Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page >>the last movie you watched
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.18.2016, 04:41 PM   #19201
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
I prefer Jackie Brown over Pulp Fiction. Reservoir Dogs is annoying. at least last time I watched.
Yeah sometimes i feel that way about Jackie Brown too.. then i watch Pulp Fiction again and remember why its like the damned Casablanca of our era. Its priceless and perfect like severian mentioned.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.18.2016, 06:40 PM   #19202
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
oh fuck! yeah, I still love Pulp Fiction. just, Jackie Brown is summertime fun and more kicked back than Pulp. plus it's got THE soundtrack. I prefer it for other reasons too. it was that Quentin movie you couldn't wait to see.

I feel compelled to point out that it also almost killed his career. Critics were mixed about it, and audiences were like, "what the fuck is this shit?" because it's so completely and utterly different from Pulp Fiction.

I liked it from the get-go. One of Samuel Jackson's best performances, and it had fucking Robert DeNiro in it, making the Tarantino/Scorsese really come into focus. And yeah, the soundtrack was incredible.

But he experienced a huge comeback with Kill Bill, which might be the only reason Jackie Brown is viewed as a success, despite not living up to critical expectations.

Man I love Kill Bill. Been forever since I last saw it but I preferred it to even Pulp Fiction for a time.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.18.2016, 06:45 PM   #19203
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I'd like so see Tarantino do a Raging Bull style film. One main character, in a delicacies setting. It would be cool to see if he could pull off a non-ensemble piece. I'd also like to see Brad Pitt in more QT films, because he was the second best part of Inglorious Bastards.
Old 03.18.2016, 10:30 PM   #19204
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Samuel's character is so sleazy and old ghetto gangster, more than Pulp Fiction. I do remember loving this film even if I wasn't conscience of it. I do remember the critics say so but, I was too young to give a shit and viewed it over and over. no matter how times I've seen it I still can't remember the classic moments until I re-watch it. I like that!

the movie is a slow burner classic. Robert de Niro hitting the bong, getting some, getting shot and otherwise acting like a slow 'don't give a fuck' idiot, Pam Grier's charactor..... too many good moments.

and it's got "Strawberry Letter 23" and Johnny Cash doing "Tennessee Stud".

a six pack and yr poison of choice during a boring summer day movie.

Also has one of the best opening scene + music pairings since The Graduate. In a scene that is, oddly, a hell of a lot like the opening scene from The Graduate! I think that was intentional. Tarantino should have his own goddamn university for film studies. Like, the only one that doesn't suck and also isn't a weird scheme. I'd talk about someday going to that. Never would, but I'd talk about it.
Old 03.24.2016, 09:27 PM   #19205
pepper_green
Banned

pepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's asses
Vixen. been into the russ meyer films
pepper_green is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.01.2016, 11:06 AM   #19206
Diesel
the destroyed room

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses
Ok you big word long sentenced american politician cunts, . what is...the film....made by...Alison Gibney and ...Alex fucking Gibney called. Actu;;y nah man what i'm saying or trying to say is... is the movie The Magic Trip any good. fukin ell. If Mozza likes the character's in it then i will like it muh?! any non-americano's can reply as well cos' obviously there's nae racism ere' ...
Diesel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.04.2016, 04:08 PM   #19207
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses

Man, I dug this weird trippy thoughtful film...
Old 04.04.2016, 06:45 PM   #19208
pepper_green
Banned

pepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's asses
someone told me to watch Requiem for a Dream so I did. asleep then I heard ass to ass and the rest of the movie was forgotten or remembered. can you get those speed diet pills anywhere anymore? was that meth or was I watching a rehab made film?
Old 04.05.2016, 08:40 AM   #19209
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
requiem for a Dream is a movie I found to be so fucking overrated. so fucking boring. addicts troubles with heroin? boring.......
Old 04.05.2016, 09:49 AM   #19210
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
requiem for a Dream is a movie I found to be so fucking overrated. so fucking boring. addicts troubles with heroin? boring.......

Yeah, that movie's a piece of fucking shit. Darren Aronofsky is a capable director (I really loved Black Swan, but I'm never watching that shit again), but Requiem was shit. As drug movies go it ultimately failed at serving its purpose. It turned into a horror show, but not in a realistic way. Trainspotting is a hundred billion times better. I think I'd even take Spun over that nonsense.

Jared Leto is my least favorite actor in the world. I would pay good money for a chance to smash him in the face. If he fucks up the Joker (and he will), I'm going on a lifelong boycott of his stupid ass.
Old 04.05.2016, 09:50 AM   #19211
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:

Man, I dug this weird trippy thoughtful film...

Think the director's a good match for Annihilation?
Old 04.05.2016, 05:27 PM   #19212
pepper_green
Banned

Quote:

yeah, wasn't all that. didn't leave much of an imprint and wasn't shocking or disturbing. well maybe the diet moms part but even that was fucking stupid and overblown and Jennifer Connelly was hotter in Career Opportunities. sometimes in the mid-90's she lost all her baby fat.
Old 04.06.2016, 08:52 AM   #19213
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Think the director's a good match for Annihilation?

I think so, if the meditative quality of Ex Machina was partly due to the director's involvement.... if it was all in the script then who knows?
Old 04.06.2016, 10:27 AM   #19214
Severian
invito al cielo

Did you know that Darren Aronofsky almost directed a film adaptation of Batman: Year One, but Frank Miller couldn't get on board with the director's dark and ultraviolent vision of Batman? That's saying something.

He was also working on a Justice League script back in 2003 or something that didn't work out, leading to the eventual re-grouping around Nolan and Bale's Batman Begins. Thank god for that.
Old 04.06.2016, 11:46 AM   #19215
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
I personally would be open to a Batman movie that was a horror movie. Some would argue Batman Begins is probably the closest we'll get to that. A Batman movie that was in the vein of the movie "Seven" would be interesting if done well. I hate they have to keep these movies PG-13, even the animated movies don't go past that, they push it, but don't quite go to rated R territory. Perhaps they might for The Killing Joke animated movie.
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.06.2016, 11:00 PM   #19216
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeDistortion
I personally would be open to a Batman movie that was a horror movie. Some would argue Batman Begins is probably the closest we'll get to that. A Batman movie that was in the vein of the movie "Seven" would be interesting if done well. I hate they have to keep these movies PG-13, even the animated movies don't go past that, they push it, but don't quite go to rated R territory. Perhaps they might for The Killing Joke animated movie.

I don't think so. Why would you think an animated movie would be more likely to get this rating than a live action film?

Dark Knight was almost R rated. Good thing it wasn't, if you ask me.
Old 04.07.2016, 12:51 AM   #19217
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
The Killing Joke is not getting a theatrical release. I don't know if they still need to get some rating for something like that, but the animated Batman straight to DVD films have been a lot more risqué then any of the live action films, including Nolan's. What they could get away with simply by being an animated movie gives it freedom to have a darker tone, and even show blood, where as in a theatrical WB movie where the studio wants it to be PG-13 to ensure more bought tickets, they have to maintain a certain degree of modesty. The Dark Knight is a perfect example, where while they were minor cuts, there were still cuts made to tone down the degree of violence. Even with Suicide Squad, a degree of fans were hoping for a possible R rated movie. I find it hard to believe WB will let there be a theatrical R rated Suicide Squad (even though it currently seems to still be unrated).
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.07.2016, 08:24 AM   #19218
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

suicide squad is doing very expensive re-shoots according to media because studio wanted to add in jokes. I guess they made a self-serious, dark, brooding piece of shit like Supes VS Bats and got upset at the reaction to that shithole of a film.
Old 04.07.2016, 10:33 AM   #19219
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
suicide squad is doing very expensive re-shoots according to media because studio wanted to add in jokes. I guess they made a self-serious, dark, brooding piece of shit like Supes VS Bats and got upset at the reaction to that shithole of a film.

Jai Courtenay (Captain Boomerang) says that's not entirely the case, apparently. According to him, the purpose of the reshoots is not to add jokes but actually to expand on some action sequences. But who knows?

I don't know if anyone saw the FIRST trailer for Suicide Squad (the one before the one with "Bohemian Rhapsody" got everyone pumped), but that first preview was MUCH different. There was a bunch of solo choir-like "ahhhh-Ahhhhh-ahhhh-ahh-LLOOOOL" signing, and the overall "vibe" was extremely dark. In fact it made me think, "this is going to be R, no question, and it's going to be a massive mistake." I watched it alongside early BvS trailers and it gave an impression of being the more serious and more violent film by far.

They did some very intentional rebranding with that second trailer. They highlighted jokes, manipulated timing so things that didn't look like jokes in the first trailer came across as funny. And the use of "Bohemian Rhapspdy" has never in HE history of the universe made anything less awesome.

Now I expect they're worried because that second trailer got people excited, and it may not be representative of the film itself. So I'll bet they are adding some humor, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if they were adding more fun to action sequences by making them a little more enjoyable and a little less grim and destructive.

Personally, I am all for the dark shit. I liked BvS even though it was just the wrong film at the wrong time, and they were trying to use Batman to make Superman more interesting (or more profitable) instead of doing the noble thing and digging deeper into the character of Superman.

One of the reasons that Superman II is a fan favorite is because for so much of the movie, Supes isn't Supes. He's Clark Kent, powerless and pathetic. It gave it a very human touch, but it also kinda bound Superman to the ethereal for all eternity, when the Superman in the comics is MUCH more like what you see in Man of Steel (which, I maintain, is not only a good movie but a great one).

Again, I liked BvS, and I'll be watching it again when the bluray comes out, but it was just a bad decision overall. Not giving Superman, the most long-standing and important character in comic history, his own goddamn sequel was an insane and obviously panic driven move on DC/Warner's part.

I don't see how they thought they could win here. I mean, we're not even 4 years out from The Dark Knight Rises, which regardless of your opinion, was the closing chapter to the absolute most beloved (by both fans and critics) comic adaptation of all time. People still think of Christian Bale and Chris Nolan and Heath Ledger and the rest of that incredible cast when they think of Batman, so throwing a new take on the character at audiences so soon after such an undeniable and consistent string of major global success stories is just DUMB. People were still holding out hope that a 4th Dark Knight film would come around, even AFTER THE NEWS THAT AFFLECK WAS PLAYING BATMAN WAS RELRASED.

So the film not only risked alienating Batman fans, Superman fans, and movie goers in general, but it totally muddied the waters for what was and wasn't DCEU canon! I just don't get it.

But again, it was a blast. Nowhere near as bad as anyone says. There wasn't anythjng offensive about it, and it held my attention, and I was the most skeptical person about this film, from day one. I even briefly made a goddamn website committed to condemning it, and trying to get people to petition the studio to call it the fuck off.

I have no idea what's coming next, but I think all this Justice League crap should be thrown away. We comic book fans would rather see individual heroes done very well than all the heroes done poorly together. I think I speak for everyone when I say that.

The focus should be on Flash, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, and Superman.
Old 04.07.2016, 07:42 PM   #19220
pepper_green
Banned

^^that's a mouth full. do any of you people have anything interesting to say besides comic book movie heroes. like something more important in life?

life well spent I guess.

861911951958959960 961 96296396497110111061 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth