Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page What SY Songs are Better Live?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.25.2007, 12:12 PM   #21
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
"lightnin'" was made to sound better live.
Old 03.25.2007, 12:27 PM   #22
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
Even though I love the record, seeing Rather Ripped (pretty much in full) live was awesome, so much better than record.

I didn't think anything could improve on the fucking vicious album version of Shaking Hell... but they fucking DESTROYED live! One of the best moments of my life, BAM.

Same goes for Teen Age Riot, me and a friend were talking about "if they play Teen Age Riot, my fucking head will ex-PLODE!" FIRST SONG THEY PLAY IS FUCKING TEEN AGE RIOT!!! I nearly cried. ANd every time I see that song played live, it never has the intro part intact... but they did the intro, and did it magnificently, I might add.

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
k-krack is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.25.2007, 01:29 PM   #23
Magic Wheel Memory
the end of the ugly

Magic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvdWee
orr

Definitely. I'm not crazy about that one on record, but live, with Lee "drumming" on acoustic guitar, is great.
Magic Wheel Memory is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.25.2007, 02:48 PM   #24
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
But any idiot should be able to hear (in the case of live video -see) the exact same thing I'm describing (nearly) every time they play Pattern Recognition. If people go to see Sonic Youth they naturally don't expect perfection, but they also don't want to hear that sort of thing either.

very true about pattern recognition bridge thing. I love that song live and show with that noise outro. but agree with that bridge thing.
greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.25.2007, 03:30 PM   #25
Green Magnesium
100%

Green Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's asses
The performance of PCH from Malmo, Sweden '05 is probably one of my favorite live performances of theirs. Period.

Kim murmuring "California" over the brooding guitar intro, and the squealing trumpet during the middle of the song are what do it for me Plus it's a great quality recording.
Green Magnesium is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth