Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page I am GOING TO FOOTBALL HEAVEN!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.13.2006, 12:46 PM   #1
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
You heard me right! I will be leaving Houston texas on the 3rd of August to make it to Canton Ohio for the Pro Football HALL OF FAME Induction Ceremony!!! Hell yeah! This will be a solo road-trip taken by yours truly to commune with football fans from around the country!
I watch the hall of fame Induction Ceremony every year and I fucking love it and it makes me cry sometimes to see these all-time greats talk about what it took to get there and the many accomplishments of their lives. I fucking love football so much. It is making my balls ache right now thinking about it.
I have wanted to go to canton to visit the Hall Of fame for a LOOOONG time now, and this will be my chance! When i first heard Warren Moon was going to be inducted about 8 months ago I began to ponder the possibilities.
This year's inductees are a stellar group! Incredible group!
Coach John Madden
Lineman Rayfield Wright from the Staubach Cowboys
Troy Aikman
Reggie White
Warren Moon
AMAZING! I alreayd have my hotel room reserved (in Akron, 12 miles north of canton) and I have my ticket ordere for the Induction ceremony. i will not be able to go to the Hall opf Fame game because the citizens of Canton get first dibs on that (as it should be) and they are sold out! But either way I will get to go to the Hall of fame museum and see the busts of the great legends and I will commune with the might of the likes of Lombardi, Earl Campbell, don shula, Joe Montana, My main man Dan Marino, Mean Joe Greene, Terry Bradshaw, etc etc etc. Over 70 hall of fame members are listed as confirming their visit that weekend, as well as many ex-footballers there to cheer on teir friends and teammates. I am so fucking stoked. My bro, th x-man, said he is bidding on a warren moon jersey for me to wear the whole time I am there! hell yeah! I am gonna run into so many old Oiler faithful, fans of the LUV YA BLUE, fans of the HOUSE OF PAIN!
I will take my camera and a small autograph book and see who I can run into. I am so excited!
Long Live football!!!!!!!

I have never taken a vacation by myself!
Old 07.13.2006, 12:47 PM   #2
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
You mean American Soccer, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2006, 12:55 PM   #3
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
hahahah!

yeah!

does anyone from that area of the country know of a ny good shows that weekend, the 4th 5th or 6th of august?

I'd like to rock as well.

or maybe any good record stores i Cleveland?
Old 07.13.2006, 01:13 PM   #4
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Dunno about good record stores, but if the underground club Speak In Tongues is still going, check it out. Cat pee smell notwithstanding, that place was pretty cool.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2006, 01:22 PM   #5
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
american soccer is for big sissy boys.
jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2006, 02:08 PM   #6
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

american soccer is the only sport where after any given play you can end up with broken arms, legs, collarbones, dislocated shoulders, hyperextended knees, ruptured tendons and ligaments, paralysis, herniated discs, etc etc.

Ronnie Lott, safety extraordinaire, once dislocated his ring finger's third knuckle and ruptured half the flesh off on an opponents helmet while making a tackle. he did not want to be taken out of the game so in the defensive huddle he literally gnawed and bit the end of his ring finger off, spit it out on the field, and continued playing the rest of the game. never told his coaches or his trainers.
yeah, it sure is sissy,

so much sissier than futbol where grown men pretend to cry, emoting ten times worse than the floppers in the basketball leagues, have a medic crew run on the field, place the "injured" player ina stretcher, cart him off the pitch, and have him "miraculously" recover and jog back onto the field. fucking bullshit.
Old 07.13.2006, 02:15 PM   #7
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
"Ronnie Lott, safety extraordinaire, once dislocated his ring finger's third knuckle and ruptured half the flesh off on an opponents helmet while making a tackle. he did not want to be taken out of the game so in the defensive huddle he literally gnawed and bit the end of his ring finger off, spit it out on the field, and continued playing the rest of the game. never told his coaches or his trainers.

This is not something I would be proud of doing for the sake of some GAME.
I would call him a total macho moron, but you are correct: "sissy" is a word I would not use.
Dude is definitely tough. And dumb.
Old 07.13.2006, 02:18 PM   #8
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

it is not a game it is life!

soccer players are proud to say their game is their life. football players should be just as entitled. construction workers get hurt and keep building, athletes get hurt and keep playing, etc etc. it is the choiices one makes, and once the chopice is made itr must be carried out full-on to it's bitter end right?
Old 07.13.2006, 02:21 PM   #9
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

I guess.
I have always thought all big spectator team sports were stupid as fuck, so obviously I have prejudices.
I will not question his dedication. His dedication to this game.
Still, I will not laud someone willing to undergo disfigurement for the sake of this activity. That is stupid. However, I will give him his due for dedication and toughness.

Same goes for a construction worker who does not take care of injuries, by the way. Why would you not take care of that?
Old 07.13.2006, 02:52 PM   #10
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

different reasons. in construction, just as in sports, there is always ome other dude willing to jump in and take your job if you get injured and canot work. and there is no guarantee you will get your job back once the injury heals.

secretaries endure carpal tunnel syndrome, arthritis, fused vertebrae, neck strain, eye strain, all things which will come back to haunt you once you are older. every human endeavor takes something out of you, and willingly as well.

To me there are only a very few human endeavors where the likelihood of seeing something that has never ever happened before are high.

those are the creative arts (painting, sculpture, writing, music, etc)
politics
war
sport

I prefer art and sport.
Old 07.13.2006, 03:29 PM   #11
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Gaelic Football, Curling, Aussie Rules and Rugby are all hard as fuck without all the girly padding and hugging.

Ultimately, cricket shits on all known sports though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2006, 03:40 PM   #12
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
hahahah!

yeah!

does anyone from that area of the country know of a ny good shows that weekend, the 4th 5th or 6th of august?

I'd like to rock as well.

or maybe any good record stores i Cleveland?

Your going to miss SY, The Flaming Lips, and some shitty pseudo indie bands by about 4 days.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2006, 04:26 PM   #13
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
That's awesome man. I was a huge Warren Moon fan when I was a kid and still have a buttload of his cards....was pissed as hell when they moved to Tennessee, but I still would like to see the Texans win. Troy Aikmen can of course kiss my arse even though he was a hell of a player. I'm thinking about going to Cooperstown next year when my boyhood hero will be inducted and the man who revolutionized shortstop into a position where you were not only a nasty fielder, but a big guy who could fucking rake......CAL RIPKEN JR!!!! I really have to make it up there.
Old 07.13.2006, 04:44 PM   #14
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Gaelic Football, Curling, Aussie Rules and Rugby are all hard as fuck without all the girly padding and hugging.

Ultimately, cricket shits on all known sports though.

noone said they were not, but they are also not played by guys who weigh 325 lbs, can run 40 yards in 4.6 seconds, have vertical leaps of 36 inches, and can bench press 600 lbs. give me a break. I always give mad props to rugby and aussie rules and gaelic football. they are fun and rough and excitin, but in terms of pure violence? nothing matches american football.

not that this is a good stat, because I wish it did not happen, but in the USA each year and average of 95 children of school age die playing football, PADS AND ALL. how many children die playing rugby or aussie football? what sport is rougher?
Old 07.13.2006, 04:51 PM   #15
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
not that this is a good stat, because I wish it did not happen, but in the USA each year and average of 95 children of school age die playing football, PADS AND ALL. how many children die playing rugby or aussie football? what sport is rougher?

Reference Dead Kennedys' "Jock-O-Rama" for a musical tribute to this stat.
Old 07.13.2006, 04:59 PM   #16
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

You know Jello Biafra was a lapsed jock right?

If there is one thing I hate is the fucking stupid smug attitude that so called "scenesters" give me when they find out I LOVE football, and sport in general. They take it personal the dumb sadsack shits. These same people get upset when I tell them I love science and physics and stuff like that.
There is no difference to me. it is all human endeavor. I can root for a team and I can enjoy a painting and I can rock out harder tha these self-righteous fucks and I got better music than them and I can still drool over visiting the football hall of fame.

Austin was full of dipshit fucks who gave me this attitude. all the TIME

sonic life!
Old 07.13.2006, 05:05 PM   #17
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

I know plenty of people who are deeply into the underground who also love sports. I don't understand it myself, but I have enough in common with them (and you) not to look down my nose on them for it.
As long as I don't have to sit and watch some game I don't care about, it makes no difference to me.
I do find the overall culture of sports and sports fandom completely repellent, but most people I know who are super into sports don't fit that stereotype.
We all like what we like, and I'm sure you're gonna have a blast.
Old 07.13.2006, 05:09 PM   #18
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
If they didn't have padding they'd kill each other.....people get knocked the fuck out all the time even with the equipment.
Old 07.13.2006, 05:12 PM   #19
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

hey savage, FYI my rant was not aimed at you so please do not take it that way. you are more than civil! You should see some people though! They are fucking closeminded assholes!!!!!
Old 07.13.2006, 05:12 PM   #20
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

I think Jello being a lapsed jock gives him more cred to criticize than, say, umm....me.

I get that you weren't pointing that at me. Most appreciated though, and I know what you mean.
I definitely make fun of my sporto friends, but it's only one of many things I make fun of them for.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth