Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Yr Musical Relationship with Yr Parents?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.15.2009, 08:35 AM   #61
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaaadrpk
I have this fear too.
now I remember Mother (pink floyd) very emotional song. Beautiful and pretty quite.
yep, moms are the best (in my opinium too)
save the moms \o/

Wish you were here..........I sing this song for my mom when I think of her....I get tears everytime I hear it

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.15.2009, 08:37 AM   #62
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicka
Mom dug stuff like Dean Martin, Tom Jones and Fank Sinatra. Dad more of a country western which explains why he dug the Eagles when he saw them on the boob-tube.

It's more of the relationship between me and my kids (ages 24, 22 and 17). The oldest two like some of the classic rock I turned them on to. They love all the punk
and Alt rock I turned them onto. I gave them SY, Pixies
Rage, Concrete Blonde and some others. They turned me onto Biggy, Wu Tang, Motorcycle Gang, My Bloody Valentine, Block Party, moby...

Basically I can get into my kid's car or they can get into mine and neither of us wants to change the music....

Also I gave to them College Radio as oppose to the shit that is fm/am radio.

That is awesome. I hope my kids will be like that with me when they get older.

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.15.2009, 08:50 AM   #63
terriblecanyons
invito al cielo

Location: the land where large fuzzy dice still hang proudly like testicles from rear-view mirrors
terriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's asses
My mom enjoys post-rock (yeah, wtf) and a lot of the indie bands I listen to. My dad says he likes what I listen to, but I guess that's why he listens to classic rock 10 hours out of the day.
terriblecanyons is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.15.2009, 06:24 PM   #64
Aaaadrpk
bad moon rising

Aaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SONIC GAIL
My momma died when I was 18. It sucked ass. Ovarian cancer. I'm convinced I will die of the same disease. She died when she was 42 so I have 11 years left. The worst part of it was watching her die. Knowing that it was coming to take her any minute and waiting. She was in terrible pain so when she died it was kind of a relief which brought me terrible guilt over the years. Anyway..it sucks.

Is a fuckin shit. I don't lost my mother but another familiar person that important like her, in a similar situation and desase, but I have faith to belive that I don't lost, because I belive very much, more than another thing, on the Soul. Soul never dies. Never.

Aaaadrpk is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.15.2009, 06:27 PM   #65
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by 東京親父ギャグ研究所
My momma's alive and well, but this song gets me hard every time.

It was meant to make you sad and contemplative, not give you an erection
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.15.2009, 09:22 PM   #66
Satan
invito al cielo

Satan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's asses
i like to air guitar to thin lizzy and ac/dc with my dad
Old 09.16.2009, 02:17 AM   #67
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
moms are the best.

im a momma's boy, for sure. there really is some strange internal connection...like, if i hurt she knows it, even though shes hundreds of miles away. she knows cause she'll hurt too. and if im happy...she is. such a strange thing.

one of my biggest fears is having to (maybe) one day deal w/ the death of my mother. ill go fuckin' crazy.

There's a good Newfoundland folk ballad about only having one mother and treating her well. That would also be one of the few similarities I have with my mom, along with some other folk artists.

I don't really have any music compatibility with my stepdad. One time back when I was living with the parents, he walked into my room and I was listening to Sunn0))) and we got into the "What is/isn't music argument". His claim was that one can't dance to Sunn0))), therefore it isn't music. The argument in itself demonstrates the void between his taste and mine.
Inhuman is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.16.2009, 02:20 AM   #68
terriblecanyons
invito al cielo

Location: the land where large fuzzy dice still hang proudly like testicles from rear-view mirrors
terriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's asses
Haha, that reminds me of one time where my dad claimed he's heard every single genre of music, ever.
terriblecanyons is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.16.2009, 02:24 AM   #69
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by terriblecanyons
Haha, that reminds me of one time where my dad claimed he's heard every single genre of music, ever.

haha, I know somebody that was seriously trying to convince me that he heard every song. I just walked away.
Inhuman is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.16.2009, 05:53 AM   #70
東京親父ギャグ研究所
little trouble girl

東京親父ギャグ研究所 kicks all y'all's asses東京親父ギャグ研究所 kicks all y'all's asses東京親父ギャグ研究所 kicks all y'all's asses東京親父ギャグ研究所 kicks all y'all's asses東京親父ギャグ研究所 kicks all y'all's asses東京親父ギャグ研究所 kicks all y'all's asses東京親父ギャグ研究所 kicks all y'all's asses東京親父ギャグ研究所 kicks all y'all's asses東京親父ギャグ研究所 kicks all y'all's asses東京親父ギャグ研究所 kicks all y'all's asses東京親父ギャグ研究所 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
It was meant to make you sad and contemplative, not give you an erection

Everyone responds to sadness in their own way.
東京親父ギャグ研究所 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.16.2009, 05:55 AM   #71
東京親父ギャグ研究所
little trouble girl

東京親父ギャグ研究所 kicks all y'all's asses東京親父ギャグ研究所 kicks all y'all's asses東京親父ギャグ研究所 kicks all y'all's asses東京親父ギャグ研究所 kicks all y'all's asses東京親父ギャグ研究所 kicks all y'all's asses東京親父ギャグ研究所 kicks all y'all's asses東京親父ギャグ研究所 kicks all y'all's asses東京親父ギャグ研究所 kicks all y'all's asses東京親父ギャグ研究所 kicks all y'all's asses東京親父ギャグ研究所 kicks all y'all's asses東京親父ギャグ研究所 kicks all y'all's asses
That really was worded poorly, wasn't it? I think the expression I was looking for was 'hits me hard'.
東京親父ギャグ研究所 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.16.2009, 06:23 AM   #72
Katy
the destroyed room

Katy kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's asses
My mum's a folk singer, she got me my first guitar and arranged my first music lessons and helped pay for me to go to guitar school.. my dad was a roadie/security guy for the Who and Pink Floyd in the 60's. He met Jimi Hendrix. He has some good stories and some good vinyl.

they both sort of get it. Not exactly though. Neither of them understand the appeal of Sonic Youth or The Stooges or noise.
Katy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth