Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page impassioned songs..
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.15.2009, 12:22 PM   #1
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Everclear "Queen of the Air"

a song about recurring but repressed memories of witnessing your mother's suicide are not often simple..

KoRn "Daddy"

yeah, if you have to chant an apology to your mother at the beginning, well, it might be a serious song coming up.

Nirvana "You Know Your Right"

its like a more sarcastic version of the idea that mean people suck.

Black Sabbath "Changes"

Yeah, ozzy, we could tell..

Robert Hunter/Jerry Garcia "Stella Blue"

Well, while bob wrote this tune, jerry made it ours, and it is a ballad if I ever heard one..

Jimi Hendrix "Machine Gun"

fucking war-mongers, jimi was the first superstar to tell war to fuck off and mean it

Deftones "Head Up"

When you break a mirror on your face in the studio during the bridge in a possessed moment of self-flagellation, I think the song has taken a dark turn..

there are many many more but these are on my mind this morning.. any other extremely impassioned tunes come to mind?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.15.2009, 12:39 PM   #2
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Bob marley and The Wailers - ZIMBABWE

a call to arms to stand alongside the oppressed and to trounce the evil in our midst
Old 01.15.2009, 01:47 PM   #3
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses

Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.15.2009, 02:38 PM   #4
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Less a song than a manifesto

demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.15.2009, 02:44 PM   #5
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
all excellent choices danny himself.

The Wipers-Over the Edge
The Stones-Moonlight Mile
Beefheart-Dachau Blues
any number of sun city girls tunes made from 89-96
all the best hardcore anthems
the first track off Borbetomagus "Snuff Jazz", kinda random but im listening to it now and it was a blazing performance
Sonic Youth when they do 'Expressway.." live
The Stooges-LA Blues
The Velvets-Sister Ray
Blue Oyster Cult-Transmaniacon MC
Albert Ayler-Holy Ghost
Trane-Ascension
Hendrix-Who Knows?
James Brown-Sing it Loud (Im Black and im Proud)

all highly impassioned songs me thinks
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.15.2009, 02:45 PM   #6
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
"Daddy" by KoRn actually might be the most disturbing song ever. The whole thing is about how he was molested and there's about 5 minutes of Jon Davis crying at the end.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.15.2009, 06:48 PM   #7
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Bob marley and The Wailers - ZIMBABWE

a call to arms to stand alongside the oppressed and to trounce the evil in our midst
that song was a prophecy, have you seen the footage of the Zimbabwe Independence Day concert? The power of music is miraculous sometimes.

Natural Mystic in independent Zimbabwe 1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
"Daddy" by KoRn actually might be the most disturbing song ever. The whole thing is about how he was molested and there's about 5 minutes of Jon Davis crying at the end.

I agree, so much so that I have only listened to it once or twice myself, and I was really into koRn back in 1997. however, it is definitely a song possessed with passion and serious intention, that is not some novelty song for them

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.16.2009, 01:27 PM   #8
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
wo homeslice from Korn got Korn-holed?

(bad joke. sorry)
Old 01.16.2009, 02:52 PM   #9
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
It's ok; no joke at the expense of any member of KoRn is to be considered of bad taste.
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.16.2009, 05:57 PM   #10
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Yeah uhh I don't ever want to listen to that song again hah. That first KoRn album rules though... and Life Is Peachy!
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.16.2009, 06:27 PM   #11
al shabbray

yes I enjoyed those two albums a lot in my teen days
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth