Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page MP3/Ipod shame anybody?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.12.2006, 10:50 AM   #1
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
just read off the net today that 49% of people that own an MP3 player actually own an apple Ipod of some kind but i want to know....

what is the one track/album on your mp3 player that really makes you cringe, the one that would freak out your friends if they saw it?. maybe your friend put it on or maybe you did but never got to take it off... yet (<- cuz thats a valid excuse!)

i admit to having Keane on mine... the shame....THE SHAME!!

ok i have Coldplay also now fuck off and tell me some of yours...
Old 05.12.2006, 10:56 AM   #2
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Ah, excellent topic. I don't have a MP3 player, but I often find that someone's most embarassing song tells you a lot about them. I remember a party where I asked this girl to put on the most embarassing record in her collection on (having suffered nothing but god awful ambient shite all evening) and she pulled out some outstanding throat singing, and all was forgiven.

My guilty pleasure would have to be Cradle of Filth, but I'm not embarassed about that in the slightest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.12.2006, 11:02 AM   #3
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i think i have some rosemary clooney-- mambo italiano-- somewhere. for peculiar reasons. i have all sorts of strange tracks. all in a big computer though, i refuse ipods. my friends can kiss my ass, however.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.12.2006, 11:06 AM   #4
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Iain's music.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.12.2006, 11:11 AM   #5
johnnywinternoshow
the end of the ugly

johnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's asses
i refuse to get an ipod. you got to keep those things in a velvet room and pick it up with a velvet glove to not get scratches on them.

the only thing on mine that i'd be embarassed about would be musical youth - pass the dutchie. I used to have some pato banton on there too but it annoyed me too much
johnnywinternoshow is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.12.2006, 11:18 AM   #6
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnywinternoshow
i refuse to get an ipod. you got to keep those things in a velvet room and pick it up with a velvet glove to not get scratches on them.

Although I match these criteria, my velvet room ain't for music. It's for lovin'.

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Old 05.12.2006, 11:23 AM   #7
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Although I match these criteria, my velvet room ain't for music. It's for lovin'.

ohh lovely, its like the lyrics to some Bon Jovi song...
"i wanna lay you down in a velvet room.. sweet lovin on the crushed velvet walls..and the bottle of vodka still lodged in my hand.."
Glice, sometimes you say the most lovelyest things..
Old 05.12.2006, 11:25 AM   #8
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
fishmonkey,it's not bonjovi if you don't put somewhere : "FOREEEEEEEVEEEEEER!
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.12.2006, 11:27 AM   #9
johnnywinternoshow
the end of the ugly

johnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's asses
hehehe
johnnywinternoshow is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.12.2006, 11:35 AM   #10
cottonrevenge
empty page

cottonrevenge has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I have an ipod but I have a different sort of shame which comes from being such a good little consumer to have spent money on what is essentially a conveniant filing system. I have to hand it to apple, they are good at projecting an image that fetishizes their product. Also. I feel like I don't actually have an album if I have it on mp3 only. I only have stuff on my ipod which I already own on record or cd. But still I feel like I am contributing to the watering down of culture. I mean, How much meaning can the art have to you if you don't bother yourself with the actual product of the artist, but rather with some digital ghost that is another barrier beteen you and the artists expression.
cottonrevenge is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.12.2006, 11:38 AM   #11
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Madonna. A lot of people don't like her, but I think she's good.
Old 05.12.2006, 11:52 AM   #12
Glice
invito al cielo

Kill everyone who doesn't like Madonna. Seriously though, they're a plague on existence. If you can't enjoy Madonna (well, the immaculate collection at least, some of the album tracks are a bit ropey) then you can't enjoy life. Same statement goes for the Shaggs as well.

Quote:
Old 05.12.2006, 11:57 AM   #13
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Kill everyone who doesn't like Madonna. Seriously though, they're a plague on existence. If you can't enjoy Madonna (well, the immaculate collection at least, some of the album tracks are a bit ropey) then you can't enjoy life. Same statement goes for the Shaggs as well.

oh, boo hooo... i don't like madonna... i still had this hot dream where i fucked her. best sex dream ever. so i guess i like(d) her-- naked. not the music however. big fucking deal. if we all liked the same, it would be very dull.

don't foulmouth cheese however or you'll pay with your life
Old 05.12.2006, 12:13 PM   #14
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
oh, boo hooo... i don't like madonna... i still had this hot dream where i fucked her. best sex dream ever. so i guess i like(d) her-- naked. not the music however. big fucking deal. if we all liked the same, it would be very dull.

don't foulmouth cheese however or you'll pay with your life

True 'nuff. I've got a few more posts until I reach my 'absurd rhetoric' limit for today, would be a shame not to use them.

... uh, I mean... Fuck you! Smell-face.

Quote:
Old 05.12.2006, 12:19 PM   #15
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
... uh, I mean... Fuck you! Smell-face.

hah, i can totally handle the attacks as long as you don't commit cheese-blasphemy.
Old 05.12.2006, 12:29 PM   #16
Glice
invito al cielo

Surely no one would be foolish enough to attack cheese publicly? Surely no one is so heretical as to incur the God's ire?

Quote:
Old 05.12.2006, 12:37 PM   #17
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Surely no one would be foolish enough to attack cheese publicly? Surely no one is so heretical as to incur the God's ire?

amen, brutha...
Old 05.12.2006, 01:38 PM   #18
static-harmony
invito al cielo

static-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's asses
I LOOOOOVE Cheese in a quesadilla, in nachos, hell eating it alone is good. I am ashame to have Yellow by Coldplay. I just like that damn song.

static-harmony is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.12.2006, 01:45 PM   #19
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

noumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard sucka
http://download.yousendit.com/70BA7D2E665DA295
noumenal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.12.2006, 01:51 PM   #20
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
i dont know, i look
ummm, maybe heart, i have two songs by them on my ipod.
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth