Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page The Game
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.20.2009, 03:37 PM   #1
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I never really talk about him much, but he's one of my favorite current rappers. Anyone else into him? (I'm purposely not saying much in the first post, cuz if this thread doesn't take off, I'm not wasting my e-breath).
Old 11.20.2009, 03:38 PM   #2
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
ps, if yr curious something like this for rappers currently making records:

1. Lil Wayne
2. DOOM
3. Ghostface Killah
4. TI
5. The Game
Old 11.20.2009, 05:06 PM   #3
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
I think The Game is the shit. sometimes he milks that whole "i am the renaissance of 90s gangsta rap" all in all I dig his style. Perfect westcoast beats to represent on all this bullshit on the radio and take rap back from that dirty south phase and bring it back jumpin on the west. Further, he actually brings substance from time to time mixed into that shit.

My favorite The Game line..

"and for every nigga listening.. I was supposed to be amongst kings my moms shouted out at my christening"

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.20.2009, 05:21 PM   #4
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
I have The Documentary and I think the majority of the tracks are hell of strong. Anything else I should listen to?
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.20.2009, 07:28 PM   #5
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
I have The Documentary and I think the majority of the tracks are hell of strong. Anything else I should listen to?

yeah, throw that whack as 50cent shit out the window and pick up The Doctor's Advocate and LAX and the underground Untold Story floating around under "discography" or "bootleg"

I never liked the Game until he dropped that whole eastcoastish thing and went full west coast after Doctor's Advocate.

Old 11.20.2009, 09:02 PM   #6
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
seriously, the game? jeeyayzus fuck
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.20.2009, 10:43 PM   #7
noisereductions
invito al cielo

I love all 3 majors: Documentary, Doctor's Advocate and LAX. Each one is better than the one before.

His indie albums on Get Low are alright, but lack the production.

Mixtape-wise, I'd recommend FIFTH ELEMENT (G-Unit era), and then Ghost Unit and You Know What It Is Vol 3 for his post G-Unit shiz.

He's so awesome. His flow is incredible, and the dichotomy of his lyrics/personality always reminds me of the apex of 2Pac's work. The Game is hands down my favorite West Coast rapper that's currently making records. He's unique, and real. But I mean really real. Like he's sensitive AND a prick. Which is in a lot of ways more honest than just painting the stage persona that most rappers do.
Old 11.20.2009, 10:48 PM   #8
noisereductions
invito al cielo

also, I know LAX was in my Top 10 last year, but honestly the track "My Life" he did with Lil Wayne on there is probably my favorite song of 2008. To me it's his most accomplished track. It's up there for me with like Pac's "So Many Tears"... the lyrics kill me. Incredible.
Old 11.21.2009, 04:25 PM   #9
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
seriously, the game? jeeyayzus fuck

is hating all you do?

I'd award you the playa hater of the year 2009 award but I think you already got a stack of plaques from years past

Old 11.21.2009, 04:50 PM   #10
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
yeah, throw that whack as 50cent shit out the window and pick up The Doctor's Advocate and LAX and the underground Untold Story floating around under "discography" or "bootleg"

I never liked the Game until he dropped that whole eastcoastish thing and went full west coast after Doctor's Advocate.
I can't throw it out the window because then I'd need to throw my harddrive out!

Okay I will further investigate into The Game, thanks!
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.21.2009, 04:56 PM   #11
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
I can't throw it out the window because then I'd need to throw my harddrive out!

Okay I will further investigate into The Game, thanks!

I recommend it, the Game is one of the few contemporary rappers I can handle cuz he has the vibe, sound, style and beats from the 90s west coast era, and that is all I can listen to. He is one of the few rappers who is immune to this whole dirty south/ super pop take over of 21st century rap and hip hop. Him and Snoop still keep it real like it was 1995! after all, in reality the streets here haven't changed much in 15 years and we still need a soundtrack

Old 11.21.2009, 05:06 PM   #12
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
lyrically he's terrible, but has great production and a fitting voice. Although turf talk is where the west coast is at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra1qWMYB_c8
Inhuman is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.21.2009, 06:25 PM   #13
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhuman
lyrically he's terrible, but has great production and a fitting voice. Although turf talk is where the west coast is at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra1qWMYB_c8

this is true. The yay ar-ee-uh is the new west coast keeping it alive and popping

Old 11.21.2009, 07:21 PM   #14
viewtiful_alan
invito al cielo

viewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
ps, if yr curious something like this for rappers currently making records:

1. Lil Wayne
2. DOOM
3. Ghostface Killah
4. TI
5. The Game

1. Lil Wayne
2. Ghostface Killah
3. Jay-Z
4. Kanye West
5. Drake

Dont hate.

viewtiful_alan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.21.2009, 07:22 PM   #15
viewtiful_alan
invito al cielo

viewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
I love all 3 majors: Documentary, Doctor's Advocate and LAX. Each one is better than the one before.

His indie albums on Get Low are alright, but lack the production.

Mixtape-wise, I'd recommend FIFTH ELEMENT (G-Unit era), and then Ghost Unit and You Know What It Is Vol 3 for his post G-Unit shiz.

He's so awesome. His flow is incredible, and the dichotomy of his lyrics/personality always reminds me of the apex of 2Pac's work. The Game is hands down my favorite West Coast rapper that's currently making records. He's unique, and real. But I mean really real. Like he's sensitive AND a prick. Which is in a lot of ways more honest than just painting the stage persona that most rappers do.
Its almost comical how 50 is scared of getting on a track with the Game.
50 Cent needs to retire... he's already pretty much reached complete joke status.

Old 11.21.2009, 08:08 PM   #16
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
The Game doesn't interest me. I hate the West Coast rap scene as a whole going back as far as time exists, though. I don't know. Just can't dig it. I'm from Minnesota. The only rap I get into is people rhyming about rolling jibs and shit.
Old 11.21.2009, 08:47 PM   #17
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewtiful_alan
1. Lil Wayne
2. Ghostface Killah
3. Jay-Z
4. Kanye West
5. Drake

Dont hate.

Jay would be in my Top 10. Not my Top 5.
Kanye would be in there if we were talking producers. Not rappers.
Drake is good, but has not yet proven to me that he's more capable than just dropping a good mixtape. I don't think he deserves the high praise he gets yet.
Old 11.21.2009, 08:49 PM   #18
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewtiful_alan
Its almost comical how 50 is scared of getting on a track with the Game.
50 Cent needs to retire... he's already pretty much reached complete joke status.

I got both of 50's mixtapes he put out this year, and they were utter shit. He definitely needs to just hang his shit up. Just become an executive producer or something. Haha.
Old 11.21.2009, 09:52 PM   #19
viewtiful_alan
invito al cielo

He's basically the Dumb Jock of the Hip Hop world, he got popular by being good for a little while, but it faded, and he picks on others who are doing better than him so that people will pay attention.

More people were excited about Rick Ross' (or officer Ricky) newest album than about Before I self Destruct came out almost as silently as the fat joe release he mocked.

Old 11.21.2009, 10:47 PM   #20
noisereductions
invito al cielo

I thought CURTIS was somewhat okay. But never bought it. I've really never liked 50 at all. And the only G-Unit members I've ever liked both left G-Unit (The Game and Young Buck).

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth