Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Webster Hall Roll Call
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.17.2007, 01:51 AM   #21
silverfreepress (sdasher)
the destroyed room

silverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by neptuneg
wow. amazing. I don't know the order, but we had: candle, reena, incinerate, bull in the heather, what a waste, jams run free, skip tracer, do you believe in rapture, rats, turquoise boy, pink steam, or... encores were the neutral, shaking hell, and lastly, expressway

pretty close, here's what i wrote down
South Yonic Webster Ritz Hall 2/16/7
1.CANDLE
2.reena
3I N C I NE R AT E
4.bULL IN THE HEATER
5.SKIP_tracer
*6.do you belive in rapture?
7.what a waste.
8.silver rocket
%9.rats
10.Turquoise Boi
11.Jams Run Free
12.Pink Steam
13.OR
------------
ENCORE
14. nEutral
+15.SHAKING HELL
--------------
ENCORE II
16.XPRESSWAYTOYRSKULL
*extended noise intro
%Thurrston on bass Ibold gtr
+thurston on bass no mark
silverfreepress (sdasher) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.17.2007, 02:58 AM   #22
Magic Wheel Memory
the end of the ugly

Magic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's asses
Silverfreepress, you got the set list exactly right.

Great show! I never expected Silver Rocket.

Two funny tidbits from Thurston's between-song chatter. He thanked Marc Ibold by pointing to him and saying "thanks to Mark Arm" (from Mudhoney), then realized his mistake and thanked Mark Arm for NOT being there.

Then, he pointed out that the only member of the band still living in NYC is Lee, and he gave the audience Lee's approximate address. He encouraged us to walk up and down the street looking for "Ranaldo" on one of the door buzzers!
Magic Wheel Memory is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.17.2007, 02:59 AM   #23
Georgekrz
stalker

Georgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's asses
Started about 7:30 btw, SY hit the stage at about 8:30. During Wooden Wand I saw Lee and Leah, they were just standing there chatting with someone(this was in the balcony, right side), I turned to a dude next to me and said "look, its Lee Ranaldo", and he was like "who?", New York is so goddamn cool, its pretty amazing how much privacy the members of this band get even at their own shows... Later on I also saw members of Awesome Color, the drummer and the guy who plays the guitar, of course no one was getting recognized.
BTW for me the sound was perfect, not too loud, amazing visuals throughtout the show, movie projector was on entire night, the stage pretty much dimmed out. Kim was so into it during the closing jam, twisted on the floor with her guitar...
the crowd was, focused...
how about Thurston talking about where they all lived? he was joking that Lee lives on "Broadway, between Duane and Read" then he was "yeah just go down town, look at the mailboxes, it says Ranaldo on his mailbox. Apt 2F". Anyway it was a fun night, over by 10

beat me to it, I remember he said something like "we will not be playing Touch Me Im sick tonight"
also didnt he say Marc lives in sunnyside? he also said something about Michigan and some place in New Jersey, sorry i forget...
Georgekrz is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.17.2007, 03:09 AM   #24
Magic Wheel Memory
the end of the ugly

Magic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgekrz
Started about 7:30 btw, SY hit the stage at about 8:30. During Wooden Wand I saw Lee and Leah, they were just standing there chatting with someone(this was in the balcony, right side), I turned to a dude next to me and said "look, its Lee Ranaldo", and he was like "who?", New York is so goddamn cool, its pretty amazing how much privacy the members of this band get even at their own shows... Later on I also saw members of Awesome Color, the drummer and the guy who plays the guitar, of course no one was getting recognized.
BTW for me the sound was perfect, not too loud, amazing visuals throughtout the show, movie projector was on entire night, the stage pretty much dimmed out. Kim was so into it during the closing jam, twisted on the floor with her guitar...
the crowd was, focused...
how about Thurston talking about where they all lived? he was joking that Lee lives on "Broadway, between Duane and Read" then he was "yeah just go down town, look at the mailboxes, it says Ranaldo on his mailbox. Apt 2F". Anyway it was a fun night, over by 10

beat me to it, I remember he said something like "we will not be playing Touch Me Im sick tonight"
also didnt he say Marc lives in sunnyside? he also said something about Michigan and some place in New Jersey, sorry i forget...

Yes, he pointed out that Marc lives in Sunnyside, and that Steve is from Michigan but lives in NJ now.
Old 02.17.2007, 07:04 AM   #25
the destroyed room

silverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's asses
dialoge between me and webster hall scalper, in 1 act

guy wearing all black: hey you got an extra?
me: oh sorry dude, but i'm on the guest list i can just walk you in
guy wearing all black: no man i need the ticket for a friend.
me: right on. see you on the inside
Old 02.17.2007, 08:09 AM   #26
harlock_jds
little trouble girl

harlock_jds is a splendid one to beholdharlock_jds is a splendid one to beholdharlock_jds is a splendid one to beholdharlock_jds is a splendid one to beholdharlock_jds is a splendid one to beholdharlock_jds is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
I remember he said something like "we will not be playing Touch Me Im sick tonight"
actually it was 'i wanna be your dog' they he said mark wouldn't come out and sing.

Anyhow amazing show, mostly stuff i had never seen live before (granted i haven't seen them play live since their NYGF tour with Stereolab) and the band was really into it.
harlock_jds is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.17.2007, 08:30 AM   #27
mushmanski57@hotmail.com
stalker

mushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's asses
Wow, that's a hell of a setlist. Lucky people!
mushmanski57@hotmail.com is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.17.2007, 10:48 AM   #28
the destroyed room

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlock_jds
actually it was 'i wanna be your dog' they he said mark wouldn't come out and sing.

nope it was Touch Me I'm Sick,

in reference to that split 7inch that Mudhoney and Sonic Youth did where SY covered one of their songs and Mudhoney one of theirs, but ur right, the band was really into it.

l i n k

Old 02.17.2007, 11:53 AM   #29
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
pics:
http://www.pixxiestails.com/archives...y_16_2007.html
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.17.2007, 12:02 PM   #30
Magic Wheel Memory
the end of the ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moshe

Thanks for the pix, Moshe! I do beg to differ with one comment, though. There were plenty of people there under the age of 30. In fact, I would say most of them were. Makes me feel old!
Old 02.17.2007, 04:06 PM   #31
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
thanks for pics moshe!
greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.17.2007, 05:58 PM   #32
amerikangod
invito al cielo

amerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's asses
Yep, that's it spot on.

A couple of notes/opinions that weren't already mentioned:

-This was the best version of 'Bull in the Heather' that I've heard at one of their shows. The guitars were fucking perfect.
-'Expressway To Yr Skull' was given a new instrumental opening that was so damn good that I'd like them to re-record the song with it. I can't remember if they played it this way the last time I saw them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfreepress (sdasher)
pretty close, here's what i wrote down
South Yonic Webster Ritz Hall 2/16/7
1.CANDLE
2.reena
3I N C I NE R AT E
4.bULL IN THE HEATER
5.SKIP_tracer
*6.do you belive in rapture?
7.what a waste.
8.silver rocket
%9.rats
10.Turquoise Boi
11.Jams Run Free
12.Pink Steam
13.OR
------------
ENCORE
14. nEutral
+15.SHAKING HELL
--------------
ENCORE II
16.XPRESSWAYTOYRSKULL
*extended noise intro
%Thurrston on bass Ibold gtr
+thurston on bass no mark
amerikangod is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.17.2007, 06:46 PM   #33
neptuneg
100%

neptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerikangod
Yep, that's it spot on.

A couple of notes/opinions that weren't already mentioned:

-This was the best version of 'Bull in the Heather' that I've heard at one of their shows. The guitars were fucking perfect.
-'Expressway To Yr Skull' was given a new instrumental opening that was so damn good that I'd like them to re-record the song with it. I can't remember if they played it this way the last time I saw them.

yeah, Bull in the Heather was great... I just wish that Thurston would play the intro the same way he recorded it. I think it sounds better.
neptuneg is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.18.2007, 01:57 AM   #34
Magic Wheel Memory
the end of the ugly

I know what you mean, neptuneg, but I agree with amerikangod that this was the best live version I've heard. And yeah, that intro to Expressway was great! At first, I assumed they were playing something from Destroyed Room, and I was pissed off, because I knew it would be the last song!
Old 02.18.2007, 07:25 PM   #35
pulpchen
empty page

pulpchen ain't too shabbypulpchen ain't too shabby
I just uploaded 3 video clips from the Webster Hall night.
Enjoy it!

Incinerate
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO4Qw5SvRpQ

Pink Steam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuEdo420JT4

Expressway to Yr Skull
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LM60649a5A
pulpchen is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.19.2007, 12:59 AM   #36
Georgekrz
stalker

Georgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's asses
awesome, thanks, im watchin it now

pulpchen- do you have more? rest of Expressway? nice blog btw, wow you got Arcade Fire tickets that deserves respect...
Georgekrz is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.19.2007, 01:31 AM   #37
Magic Wheel Memory
the end of the ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulpchen
I just uploaded 3 video clips from the Webster Hall night.
Enjoy it!

Awesome! Thanks! The sound is great.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth