Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Amsterdam
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.16.2010, 05:45 PM   #21
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
I thought you had to be a Dutchie now to go in the coffee shops - they banned foreigners cuz they were causing too much traffic from Germany.

Dutch people are generally known to vote for stupid idiots, but no law like this has been passed. I've seen the idea being mentioned though, probably another silly thing the Christian-Democrats came up with.... smoking in bars (and even in coffeeshops), magic mushrooms, legal drinking age... they really enjoy banning and restricting things, it's how they roll.

This "idea" wasn't for Amsterdam coffeeshops though but for the ones in smaller towns near the Belgian and German border. In those towns, Belgian, French and German drug tourists do cause a lot of nuisance for the local population.

Can't help you much on Amsterdam coffeeshops either I'm affraid, although in the centre of Amsterdam you'll probably pay too much everywhere anyway.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2010, 06:14 PM   #22
akprodr
the end of the ugly

akprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by radarmaker
or my personal favourite, Amnesia,

I'm surprised you remember or else, they're not living up to their name
Old 06.22.2010, 07:04 AM   #23
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
No way, the other way round is much better.

Do something "fun" during the day and make sure they start drinking in the late afternoon. Once they're wasted in the evening it doesn't really matter that much anymore where you end up, it should be fun regardless.
Old 06.22.2010, 08:04 AM   #24
loubarret
expwy. to yr skull

loubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's asses
For musicvenues:

De Nieuwe anita has great kind of hipster gigs at times(ariel pink played there just a couple of days ago), but they got the weirdest planning of concerts ever.

http://www.denieuweanita.nl/

Zaal 100 is quite fine also but a bit on and off with bands. And it's closed in July and August.
http://www.zaal100.nl/

The OCCI is a heaven for the people on this site at times even it's quite out of centre. And also it's full of hipsters most of the time and they seem a bit out of season now(because their going to renovate it)

http://www.occii.org/

For food I highly recommend Dutch pancakes which seem as far as I can see quite different from the American ones(fatter and way heavier on the stumic). Also frikandellen and kroketten are highly recommend as said before but their also a lot of places that serve vegan food in Amsterdam.

And for nightclubs I have no clue, I am just 18 for a couple of months....and haven't been in that time to Amsterdam.

Not the biggest winston or paradiso fan but yeah, most bands(the more mainstream ones mostly or leading bands in a genre, but also the clean were playing there 2 months ago) play paradiso and mostly some other club dates around the Netherlands.

That's how far I can help you.
loubarret is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.22.2010, 08:47 AM   #25
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

OCCII is always closed from mid-July to mid-August, not to mention it's waaaaay too obscure for 15 British blokes on a stag weekend. Zaal 100 is way too obscure as well, as is OT301, Bimhuis, Trouw, SMART Project Space, etc... I would've mentioned those if T&B had been visiting Amsterdam by himself. I know a lot more about those kind of places than I do about mainstream/indie clubs (which is practically nothing).

But yeah, if you want to have your friends eat biological seaweed followed by watching a poetry night, then make sure not to miss out on Zaal 100.

I've never been to de Nieuwe Anita, but they usually book the kind of bands I can't stand.
Old 06.22.2010, 10:12 AM   #26
loubarret
expwy. to yr skull

loubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
OCCII is always closed from mid-July to mid-August, not to mention it's waaaaay too obscure for 15 British blokes on a stag weekend. Zaal 100 is way too obscure as well, as is OT301, Bimhuis, Trouw, SMART Project Space, etc... I would've mentioned those if T&B had been visiting Amsterdam by himself. I know a lot more about those kind of places than I do about mainstream/indie clubs (which is practically nothing).

But yeah, if you want to have your friends eat biological seaweed followed by watching a poetry night, then make sure not to miss out on Zaal 100.

I've never been to de Nieuwe Anita, but they usually book the kind of bands I can't stand.
Yeah well, I just named up some of the things I went to. Well most of the time Anita ain't my taste also but yeah, if you want to go with 15 people to a musicvenue your best bet is Paradiso.

Zaal 100 best thing so far this year is I guess the ducktails concert they planned end this year...
loubarret is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.22.2010, 12:29 PM   #27
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
thanks dude
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth