Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Thurston Moore's ebay account
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.18.2008, 07:43 AM   #1
boop-oop-a-doop
empty page

boop-oop-a-doop has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Hi, I remember someone posted Thurston Moore's ebay account on this forum some time ago. I was wondering if any one could re-post it. It was cool to see all the stuff he was buying. Well I think it was him, I don't remember anyone really confirming it.

Also this is going to sound weird but along time ago on an older version of this forum there was this girl from Brazil (I think) who was kind of like a regular. She had a site everything. I'm wondering what happened to her, does she still post here?

Thanks.
boop-oop-a-doop is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2008, 08:22 AM   #2
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
Try searching for it
Old 04.18.2008, 08:44 AM   #3
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I once saw Thurston selling Fugazi bootlegs on his ebay account. One of the bootlegs was particulary interesting... Ian got mad because kids were slam dancing and since Ian had slamdanced ten years earlier as a kid, it therefore was not okay for kids who weren't around back then to repeat his action and slam dance on their own. "Can't you come up with a new dance?," he insisted, at which point the entire crowd realized the error of doing something that he had done ten years earlier when they were too young to do it with him, and worked together for two hours to develop a brand new dance that mixed the best elements of the waltz (another dance that people shouldn't do anymore because Ian's grandfather did it a long time ago and it was old now) and the Macarena (which it was okay to do, because it hadn't been invented yet). When all was to Ian's liking and nobody was drinking a cigarette, smoking a beer or having sex with a girl, he ceased his pouting for half a second and continued the show. Then during "Suggestion," he became overcome by emotional pain as he looked out a crowd that was more interested in having fun than listening to a bald guy with a gruff voice pretend to be a woman who's been raped, and he left the stage in tears. Because it's very hard for a sensitive man like Ian MacKaye who spent his youth beating the shit out of everybody who wasn't just like him to understand how a crowd of kids could be so insensitive to the plight of today's woman, as portrayed by Ian MacKaye.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2008, 10:49 AM   #4
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
i know thurston's ebay account... as i had purchased a few noise cassettes directly from him that he was selling, that was maybe a couple years ago... he doesn't use his real address though obviously, and uses the ecstatic peace address which is in the same town.

i'm not one to tell but his account is a reference to probably his single most favorite free jazz musician.
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2008, 11:43 AM   #5
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I once saw Thurston selling Fugazi bootlegs on his ebay account. One of the bootlegs was particulary interesting... Ian got mad because kids were slam dancing and since Ian had slamdanced ten years earlier as a kid, it therefore was not okay for kids who weren't around back then to repeat his action and slam dance on their own. "Can't you come up with a new dance?," he insisted, at which point the entire crowd realized the error of doing something that he had done ten years earlier when they were too young to do it with him, and worked together for two hours to develop a brand new dance that mixed the best elements of the waltz (another dance that people shouldn't do anymore because Ian's grandfather did it a long time ago and it was old now) and the Macarena (which it was okay to do, because it hadn't been invented yet). When all was to Ian's liking and nobody was drinking a cigarette, smoking a beer or having sex with a girl, he ceased his pouting for half a second and continued the show. Then during "Suggestion," he became overcome by emotional pain as he looked out a crowd that was more interested in having fun than listening to a bald guy with a gruff voice pretend to be a woman who's been raped, and he left the stage in tears. Because it's very hard for a sensitive man like Ian MacKaye who spent his youth beating the shit out of everybody who wasn't just like him to understand how a crowd of kids could be so insensitive to the plight of today's woman, as portrayed by Ian MacKaye.

haha, i was talking about that with my friend and new band member david the other day. ian is a great fucking musician. i mean, guy and ian's interweaving guitars and the dub inspired rhthyms of fugazi made for some of the best post hardcore, fuck it, the best music, of the 90's. and the arguement, still in my top 10 of the 00's easily. but ian's excessive arrogance and preaching about what he thinks is right has always disallowed fugazi and minor threat and teen idles and every other band hes been in from being an "all time favorite". david said his music makes up for it, but i cant stand people who think what they do is the only right thing. i mean, look at steve albini, a lifelong teetotaler, and you dont see him telling people not to drink and do drugs, hes just not interested in it, yknow.

im rambling a bit i know, but im on adderal so its understandable.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2008, 11:58 AM   #6
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by batreleaser
haha, i was talking about that with my friend and new band member david the other day. ian is a great fucking musician. i mean, guy and ian's interweaving guitars and the dub inspired rhthyms of fugazi made for some of the best post hardcore, fuck it, the best music, of the 90's. and the arguement, still in my top 10 of the 00's easily. but ian's excessive arrogance and preaching about what he thinks is right has always disallowed fugazi and minor threat and teen idles and every other band hes been in from being an "all time favorite". david said his music makes up for it, but i cant stand people who think what they do is the only right thing. i mean, look at steve albini, a lifelong teetotaler, and you dont see him telling people not to drink and do drugs, hes just not interested in it, yknow.

im rambling a bit i know, but im on adderal so its understandable.

i don't remember ian telling anyone to never do drugs. he preached that drugs are stupid and he doesn't do them, but he has always said that he doesn't care if anyone drinks or does drugs. it's their choice not his. also, when i saw fugazi, lots of people were drinking and smoking (and i'm sure some were on drugs) and ian didn't say anything about it.
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2008, 12:03 PM   #7
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhler
i don't remember ian telling anyone to never do drugs. he preached that drugs are stupid and he doesn't do them, but he has always said that he doesn't care if anyone drinks or does drugs. it's their choice not his. also, when i saw fugazi, lots of people were drinking and smoking (and i'm sure some were on drugs) and ian didn't say anything about it.

hmm if that is really the case how come at both Evens shows i've attended Ian specifically had the venue not serve alcohol for the whole evening? I know the person who rusn the venue and i'm a volunteer and i specifically know this to be true because it was a direct requirement (not a request) on his rider. I respect Fugazi and Ian but on this level i disagree on how he wants to dictate his shows, and thats not all, how also requires no music whatseover to be played thru the PA at his shows between sets.
to me thats kinda being "a dick".
Old 04.18.2008, 12:48 PM   #8
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott v
hmm if that is really the case how come at both Evens shows i've attended Ian specifically had the venue not serve alcohol for the whole evening? I know the person who rusn the venue and i'm a volunteer and i specifically know this to be true because it was a direct requirement (not a request) on his rider. I respect Fugazi and Ian but on this level i disagree on how he wants to dictate his shows, and thats not all, how also requires no music whatseover to be played thru the PA at his shows between sets.

Yes it is. In the 'Our band could be your life' book. He talks about people who drink being dicks and he can't be doing with them. Seems like being teetotal makes you even more of a dick.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2008, 12:51 PM   #9
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

well i was talking about ian and fugazi. i have no idea what goes on nowadays with the evens.
Old 04.18.2008, 01:39 PM   #10
mil_pl
expwy. to yr skull

mil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
i know thurston's ebay account... as i had purchased a few noise cassettes directly from him that he was selling, that was maybe a couple years ago... he doesn't use his real address though obviously, and uses the ecstatic peace address which is in the same town.

i'm not one to tell but his account is a reference to probably his single most favorite free jazz musician.

who is his favourite free jazz musician ?! send me private message i won't tell anybody, but i'm curious about it, greets!
mil_pl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2008, 01:41 PM   #11
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
if he says theyre "stupid" than he is implying that people who do them must surely be "stupid". there is absolutley no fucking debate that ian mackaye can be an opinionated prick at times.

listen to pink reason
Old 04.18.2008, 01:45 PM   #12
batreleaser
invito al cielo

and telling people not to slam dance? who the fuck does he think he is? slam dancing is fun. its a fucking blast to get absolutley wasted and go to a slayer show and jump in the pit and get your ass kicked by 40 year old metal heads who then pick you up and help you out if you get worked too hard, its liberating.

im now at 80 mgs of adderal, and im beginning to feel nervous, shakey, sweaty, and gross. bad idea.

listen to pink reason
Old 04.18.2008, 01:54 PM   #13
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by mil_pl
who is his favourite free jazz musician ?! send me private message i won't tell anybody, but i'm curious about it, greets!

Sun Ra.
Old 04.18.2008, 01:58 PM   #14
uhler
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by batreleaser
and telling people not to slam dance? who the fuck does he think he is? slam dancing is fun. its a fucking blast to get absolutley wasted and go to a slayer show and jump in the pit and get your ass kicked by 40 year old metal heads who then pick you up and help you out if you get worked too hard, its liberating.

im now at 80 mgs of adderal, and im beginning to feel nervous, shakey, sweaty, and gross. bad idea.

i think cigarettes are fucking stupid, but i have plenty of friends that smoke. i think alcohol is stupid, but i don't consider myself stupid for drinking it. just because you don't like something doesn't mean you think the people that do the stuff you don't like are morons.

i always thought slamdancing was dumb (but i don't consider the people who do it dumb, well some people) and i have been going to punk shows since i was 13 years old. if someone wants to dance at a show just do a nice circle pit. those are always a lot more fun than slamming into sweaty dudes with no shirts on.
Old 04.18.2008, 02:01 PM   #15
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
thurston hearts some crap
thurstan hearts some crap

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2008, 05:21 PM   #16
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
thurston hearts some crap
thurstan hearts some crap

uh ok, and yr point being???
Old 04.18.2008, 05:23 PM   #17
Pessimist
little trouble girl

Pessimist kicks all y'all's assesPessimist kicks all y'all's assesPessimist kicks all y'all's assesPessimist kicks all y'all's assesPessimist kicks all y'all's assesPessimist kicks all y'all's assesPessimist kicks all y'all's assesPessimist kicks all y'all's assesPessimist kicks all y'all's assesPessimist kicks all y'all's assesPessimist kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Sun Ra.

I was about to blow the whole damn thing down. Blast! Beat me to it...
Old 04.18.2008, 05:24 PM   #18
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
uh ok, and yr point being???

its not my fault that went over your early 1990s musical range, but I'm sure some other folks might have got the reference.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2008, 05:29 PM   #19
avantgarde1
the end of the ugly

avantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's asses
thurston hearts the who
how about you

avantgarde1 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2008, 05:33 PM   #20
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Sun Ra.

Agreed. Big time. Did you get "Some Blues But Not The Kind That's Blue" yet?
noisereductions is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth