Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page magik markers/lambsbread u s tour
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.09.2006, 12:08 PM   #1
coolchip
empty page

coolchip kicks all y'all's assescoolchip kicks all y'all's assescoolchip kicks all y'all's assescoolchip kicks all y'all's assescoolchip kicks all y'all's assescoolchip kicks all y'all's assescoolchip kicks all y'all's assescoolchip kicks all y'all's assescoolchip kicks all y'all's assescoolchip kicks all y'all's assescoolchip kicks all y'all's asses
magik markers will tour amerika with lambsbread starting next week:

Magik Markers

All shows w/ Lambsbread
* w/ Young People and Country Teasers

6-16 - Brooklyn, NY - Syrup Room *
6-17 - New York, NY - Tonic
6-18 - Philadelphia, PA - TBA
6 -19 - Columbus, OH - Skylab Gallery
6-20 - Cleveland, OH - The Church
6-21 - Chicago, IL - Empty Bottle
6-22 - Iowa City, IA - Hall Mall
6-23 - Minneapolis, MN - TBA
6-24 - Minneapolis, MN - TBA
6-25 - Minneapolis, MN - TBA
6-26 - St. Louis, MO - Spooky Action Palace
6-27 - Kansas City, MO - Record Bar
6-28 - Oklahoma City, OK - TBA
6-29 - Denton, TX - Rubber Gloves
6-30 - Houston, TX - Proletariat
7-1 - San Antonio, TX - The Lounge
7-2 - Austin, TX - Emo’s
7-5 - Los Angeles, CA - The Smell
7-6 - San Francisco, CA - Hemlock Tavern
7-7 - Eureka, CA - Synapsis
7-8 - Portland, OR - Towne Lounge
7-9 - Seattle, WA - Gallery 1412

coolchip is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.09.2006, 08:09 PM   #2
Onani Nic
the end of the ugly

Onani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's asses
Who are Lambsbread and Country Teasers. Aren't young people like an indie pop band? If so that would be one messed up show.
Old 06.10.2006, 08:21 PM   #3
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Bands with no talent whoo!

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.10.2006, 08:23 PM   #4
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Three shows in Minneapolis? That's enough time for me to harass them and such.

Terrible bands.
Old 06.10.2006, 11:26 PM   #5
RIPfrey05
the end of the ugly

RIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard sucka
ill tell you all a story about elisa ambrogio.
One day, i was riding my bike down the street (rivermont yo) and this person in a gigantic caddy escalade comes up behind me and starts fucking laying on the horn. I swerve onto the sidewalk and stop and give the mofo the finger. This huge ass escalade fucking screeches to a hault straight up in the middle of traffic and pulls onto the sidewalk in front of me. I'm like WTF and pretty scared and stuff. So out of the car comes fucking elisa ambrogio and leah and pete and they are all wearing baseball uniforms!!! ELisa starts screaaming and going nuts and coming at me with the fucking bat she is holding. Im like wtf and i throw my bike down in front of her and take off. SHe crashes into it and falls on her face. She gets up and screams "i trust that you trust my baseball bat, ect!!!" aznd starts chasing me down the road. Then i see Savage clone coming down the road in his 64 impala and hes got this retarded ass look on his face, he swerves off the road and smashes elisa up against a brick wall . /He fucked up driving cause HAyden was giving him a BJ. And elisa is screaming stuff about making fun of her cat and stuff and her band is likie "???" and im like "ddeeeaaammm" and the two "deans of cristics" are like "moan" .. then a plane craashes in the street cause theres huskers on the plane and snakes on the plane fuckin shit up.
http://www.myspace.com/thefloridaorangebirds
MY FUCKING BAND
RIPfrey05 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.10.2006, 11:40 PM   #6
drrrtyboots
invito al cielo

drrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPfrey05
One day, i was riding my bike down the street (rivermont yo) and this person in a gigantic caddy escalade comes up behind me and starts fucking laying on the horn. I swerve onto the sidewalk and stop and give the mofo the finger. This huge ass escalade fucking screeches to a hault straight up in the middle of traffic and pulls onto the sidewalk in front of me. I'm like WTF and pretty scared and stuff. So out of the car comes fucking elisa ambrogio and leah and pete and they are all wearing baseball uniforms!!! ELisa starts screaaming and going nuts and coming at me with the fucking bat she is holding. Im like wtf and i throw my bike down in front of her and take off. SHe crashes into it and falls on her face. She gets up and screams "i trust that you trust my baseball bat, ect!!!" aznd starts chasing me down the road. Then i see Savage clone coming down the road in his 64 impala and hes got this retarded ass look on his face, he swerves off the road and smashes elisa up against a brick wall . /He fucked up driving cause HAyden was giving him a BJ. And elisa is screaming stuff about making fun of her cat and stuff and her band is likie "???" and im like "ddeeeaaammm" and the two "deans of cristics" are like "moan" .. then a plane craashes in the street cause theres huskers on the plane and snakes on the plane fuckin shit up.
I believe it. At least, I believe Elisa Ambrogio would do and say all that

drrrtyboots is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.11.2006, 01:23 AM   #7
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
That was probably the greatest day of my life.
I have had some good times in that car.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.11.2006, 09:12 AM   #8
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPfrey05

HAHAHAHA. You are fucking weird.
Old 06.11.2006, 09:12 AM   #9
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn@ke

dude, I'm not even comment that one

yeah, that was a comment, the "...

"
, not the "dude, I'm not even comment that one"

yeah, that was a comment, the "yeah, that was a comment, the "...

"
", not the "not the "dude, I'm not even comment that one""

yeah , that was a comment, the "

" ", not the not the "not the "dude, I'm not even comment that one""

yeah, that was a comment, the "
yeah , that was a comment, the "

", not the " not the not the "not the "dude, I'm not even comment that one"" "

etc...

idiot.
Old 06.11.2006, 09:34 AM   #10
RIPfrey05
the end of the ugly

RIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard sucka
WTF, mate???
MY FUCKING BAND
Old 06.11.2006, 01:56 PM   #11
RIPfrey05
the end of the ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn@ke

you look like jefferey
MY FUCKING BAND
Old 06.11.2006, 02:25 PM   #12
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
magik markers is one of the best bands i have ever seen.
jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.11.2006, 04:54 PM   #13
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
magik markers are shit.

Old 06.11.2006, 04:57 PM   #14
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
magik markers are shit.

How can you say that? So little talent, terrible vocals, and no rythm should make a wonderful combination.
Old 06.11.2006, 05:06 PM   #15
createsounds
little trouble girl

createsounds has tongues queuing up for a rim-festcreatesounds has tongues queuing up for a rim-festcreatesounds has tongues queuing up for a rim-fest
ive seen Lambsbread before at the spooky action palace..... which actually is just a basement ... but still cool ... anyways lambsbread is like a wannabe hair police with a chick in the band .... so there not very cool cuz you could just see the real deal and see hair police
createsounds is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.11.2006, 05:16 PM   #16
Phlegmscope
expwy. to yr skull

Phlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's asses
Is that Inverted Belgium LP worth buying?
Phlegmscope is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.11.2006, 05:29 PM   #17
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Let's not forget the shitty kid's practice amp distortion run through the PA.

Old 06.11.2006, 05:30 PM   #18
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

Of course! How could I have left that out?

The most important thing is the deep lyrics.
Old 06.11.2006, 06:13 PM   #19
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
i'm hoping lambsbread get really popular so i can't make money off the CDR and tape of theirs that i bought.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2006, 10:39 AM   #20
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
does anybody other than sonic youth fans know who magik markers are?

they are not even bad or worse, they are just mediocre, they are right in the middle, they don't try at all and they get an army sy hardcore fans to drool over their dumb schtick. they are ok to listen to now and again, but you can just throw stuff down the stairs and that would make a more interesting and experimental sound. i mean, throwing a chair from a one floor stair case is like a fucking king crimson album compared to the magik markers.

but my favorite magik markers thing is that video on ecstatic peace where they play with j mascis on drums; j is trying to improvise some rhythms or at least some uniform chaos and the markers are all just minding their own business. it was like a musician trying to jam with the homeless people banging on drums for spare change.

i find it hilarious that the few people on the internet who like them compare them to mars or dna.

i also find it hilarious that jon boy likes the magik markers while spewing hate and calling i'm being good "unoriginal".
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth