Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.22.2013, 03:24 PM   #2381
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
It drives me mad when they do that on the Championship highlights show. Although, speaking of pricks, Steve Claridge manages to make that show unwatchable anyway. We live in times of shit punditry.

Some good stuff from Gary Neville last night, again. They should give him his own show. He gets VERY apologetic when criticising Man U players "Im not just sitting here in me ivory tower, ive been there" but he's clearly taken a few hours to prepare his analysis rather than a few minutes.

and now for the good news, Colin Murray is no longer hosting Match of the Day 2!!! YEEEEEES!!! (Sorry for linking to The Sun...)

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.22.2013, 03:25 PM   #2382
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
I don't think he's that bad!

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.22.2013, 03:30 PM   #2383
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
The fucker's just EVERYWHERE. Clearly a sincere fan, but id prefer to have Gaby Logan or James Richardson (i dreamed a dream...).

Mark "Chappers" Chapman isnt much better, he's just as prone to talking like a radio DJ - Its the same reason Jonathan Pearce was an awesome commentator for Capital FM when i was growing up but when you introduce pictures he becomes too intrusive.

there doesnt appear to be any honour in being a radio commentator any more, they all want to be on TV. Five Live has 3 or 4 absolutely fantastic commentators.

Old 01.22.2013, 03:58 PM   #2384
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

1 -1 didnt see that coming. Bullet Header, he was far too strong for the defender

Old 01.22.2013, 04:31 PM   #2385
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Thank fuck the BBC have seen sense and given Colin Murray the boot. Even his radio stuff is unlistenable. They need to go further though, and get rid of Shearer at MotD, as well as showing the door to Robbie Savage on 606.

I must be the only person who really doesn't like James Richardson. He was great in the 80s on that Football Italia programme but since then I've started to find him insufferably smug. It must be me though, cos everyone I know seems to think he's great.

And yeah, the BBC should break the bank and poach Gary Neville from Sky. Best pundit by a long way.

ITV needs a major shake up, too. How Andy Townsend is still allowed to commentate is a total mystery to me. Is he even capable of saying a sentence without mentioning a player's "engine"? Useless cunt.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.22.2013, 04:47 PM   #2386
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by the ikara cult
imagine if Stilyan Petrov joined them at Wembley to lift the cup? That'd be REAL pathos and emotion in sport, unlike some people

Hear Hear
Old 01.22.2013, 04:48 PM   #2387
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

Quote:
Thank fuck the BBC have seen sense and given Colin Murray the boot. Even his radio stuff is unlistenable. They need to go further though, and get rid of Shearer at MotD, as well as showing the door to Robbie Savage on 606.

I must be the only person who really doesn't like James Richardson. He was great in the 80s on that Football Italia programme but since then I've started to find him insufferably smug. It must be me though, cos everyone I know seems to think he's great.

And yeah, the BBC should break the bank and poach Gary Neville from Sky. Best pundit by a long way.

ITV needs a major shake up, too. How Andy Townsend is still allowed to commentate is a total mystery to me. Is he even capable of saying a sentence without mentioning a player's "engine"? Useless cunt.

Do you listen to the Guardian's football weekly podcast? Richardson's great on that, gives everyone else ample time to speak and chimes in when a subject he knows alot about (i.e. Serie A) comes up.

Savage on Five Live is dreadful, the worst of the worst. He never discusses tactics because he doesnt understand them, he uses the "Ive been a player so i know" arguement whenever someone disagrees with him (see this weeks 606) and he loves the sound of his own voice. He's the absolute bottom of the barrel.

Old 01.22.2013, 05:21 PM   #2388
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by the ikara cult
Do you listen to the Guardian's football weekly podcast? Richardson's great on that, gives everyone else ample time to speak and chimes in when a subject he knows alot about (i.e. Serie A) comes up.

Savage on Five Live is dreadful, the worst of the worst. He never discusses tactics because he doesnt understand them, he uses the "Ive been a player so i know" arguement whenever someone disagrees with him (see this weeks 606) and he loves the sound of his own voice. He's the absolute bottom of the barrel.

To be honest, it's that podcast that I'm basing my dislike of him on. I just find him so smug. The only bit of that podcast I really like is when Sid Lowe comes on. The rest of it just seems to be Richardson trying to appear as uninterested as possible. Like I say, maybe it's just me. There's certainly no doubting he knows his stuff and he's a million times less annoying than that Gab Marcotti on the Times podcast. The only podcast I really like these days is The Football Ramble.
Old 01.23.2013, 04:13 PM   #2389
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Would I be jumping the gun in saying that West Ham aren't gonna come back to win this now?

Sullivan's face in my avatar about sums it up.
Old 01.25.2013, 02:32 PM   #2390
demonrail666
invito al cielo

So UEFA have now officially decided to fuck up the best tournament in football.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...continent-uefa
Old 01.26.2013, 03:16 AM   #2391
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
Just a little Hazard-Ballboy spinoff...

http://www.mousebreaker.com/games/do...llboy/playgame
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.26.2013, 08:15 AM   #2392
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
So UEFA have now officially decided to fuck up the best tournament in football.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...continent-uefa

I know they were talking about it but didn't think they'd actually go through with it.

My one word opinion-silly.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.26.2013, 01:29 PM   #2393
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
oh, i saw that hazard footage now, that fucking ballboy deserved more than just one kick. the shit some people do to get their 15 minutes!

---

speaking of fuck ups, and the uefa, what do you guys think of this?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle7866445/

in theory, i agree, in practice, i don't know enough
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.26.2013, 02:18 PM   #2394
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses

Don't be hating on the Black Lions, we ain't been deep in the Africas Cup for 30 years, but don't trip, we got this

Quote:
The Black Lions of Ethiopia despite over 30 years of oblivion from the continental scene were strong enough to bring down the defending champions, the Copper Bullets (Chippolopolo) of Zambia, to a 1-1 tie.
As expected the Zambians circulated the ball pretty well during the first half culminated by an opener at the 45’ by Orlando Pirate’s, Collins Mbesuma.
The wounded lions roared back at 65’ with a goal from Adane Girma. The lions then succeeded in managing the tempo of game till the end.
This unexpected draw comes to bring the number of ties in the tourney to four out of five game played so far.

Zambia won last Orange Africa Cup of Nations, last year. But their coach, Hervé Renard, is wary of Ethiopia‘s threat. Will this encounter prove him right? His rival Seyoum Kebede announces: “We are returning to the glory days.
Ethiopia will be welcomed back to the Orange Africa Cup of Nations fold over three decades since they fail to qualify with a tough fixture against defending Champions Zambia.
The Walya Antelopes who had totally been out of the picture and written off on all fronts sprang a surprise even to their own disbelief by securing a ticket for the 2013 Orange Africa Cup of Nations- at the expense of Sudan.
The East Africans boast of a team composed of home-based players from Dedebit, Defence and Saint George with only star man Said Saladin playing professional football in Egypt.
Their quarter final exit at the regional Cecafa tournament is not a result to judge them by given that they went into the competition with a second string team.
Their build up to the competition has been very promising, holding Tunisia to a 1-1 draw and defeating Tanzania 2-1.
Their performances have not gone unnoticed by Zambian head coach Herve Renard who recently voiced his admiration for the team.
The French man will be looking to keep the Afcon crown on their head beyond 2013 when they take to the pitch for their first game against the Ethiopians.
Renard has maintained most of the players that won the crown last year in Gabon and Equatorial Guinea- and maybe the habits- and why not his trade mark white shirts.
Zambia’s record in the warm up games has been dreadful but that will count for nothing when the Copper bullets are unleashed on the pitch to start firing down victims en route to their goal.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.26.2013, 03:14 PM   #2395
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
oh, i saw that hazard footage now, that fucking ballboy deserved more than just one kick. the shit some people do to get their 15 minutes![/quoyr]

You're right but as we're talking about a Chelsea player, I want nothing but the guillotine

---

speaking of fuck ups, and the uefa, what do you guys think of this?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle7866445/

in theory, i agree, in practice, i don't know enough

I tend to agree with you. My instinct is that it should be scrapped but I've heard strong arguments both for and against.
Old 01.26.2013, 03:22 PM   #2396
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
@ suchfriends - i haven't been following the african cup. when is the final? i might try to catch that if it's not over yet.

@ demonrail - i thought you liked hazard! if i'm not mistaken, you had recommended that i try to watch him play. but yes, he's the oligarch's cattle and hence your enemy, right?
Old 01.26.2013, 03:59 PM   #2397
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
@ suchfriends - i haven't been following the african cup. when is the final? i might try to catch that if it's not over yet.

@ demonrail - i thought you liked hazard! if i'm not mistaken, you had recommended that i try to watch him play. but yes, he's the oligarch's cattle and hence your enemy, right?

I think the Final February 10. Unfortunately last night Ethiopia got tossed up by Burkina Faso. So its a MUST WIN against Nigeria and even then, we need Zambia to lose or draw. Either way we're just happy to be here with a young, under-experienced squad and we will be rising in African football soon come

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.26.2013, 04:21 PM   #2398
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:

In all seriousness I do, a lot.
Old 01.26.2013, 05:26 PM   #2399
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

@ suchfriends-- oh it's in the group phase! okay. the best ethiopian player i've seen in recent times actually plays for the czech republic, ha ha (well some dude w/ a very ethiopian name).

anyway hm i should sniff around this tournament, they have it up on espn3...
Old 01.26.2013, 07:28 PM   #2400
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I think the Final February 10. Unfortunately last night Ethiopia got tossed up by Burkina Faso. So its a MUST WIN against Nigeria and even then, we need Zambia to lose or draw. Either way we're just happy to be here with a young, under-experienced squad and we will be rising in African football soon come

Burkina Faso are freakin awesome! Where the fuck did they come from? I didn't even know there was a country called Burkina Faso. I think Ethiopia can beat Nigeria even though they won't be favourites and Zambia, while better than their position maybe suggests, will struggle against Burkina. Of the countries still trying to qualify, I'm most hoping it's Ethiopia, for the tournament overall, though, I really want the Ivory Coast to win it. But I have to say I'm loving Burkina Faso, wherever the fuck it is.

El Symbols, if you can, watch either Ethiopa's or Zambia's games on Tuesday. Guaranteed epics, I think.
70110117118119 120 121122123130170220620 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth