants
Eighty-Five percent tenants depend on welfare recipients
Stapleton's been stamped as a concentration camp
At night I walk through, third eye is bright as a street lamp
Electric microbes, robotic probes
Taking telescope pictures of globe, babies getting pierced with microchips
stuffed inside their earlobes, then examinated
Blood contaminated, vaccinated, lives fabricated
Exaggerated authorization, Food and Drug Administration
Testin poison in prison population
My occupation to stop the innauguration of Satan
Some claim that it was Reagan, so I come to slay men
like Bartholemew, cause every particle is physical article
was diabolical to the last visible molecule
A space night like Rom, consume planets like Unicron
Blasting photon bombs from the arm like Galvatron

Old 04.17.2010, 07:39 AM   #28
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

i used to fuck her when she'd menstruate
but it made her hyperventilate

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth