Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Town characters
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.10.2007, 01:29 PM   #21
sarramkrop

The toothbrush lover - A guy who holds a toothbrush outside a train station, and cries and shouts at it like they have been a married couple.

Best thread on this forum in a while.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.10.2007, 01:45 PM   #22
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
The Rider: This kid always rides around the park daily with his scooter. Sometimes he even comes every half hour. Guess he's just got nothing better to do then to drive his scooter around all day.

BTY: (pronounced Beety) Notorious for his binge drinking, He drinks an entire bottle of whiskey by himself and shotguns a few beers all in one night.

Pidgeonman: Old man who walks by daily. He got this name because we saw him carry a dead pidgeon around... Yeah it's weird.

Planet of the Apes & Bilal: Two junkie turcs who make up the craziest stories you've ever heard. Bilal claims that he posseses 'magical' powers and that he is able to cure wounds when he blows over them. Bilal once got stuck in an acid trip.

Planet of the Apes is also a turkish junkie and he got this name because he resembles to one of the apes in POTA. Notorious for snorting huge amounts of coke. He once sucked someone's penis to get his daily portion of cocaine.
Old 07.10.2007, 01:58 PM   #23
sarramkrop

There are many characters on the gay scene. My favourite has always been Mark, this guy who would throw parties in his house but noone has ever been allowed to switch the tv off, now on for 5 years. The previous one died during another party and it had been on constantly for about 8 years. He makes bread clocks and is rumoured to have been a Madame in a Paris brothel. For some reason that is apparently connected to his previous job, he never sleeps in his own bedroom but always on the couch in the front room.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.17.2007, 04:35 PM   #24
racehorse
100%

racehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's asses
shane o shea: twenty something year old shell suited chav in and out of prison like a yo-yo for robbing old ladies who looks like the guy at the end of robocop who gets acid poured all over him and ends up looking like a cross between a human, a pig and a zombie used to frequent the record shop that i worked in and would come in everyday to put oasis on the personal listening dock and sing along at the top of his lungs as we watched him like a hawk.

another regular of the record shop was the Midnight Runner, who came in and only wanted songs with swear words. he runs around town at night carrying a massive ghetto blaster, flashing lights and wearing oversized headphones.

there was a lad (i think his name was johnny) who went into spar and asked for a leg of lamb. when the guy at the desk told him that they dont sell lamb Johnny laid him out.

and then there was the Police Woman, an elderly old crone who used to hang around the park with her little dog and nicked our footballs. when we asked for them back she used to say into her jacket "units, units, calling all units". We called the police on her a few times. i remember they turned up once in their car and she tried to do a runner on foot… she's dead now.

Also there was a guy who used to go up to complete strangers & ask 'what would you do if you had Johnny Cash's money?'.

also, my dad knew a guy who worked in the library and there was a guy who'd go into the toilets with Barbie Dolls, spill his love juice on them and then leave them there. my dad's friend had to clean it up once.

ahh... jersey life.
racehorse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.17.2007, 05:24 PM   #25
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by racehorse
there was a lad (i think his name was johnny) who went into spar and asked for a leg of lamb. when the guy at the desk told him that they dont sell lamb Johnny laid him out.

You think that's bad?

[family guy flashback] I went into my local spar to buy some limes, and the clerk was saying "oh, are these lemons?; HOW MUCH ARE THESE LEMONS BARBRA?" to what appeared to be a non-existent manager in a stock room behind the counter. I heard no reply, but the clerk just said "alright, they're 20p each". I paid and left. [/family guy flashback]
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.17.2007, 10:32 PM   #26
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
Freddy: Aging hippie. Gives music lessons out of a small shop. Most people in our town who play any sort of instrument have taken lessons from him at one point. One friend of mine took guitar lessons from Freddy. Freddy refused to call my friend by his real name. Instead, he would call him "Dragon Princess." My friend stopped taking lessons from him shortly thereafter.

The Saberz: A gang of middle school aged kids who ride around the West Main area on their bikes, committing insignificant acts of vandalism that leave us all shaking in our boots.

There are plenty more, but most of them are just people who walk around certain sections of town doing their own odd thing. Church Guy is always holding a big wooden cross and praying, etc...

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.18.2007, 01:41 AM   #27
alteredcourse
expwy. to yr skull

alteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's asses
Ahhh , this is the best thread yet .

I've met "Tony Montana" . He cruises the scummy part of town in a rusty duct-taped wheelchair , looking for girls younger than his daughter . He offers them salted mixed nuts from this glass mason jar he keeps by his side. A nice guy , really , been married a few times, once to a woman who kept 170 waist sized dolls in their one bedroom apartment, treating them better than her husband or real children . The conversations always begin sweetly enough but the lower the sun sets, the closer he gets to simply telling you that he wants you to fuck him in his wheelchair .

There is also Kenneth . He catches your eye hanging out under the lone lamp in the scuzziest of alleys , vigorously spinning this long baton....flinging it into the air, tossing it behind his back . A 'pharmaceutical technician' by 16 and an artist in the decades since , he'll comment on the beautiful night as you pass by and converse astrophysics as rats run over your shoes . He'd tell you that it was no coincidence that you turned away from the loud crowds of drunken youth into a lonely alley to receive his baton-twirling tips .
alteredcourse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.18.2007, 05:37 AM   #28
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
running bearded guy: would run the 12 or so miles to tybee island, then all the way down the beach and then back to his home (which is in the city if i recall), so i guess about a 30 mile round trip, every day.... always had this long beard and short 80s style running shorts...when i was little and lived on the island, i would see him often, and he never even took a long breath, nothing ever broke his stride...im pretty sure he was a normal dude, but i dont think he ever entered the marathons that tybee or savannah hold every year...havent seen him in many years though, he may be too old now i guess...

yardsale lady: woman who has had a yardsale going almost every day, for at least 5 years now....sits on her couch in her front yard, surrounded by junk (probably that she saved from the nearby county dump), and sells it to passers-by....i see her riding her bike to get groceries sometimes...never seen her speak....i dont know if she makes more than $12 a week....

'John': slightly mentally-handicapped guy (about age 60-70) who cant drive...can seemingly walk as fast as you can drive, though you never see him walking...i assume he knows all manner of shortcuts, and probably through people's yards...used to live just a block away from him...not creepy, just strange...he would go to the local bar and Publix, and that was it as far as anyone knows...lives near this baseball field, and people always pick him up for rides, though i havent seen him in a couple years...not sure what happened to him

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2007, 05:33 AM   #29
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
And there was that young red-head guy. First time I saw him, we were in the public library. I was reading a rock magazine, and he was holding a newspaper. All of a sudden, the noise of pages being frantically rubbed between thumbs and indexes made me look at him. His eyes were making quick lateral movements. The rest of his body had not budged. Then he stoppped. I went back to my reading. A couple of minutes later, he was at it again. And so on. He would get up at times to pick another newspaper to enjoy a different sound.

He had a beard back then, long hair, clean clothes. He shaved, had his hair cut, ain't so clean anymore, but seems to see the world around him more.

Once I was at a friend's house, paying him compliments about his garden. He told me that he had had hard times seeding there for, when he started doing so, his shovel hit a plastic bag. He dug it up - it was only garbage from the former owner of the house, no morbid things, and my friend moved through the house with the bag so the garbage men would collect it by the entrance door. He went back to the garden, and carried on with shovelling. That's when he found another plastic bag, and another, and another...
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2007, 05:57 AM   #30
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
katerina.
havent seen her in years. she was walking around town mumbling to herself. when she was waiting in a line or just standing somewhere, any random, unfortunate man who just happened to be next to her, would become target of accusations for (sexually) touching her. she would start shouting, calling him names and pointing him out.

that sounds like just about everyones worse nightmare.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.26.2007, 05:01 AM   #31
sarramkrop

I thought that I had seen it all and nothing would shock me anymore, but last Friday I boarded a bus on my way home after a night out and I sat next to a gentleman who was an exact replica of the Elephant Man. I thought that he might have been someone dressed up for a party or something, but he wasn't because his clothes looked like his real ones. To add to the weirdness, he held a notebook in his hands that had all these formulas on it, and he kept staring at the same page throughout the journey. He shot straight to number one weird character in my top ten, and I still feel a bit spooked out but fascinated.

Another one is George, a really sweet guy who hangs around in Soho dressed in the most gorgeous garnments that he makes himself. He isn't a weirdo or anything, just a sweet and creative soul with a striking talent for clothes-making. His costumes are sometimes similar to those Sun Ra used to wear.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.26.2007, 05:18 AM   #32
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
I was walking to the bank the other day and this oldish lady with wild gray hair and torn clothing (an epitome of the kooky homeless lady) asked me frustratedly in passing "What's going on? Is it the government? The movie just came out? What's the matter with everyone?" I, of course, shocked by the direct question replied "I don't know" rather dumbly. I couldn't tell if she was paranoid or just legitimately got frustrated at something.

Just another random freak in the great freakdom of San Francisco, me included.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.26.2007, 08:52 AM   #33
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

ALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's asses
Philly Warrel - He is the towns urban legen pedo. Everyones friend has seen him but you or your friend never have. He lives near a school and drives in a van.

Potato Head - I think he is a bit slow, but he has a big large potato shaped head and he is short and walks around in a very odd manner
Old 11.26.2007, 09:14 AM   #34
sarramkrop

Mr Pee - He's an old guy who always has a sweet smile on his face but he reeks of piss and something horrid that I can't make out. He is always pissed and has the ability of clearing a bar fast with his malodorous self.

Legless Skateboarder - Another sweet character and something of a Waterloo Station legend. He has most of the lower part of his body missing and he can be found near the station rummaging through the rubbish, permanently stationed on the skateboard that he uses to move around. He is always charming and polite. I haven't seen him in aeons, so hopefully he is safe, somewhere.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.26.2007, 10:18 AM   #35
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
this is sort of weird, because as i came to open this thread now, i started to think about a deformed, not only deformed man, he has no legs either, but his head is - wont describe, dont think you people need the details-..
have seen a person in worse than him state, that was surely 15 yrs ago and there is never a time i pass by the spot and i dont think of the image i saw with the corner of my eye that day.

I can't take him off my mind. I assume that he must have had a condition of some sort, but it was impossible to tell because of the huge dark coat, the white veil, the black hat and the black leather gloves that he was wearing. What spooked me out more were the undecipherable formulas that he kept staring at for ages. Somehow this episode also brought back to my mind something that I read on the papers a few years ago, when they found a dead person in the Thames, apparently murdered by some of the satanic sects that prolificate in certain parts of London and murder people in their rituals. Genuinely disturbing stuff.

Edit - By the way, thanks for the nice pm. I will reply in a bit.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.26.2007, 10:53 AM   #36
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
captain purple, an older DC scenester who is a huge power pop and punk fan, huge fan of japanese culture and bands like Shonen Knife who played on saturday, he's a quirky guy, will walk up to you and just start a conversation, he gives out stuffed animals to musicians (mostly Allison Wolfe), but quite a nice and harmless guy
pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.26.2007, 11:03 AM   #37
Lamont Cranston
100%

Lamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's asses
The SS Officer: for many years in Melbourne there was an immaculately clean & groomed man dressed in a Nazi SS Officers uniform. He would spend the day wandering around the inner-city, riding around the train loop, riding around the tram network.
Lamont Cranston is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.04.2011, 05:00 AM   #38
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertrand
Bicycle Ancient : an old white-bearded man with a cap on. He's not a drinker, has his schedule. I find him quite impressive for he hasn't fallen down that much (he is extremely organized, and his bike ain't a bad one). Always seems to mutely judge people.

There's a younger guy, in his early thirties, whose tan gets stronger and stronger. His face seems burned. He gets drunk. His silhouette has changed in the past months. His gait became unsteady, one of his shoulder looks as if weighing a ton for him to move on. A polite shy chap. Once daydreamed looking at my very old raincoat.

4 years have passed.
Bicycle Ancient hasn't changed a bit.

The younger guy did change though.
2 years ago, it seemed like he was a puppet whose neck-string had been snapped. He couldn't get his head up.
Last year, he could be seen in the streets with an ambulator.
Lately, he's been around in a wheel chair.
His eyes are not "normal". I'd say painkillers painkillers painkillers.

And there's a relatively new one.
He popped up 2-3 years ago.
A bald headed bloke with protruding eyes.
The first time I saw him, he asked for money. I obliged. He spoke a lot.
He wore lots of badges on his jacket.
I quickly grew ill at ease in his presence.
The guy has a home. Asks for money wherever you see him. Could ask for some while eating a sandwich. Could ask for with some audio device on his ears.
At that time, I had no job and couldn't stand him. The latter part hasn't changed.
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth