Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty American Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.08.2014, 08:57 AM   #321
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
JJ WATT rules all
Old 09.08.2014, 10:04 AM   #322
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses

Old 09.08.2014, 02:28 PM   #323
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Well ray rice we'll miss you and.celebrate his great.career.culminating in a superbowl win after the historic mile high miracle but now its time to.pay dues. Rice was always one of my fav Ravens but what he did is inexcusable. People are fooling themselves with self righteous claims of unforgivable but he must stand up and own up to his.mistake including the public shaming. Sadly that elevator.camera has probably filmed dozens of instances of.domestic.violence, but ray should have done known better. Rice has a history of community service, hopefully in a year o two when public anger cools he can become an advocate against domestic.violence, go speak at.high schools.and colleges so young men can hear and see his.testimony and wont do the same wrong. Young athletes would trust and listen to ray, Lord willing some good can come from this mess

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.08.2014, 03:24 PM   #324
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

he should stand there and let JJ Watt punch his face twice
Old 09.08.2014, 05:58 PM   #325
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
he should stand there and let JJ Watt punch his face twice

Well that may have been able to have happened the next time Baltimore faced Houston had Ray not been suspended indefinitely. In truth, firing somebody forever and aver Amen for a crime which the legal sentence in court is classes and probation seems a bit of an emotional exaggeration. If we arrested Ray Rice and sent him to prison for several years it may appease the self-righteous indignation of the masses, but then they'd have to yield their own cousins, brothers, uncles, neighbors, co-workers, or dads who also may have committed domestic violence in the past to similar conviction. The reality is that unless we're talking about a significant pattern of abuse, which in the case of Ray Rice we're not, then jail time doesn't resolve the issue in the slightest. Hence why the courts implement classes, counseling, and probation. The probation is the the teeth of that punishment, do it again, and then the punishment is worse. Indeed in some instances, a suspended sentence is issued which means mess up once in ANY way and break ANY kind of law and get the full sentence.

Anyway, Ray Rice made a mistake and will have to reap as he has sown BUT folks got to be careful in all their self-righteous indignation, they want to throw the book and the kitchen sink at Ray Rice to sound tough on crime at the water cooler at work BUT if it were their relative or friend, their solution might be a bit more nuanced

To be sure, I'm not apologizing, defending, or condoning Ray Rice, rather, once we concede guilt we must punish accordingly not emotionally, and the courts already made their verdict in the same way they do tens of thousands of times a year. I read one article which insinuated Rice had some kind of celebrity treatment in his sentencing, that person obviously isn't familiar with domestic violence laws and sentences.

Again, the one good thing that can come out of this is the attention and dialogue to the ISSUE ITSELF, not merely Rice as an individual offender. In California we have a relatively good system for DV, systematically abusive spouses tend to get theirs inevitably, indeed the police do not take kindly to these calls and handle their business. Officers in California are legally witnesses and can issue charges based on their own judgment, not victim testimony necessary. I know in other states is not like that, women are forced to testify or press charges or nothing happens. I hope and pray that the public outrage serves as a catalyst to at the least get the other 50 states to be on the California tip.

Two things in California will literally fuck up your shit with the courts, involving 52 classes at $50 a pop (miss even a SINGLE class and its Go Directly To Jail Do Not Collect $200) as well as either extended probation or suspended sentencing which ensures retributive punishment if the asshole abuses again. Those are domestic violence and DUI.. Heaven help somebody who gets a DUI and Domestic case in one

Old 09.08.2014, 06:21 PM   #326
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Old 09.08.2014, 08:51 PM   #327
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
TMZ is reporting tonight they will show proof tomorrow that the NFL fully knew what Rice did and they chose to turn a blind eye.

What frustrates me more is the NFL went above and beyond contacting NFL teams to gauge their interest of having Michael Sam placed one someones practice squad. IF the NFL doesn't bother themselves to do this for normal / regular players, why do so for one who is gay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
JJ WATT rules all

YES he does!

It was like he was always in the right place at the right time.

Loved how Romeo Cornell kept switching how the defense looked.

Holding Washington to six points was really something.
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.08.2014, 08:56 PM   #328
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
TMZ is reporting tonight they will show proof tomorrow that the NFL fully knew what Rice did and they chose to turn a blind eye.

What frustrates me more is the NFL went above and beyond contacting NFL teams to gauge their interest of having Michael Sam placed one someones practice squad. IF the NFL doesn't bother themselves to do this for normal / regular players, why do so for one who is gay?

TMZ is an evil organization and I can't wait until they die. They pretend to care, but they do shit like this simply for publicity. Duh, of course the NFL and the Ravens knew exactly what happened, shit, WE ALL knew what happened in that elevator.. All the faux surprise and self-righteous indignation is making me sick BUT Ray Rice reaps what he sows and us Ravens fans got to suck it up

Old 09.09.2014, 05:26 AM   #329
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses

Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.09.2014, 08:26 AM   #330
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

It only takes a few seconds or one bad decision to ruin your life. ray Rice is a coward little bitch who outweighs his wife by over 100 lbs, and can probably punch through cinderblocks. he could have straight up killed har. as it stands he gave her a severe enough concussion that she was knocked out, and then he cared so little that he dragged her out, and kicked at her with his shoe to see if she would wake up. fucking loser. Makes Thurston Moore look like Husband of the Year! (yeah! I said it!)
Old 09.09.2014, 11:58 AM   #331
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

I.agree with.chris.canty, everybody can be as mad at ray as they , but none of us should br eatching that video especially when janay rice has repeatedly insisted.to the media.to.stop airing it.. the media.can cry about pampered celebrities nude pics getting leaked meanwhile they exploit tje tragedy of.a.woman getting physically assaulted on.constant replay like it was a highlight play.. sad how self.seeking the media is

Old 09.09.2014, 01:08 PM   #332
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

news is news. does not matter if the VICTIM doesnt want it aired.

Why They Stayed
http://www.theatlantic.com/health/ar...stayed/379843/
Old 09.09.2014, 01:18 PM   #333
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

If it serves top shock people who think domestic abuse is not a brutal thing, all the better.

If it serves to remind some women of how their men treat tghem, which in many abuse victims is repressed and "fofgotte" so they can get on with life, then all the better.

If it disgusts men to see a grown ass ATHLETE col'-smack a tiny woman across the face with a closed fist and makes them that more aware of how they can inflict irreparable damage on a female, then all the better

air that damn video in every school, condemn it, explain to your kids how horrible it is, how painful it is to be knocked unconscious, how death is THIS close when your neck is snapped that violently...
Old 09.09.2014, 01:19 PM   #334
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

explain to your students that only a COWARD punches a woman, even if she has spit on him.
Old 09.09.2014, 01:21 PM   #335
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Dude, I get it, you're pissed, BUT THAT IS NO EXCUSE TO DISRESPECT THE VICTIM OF THE ABUSE SIMPLY TO SATISFY YOUR OWN SENSE OF PRIDE OR SELF-RIGHTEOUSNESS. Yes, of course I will talk to my students about this, BUT, I agree with Chris Canty, this is utterly disrespectful to Janay Rice to keep airing that video like it was a highlight reel. Indeed, shit, this morning on the AM news the anchor was reading Janay's tweet about how the media is ruining their lives by continually airing this video and what was that a segway into? AIRING THE FUCKING VIDEO.

I am not trying to hide what Ray Rice did, neither apologize for it, and he reaps whatever he sows, BUT when a person is the victim of a crime, airing the video over and over and over and over again isn't exactly helpful to that victim... In fact, in MOST CIRCUMSTANCES ITS AGAINST THE LAW AND HONESTLY I HOPE SHE SUES EVERYBODY.

I'm also sick of all these "why she stayed" so-called "think pieces" which go on and on about domestic violence victims as if Janay was a battered housewife who is beaten into submission weekly.. By every account this is a first-time incident, and while I don't condone or exonerate the crime itself, I completely understand why she stayed. One article I read said its to prove how tough she is or how loyal she is to Ray. Another insinuated she is brainwashed, a third suggested some kind of post-traumatic stress triggered by systemic abuse (to which there is of course ZERO evidence)..

The reality is quite simple and its a shame that it hasn't been mentioned even ONCE. Ray and Janay have a daughter together, an

d Janay clearly wanted to give her family one more chance, especially considering that Ray is going through court-appointed classes and therapy for the next year. People are even insinuating that Ray Rice's people forced her to marry him so she couldn't testify against him which is total horseshit. Ravens' Nation have known they were planning on getting married this year all along, and she stuck through with it rather than cancel their wedding which would have looked just as bad to her own family and friends.

Fuck the media about this. The only upside is that it significantly elevates this issue, so hopefully while everybody is having fun throwing stones at the Rice family maybe they'll be more cognizant of the incidents in THEIR OWN FAMILIES and why they want to be a bunch of tough guys about Ray maybe they will finally step up to the plate and confront the abuses in their own social circles

Old 09.09.2014, 01:24 PM   #336
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

truth
Old 09.09.2014, 01:27 PM   #337
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

I've heard "analysis" and "comments" from otherwise intelligent people who have blatantly insinuated wrong against Janay for staying, have implied she is stupid and helpless, and utterly disrespected her own intelligence or agency, which is IRONIC CONSIDERING THE ISSUE IS SUPPOSEDLY ABOUT PROTECTING JANAY RICE MEANWHILE ITS ABOUT DISCREDITING HER.

Old 09.09.2014, 01:30 PM   #338
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

What sadly is really happening in the media is not having anything do with Ray Rice or his wife Janay, its a bunch of people pontificating and having a holier than thou pissing contest about how much they hate domestic violence and how much they support the poor helpless victims of domestic violence so that everybody will think, "Oh how nice, they really care." Its a bunch of self-serving, self-seeking agendas to create a false-narrative and generate publicity. Further its blatantly pandering to women meanwhile and ironically its utter disrespecting and disregarding an actual woman.

Old 09.12.2014, 01:00 AM   #339
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

And the baltimore ravens just punched the entire country in the mouth but especially the Shitsburg Squeelers

Old 09.15.2014, 10:40 AM   #340
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

141516 17 18192027 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth