Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page louder's hip-hop café V
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.29.2016, 02:52 PM   #1761
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Stereogum: "Drake's new album is boring. Here's our review."
http://www.stereogum.com/1874297/pre...re-evaluation/
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.29.2016, 05:12 PM   #1762
pepper_green
Banned

pepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's asses
fuck drake.
pepper_green is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.29.2016, 05:40 PM   #1763
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Oh, I fucking LOVE this bit from that Stereogum review:

Quote:
When Drake does stunt hard on Views, he’s mostly not doing it in his lyrics. Instead, it’s pure metatext. On the pre-album single “Pop Style,” both Kanye West and (for a moment) Jay Z showed up, and Kanye absolutely murdered Drake on his own song.
So what does Drake do? He takes both Kanye and Jay off of the song completely, adding in a new verse that’s way better than the “Chaining Tatum” verse but way worse than the Kanye one. If it’s a power move to get both of those guys on a song with you, it’s even more of a power move to disappear them.

I didn't know he did this, and I haven't even heard the Kanye verse on that song, but when Stereogum says it in bold, italicized letters, it fucking must be at least partially on point.

I can't believe he took them off the song. What a fucking tool. Kanye went out of his way to give Drake props after "FACTS" and even gave that fake ass bitch props in the song itself! Then he old the world how helpful Drake was in bouncing ideas around for Pablo, and even gave him a writing credit!

Drake is not a Kanye imitator anymore (a Kanye imitation would be infinitely better than Drake: the real thing) but that's only because he can't imitate anything but 808's. He used to at least feign respect for Kanye. But at Ovofest he got Ye to drop by and open for his ass unannounced, turning the show into something newsworthy. Why the fuck would he dis him by taking him off a track, or talking shit about how big his pool is?

Yuck. I know Ye isn't for everyone, but I thank God for him whenever I have to think about Drake's cornball ass. He's the sloppy, autistic, mad scientist anti-Drake.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.29.2016, 05:46 PM   #1764
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
You know, a while ago Sev said that he really likes If You're Reading This but doesn't expect Drake to live up to it.. deep down I was having doubts (until recently), but he turned out to be goddamn right.

Funny you say that because I was really surprised to hear you say that you weren't expecting much from the album yourself. I forget when this was. Maybe February? But I was like, wow... cause I always thought you were pretty big on Drake, and it really shocked me to hear you say this.

But yeah, I do like If You're Reading This... not so much that I listen to it often, but enough that when I first downloaded it I played the hell out of it, and did so again when I bought the cd. I really love several of the songs, but I didn't think it was going to be a new direction because -- frankly -- I think that album WAS views, and that he scrapped it and called it a "mixtape" to lower the stakes and give himself more time to get an identity. And he did have a good year in terms of popularity in 2015, but I just think it was kind of a fluke, and that Drake himself didn't even understand why it was good or what was good about it, and expected it to be a bit of a throwaway album like WATTBA.

Shrug.
Old 04.29.2016, 07:01 PM   #1765
pepper_green
Banned

pepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's asses
^^goddamn man. you type a lot. I stop after blah blah.
Old 04.29.2016, 07:09 PM   #1766
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
^^goddamn man. you type a lot. I stop after blah blah.

I know. I think everyone knows that I type a lot. Maybe it's part of the Severian "brand." If I was Drake, I'd have someone else type for me.
Old 04.29.2016, 07:22 PM   #1767
pepper_green
Banned

I just wonder about....nevermind! what's your life like? I wonder what everyone here's life is like. my life sucks. I try to crawl through the post into ya'lls brain but it doesn't work. I want to think and feel everything that passes through.
Old 04.29.2016, 07:22 PM   #1768
Severian
invito al cielo

Re: VIEWS

Also, someone on Twitter has (rather brilliantly) proven that Drake did not actually sit on top of the tower for the cover shot. Pixel ratios are cited, and it's proven beyond any kind of doubt that he was photoshopped into that top spot. Maybe he sat on the lower landing... maybe he didn't do anything, and just wanted an easily photo-shoppable image he could plaster all over anything ... Like he did with those pics of Rihanna (where's Waldo? He's on her shoulder) and Future (on the side mirror of his car).
Old 04.29.2016, 07:51 PM   #1769
pepper_green
Banned

^^fuck Drake.
Old 04.29.2016, 08:02 PM   #1770
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
I just wonder about....nevermind! what's your life like? I wonder what everyone here's life is like. my life sucks. I try to crawl through the post into ya'lls brain but it doesn't work. I want to think and feel everything that passes through.

My life is really morhetfucking busy and somewhat joyless, but not overly sorrowful. I work a butt. fuck. ton. That's my life.

But I think you're trolling drunk again. You're a super weird guy, greezer.
Old 04.29.2016, 08:47 PM   #1771
pepper_green
Banned

Naw dawg!! im not super weird. just super tired like you. just remember that.

my life is mothering fucrker scehatertting like sbongs soundrtarecks too. it's just a generatinos al thang, see other dont' get or understand shit.
Old 04.29.2016, 10:26 PM   #1772
Severian
invito al cielo

You're drunk though, right?
Old 04.30.2016, 03:48 AM   #1773
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Oh, I fucking LOVE this bit from that Stereogum review:

I didn't know he did this, and I haven't even heard the Kanye verse on that song, but when Stereogum says it in bold, italicized letters, it fucking must be at least partially on point.

I can't believe he took them off the song. What a fucking tool. Kanye went out of his way to give Drake props after "FACTS" and even gave that fake ass bitch props in the song itself! Then he old the world how helpful Drake was in bouncing ideas around for Pablo, and even gave him a writing credit!

Drake is not a Kanye imitator anymore (a Kanye imitation would be infinitely better than Drake: the real thing) but that's only because he can't imitate anything but 808's. He used to at least feign respect for Kanye. But at Ovofest he got Ye to drop by and open for his ass unannounced, turning the show into something newsworthy. Why the fuck would he dis him by taking him off a track, or talking shit about how big his pool is?

Yuck. I know Ye isn't for everyone, but I thank God for him whenever I have to think about Drake's cornball ass. He's the sloppy, autistic, mad scientist anti-Drake.
That basically sums up everything I dislike about current Drake. Kanye kept Ross on Devil in a New Dress. Kendrick kept Jay Rock on Money Trees and Rapsody on Complexion. Do I think any lesser of them? Hell no, I actually appreciate them more because it made those songs better. Drake won't let anyone steal his show. Dude tries to seem confident, but he's really insecure as hell.
Old 04.30.2016, 04:01 AM   #1774
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:
Funny you say that because I was really surprised to hear you say that you weren't expecting much from the album yourself. I forget when this was. Maybe February? But I was like, wow... cause I always thought you were pretty big on Drake, and it really shocked me to hear you say this.

But yeah, I do like If You're Reading This... not so much that I listen to it often, but enough that when I first downloaded it I played the hell out of it, and did so again when I bought the cd. I really love several of the songs, but I didn't think it was going to be a new direction because -- frankly -- I think that album WAS views, and that he scrapped it and called it a "mixtape" to lower the stakes and give himself more time to get an identity. And he did have a good year in terms of popularity in 2015, but I just think it was kind of a fluke, and that Drake himself didn't even understand why it was good or what was good about it, and expected it to be a bit of a throwaway album like WATTBA.

Shrug.
I really started finding him annoying about the time WATTBA came out. It wasn't a great project musically or anything.. but Future at least came dressed to the occasion and spat some of his best, most introspective verses to date. Drake on the other hand, was trying to keep up with him by rapping about a bunch of nothingness. "I am successful, I am popular, girls like me..", yeah good for him, but it wasn't convincing; he didn't sound happy, he just came off as desperate, not to mention kinda bored.
Old 04.30.2016, 06:55 AM   #1775
louder
invito al cielo

I think I was hoping that Drake would come up with a centerpiece where he would open up and show his vulnerability, and remind me of the beauty in his persona. Like.. "look, I know I've been a douche lately, but I will prove to you why you should still love me." Kanye of course crowned this with MBDTF, and I feel like Drake successfully achieved that with Take Care. Nothing Was the Same had glimpses of it, but even then he started showing signs of running out of substance and losing his artistic merit. If You're Reading This was basically as dull as the cover art suggested, an entire mixtape about pretty much nothing; but it worked because Drake's writers helped him develop a new persona for the project, where his brag lines were witty, sharp and reminiscent of Black Album-era Jay. But after a while I realized that the dude is done. Drake has nothing more to offer, at least in my opinion.
Old 04.30.2016, 07:05 AM   #1776
louder
invito al cielo

I think the cover art of Views actually fits the project very well. Yes Drake is currently sitting on top of the rap game, popularity-wise, but he's looking lost and confused; as if he's searching for an identity, and no one really knows what the hell he's doing there. The fact he was Photoshopped on it is symbolic too, because his come up doesn't come off as natural, it's very calculated and wouldn't've been done without the help of other people.
Old 04.30.2016, 02:17 PM   #1777
louder
invito al cielo

So it's happening..

Old 04.30.2016, 04:51 PM   #1778
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
So it's happening..

Wait, what?

Chance 3?!
Old 04.30.2016, 11:00 PM   #1779
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:
Wait, what?

Chance 3?!
YES! Sometime in the next few weeks, possibly days.
Old 04.30.2016, 11:01 PM   #1780
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:
.Paak: “…just don’t forget the dot.”
Ebro: “Why the period?”
.Paak: “‘Cause they slept on me for so long, so now they gotta pay attention to everything, y'know? Like, details.”
OH WOW!

Also, new AMAZING video for "The Seasons / Carry Me" and "The Waters":
https://itunes.apple.com/us/post/ids...6-08ec90d6e701
79868788 89 90919299139189 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth