Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Shooting at Virginia Tech campus
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.18.2007, 11:49 AM   #301
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I think they should have psychiatric assesments of students like this idiot, and that since you are enrolled, the school has to keep other students safe you know?
but there is nothing one can do treally.
many of these nutjobs are smart enough to actively fool psychiatrists and counselors. I've seen it done.
Old 04.18.2007, 11:51 AM   #302
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Kurt Vonnegut blamed many of modern society's ills on the fact that the current society destroys extended families, and breeds a apranoia and fear that keeps indivudual fammilies from getting to know their neighbors or those they go to school with or those they work with as well as they should. he exhorted the young to create your own extended families, and to care for reach other, to allow peopl to feel like they belong, instead of a constant terror of being an outcast.

I love my sonic youth forum family!
Old 04.18.2007, 11:59 AM   #303
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Kurt Vonnegut blamed many of modern society's ills on the fact that the current society destroys extended families, and breeds a apranoia and fear that keeps indivudual fammilies from getting to know their neighbors or those they go to school with or those they work with as well as they should. he exhorted the young to create your own extended families, and to care for reach other, to allow peopl to feel like they belong, instead of a constant terror of being an outcast.

I love my sonic youth forum family!

it's true man, coming to the u.s. from a latin american country i was suprised to see all kinds of alienated people living in basements with no social contact whatsoever.

back home everybody knows your business and this might be a good thing or a bad one, i don't know.

did you know by the way that over 50% of mexican immigrants suffer mental health problems when coming to the u.s.? most eventually recover, but back home you have a social network and here your have... tv! there's a lot to be said for having friends, family & neighbors around.

im renting studio rooms from my neighbor btw. she's a sweet grandma w/ a huge house & my house and i have become her extended family pretty fast.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2007, 11:59 AM   #304
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Let's see how much this detracts from media coverage of the Attorney general's hearings today and tomorrow.
Old 04.18.2007, 12:00 PM   #305
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I think they should have psychiatric assesments of students like this idiot, and that since you are enrolled, the school has to keep other students safe you know?
but there is nothing one can do treally.
many of these nutjobs are smart enough to actively fool psychiatrists and counselors. I've seen it done.

not all of them and certainly not this one. the school could say "we will cancel your registration unless you get treatment"

it's done with international students. you have to show all your vaccines. you can't be enrolled in school if you have tuberculosis, did you know that?
Old 04.18.2007, 12:00 PM   #306
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Let's see how much this detracts from media coverage of the Attorney general's hearings today and tomorrow.

oh im keeping my eye on that for sure.

ps

you might appreciate this:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...041601412.html
Old 04.18.2007, 12:03 PM   #307
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

when everyone knows you and your business and your family there is a bigger support group and also more people looking out for warning signs.
Old 04.18.2007, 12:06 PM   #308
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
it's true man, coming to the u.s. from a latin american country i was suprised to see all kinds of alienated people living in basements with no social contact whatsoever.

this is exactly what I'm talking about.

whether it's because we are a "young" country (compared to all the others) or a trickle-down effect from our television screen culture, we lack the village mentality that many people in many other countries enjoy.

this type of mass-violence rarely happens in small towns (compared to the incidence of crime in more urban areas). everyone in a small town knows everyone else's business and that makes it much harder for weird agents to slip through the cracks.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2007, 12:06 PM   #309
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
when everyone knows you and your business and your family there is a bigger support group and also more people looking out for warning signs.

not just warning signs but you keep a better sense of reality than someone buried in computer games 24/7

btw i live in a small town w/ lots of weirdos. but they are actually social, & check on each other.
Old 04.18.2007, 12:15 PM   #310
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
let's not start blaming the weirdos!

weird =/= crazy
Old 04.18.2007, 12:18 PM   #311
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
let's not start blaming the weirdos!

weird =/= crazy

yes yes, that is correct. sorry if i confused the two.

problem is this kind was likely tagged as "weirdo" when in fact he was a nutjob. but how can people tell with that kind of isolation?

and then when the prof spots him, nothing can be done because he hasn't hurt anyone yet. fucked up i tell you.

--

oh and i believe if those weirdos didnt check on each other they'd go crazy for a lack of social connection.
Old 04.18.2007, 12:31 PM   #312
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

the deal being that in a commuity whre everyone know3s your business, people see EARLy the warning signs for a sex pevert or a violent guy and they warn everyone about it. everyone knows who the "sickie" is, and they ussually know how to deal with them.
Old 04.18.2007, 12:42 PM   #313
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

Quote:
people see EARLy the warning signs for a sex pevert or a violent guy and they warn everyone about it. everyone knows who the "sickie" is, and they ussually know how to deal with them.

truth!

unfortunately this also has it's darker side (ie: gay people tied to the back of pick-ups and being dragged behind for miles). mob rule mentality is often no better than no-club-lone-wolf.

can the human race be saved? will people ever learn to respect each other and live together in peace?? what color of panties is Kim Gordon wearing today??? stay tuned for these answers (and more!) after this word from our sponsors.
Old 04.18.2007, 12:43 PM   #314
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
the deal being that in a commuity whre everyone know3s your business, people see EARLy the warning signs for a sex pevert or a violent guy and they warn everyone about it. everyone knows who the "sickie" is, and they ussually know how to deal with them.

but there is more to it than that, this guy was clearly giving blatant signs to everyone and still nobody could do anything. check this story out, not sure if it's the same link i posted earlier, but look.

Student Wrote About Death and Spoke in Whispers, But No One Imagined What Cho Seung Hui Would Do

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...l?hpid=topnews

i quote you a few bits (it's a longish article):

Quote:
Originally Posted by the washington post

He had so upset other instructors that Virginia Tech officials asked whether the professor wanted protection. Lucinda Roy declined. She thought Cho Seung Hui exuded loneliness, and she volunteered to teach him by herself, to spare her colleagues. The subject of the class was poetry.

...was described by those who encountered him over the years as at times angry, menacing, disturbed and so depressed that he seemed near tears.

He often spoke in a whisper, if at all, refused to open up to teachers and classmates, and kept himself locked behind a facade of a hat, sunglasses and silence.

[...]

Cho (whose full name is pronounced joh sung-wee) appears first to have alarmed the noted Virginia Tech poet Nikki Giovanni in a creative writing class in fall 2005, Giovanni said.

Cho took pictures of fellow students during class and wrote about death, she said in an interview. "Kids write about murder and suicide all the time. But there was something that made all of us pay attention closely. None of us were comfortable with that," she said.

The students once recited their poems in class. "It was like, 'What are you trying to say here?' It was more sinister," she said.

Days later, seven of Giovanni's 70 or so students showed up for a class. She asked them why the others didn't show up and was told that they were afraid of Cho.

"Once I realized my class was scared, I knew I had to do something," she said.

She approached Cho and told him that he needed to change the type of poems he was writing or drop her class. Giovanni said Cho declined to leave and said, "You can't make me."

Giovanni said she appealed to Roy, who then taught Cho one-on-one. Roy, 51, said in a telephone interview that she also urged Cho to seek counseling and told him that she would walk to the counseling center with him. He said he would think about it.

Roy said she warned school officials. "I was determined that people were going to take notice," Roy said. "I felt I'd said to so many people, 'Please, will you look at this young man?' "

etc.

Old 04.18.2007, 01:06 PM   #315
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

"not my problem"

that is probably the answer given to that teacher.
Old 04.18.2007, 01:06 PM   #316
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Can we sue Jeebus for standing around and not doing anything to help?
Old 04.18.2007, 01:38 PM   #317
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
The police were busy interviewing someone they thought was connected to the shooter as he was leaving campus. They locked-down campus, but spent two hours interviewing the guy and treating it as a domestic homicide.

The Blacksburg police and, in turn, Va Tech, failed to notify the students that there had been a double murder on campus that day. Virtually no faculty or students knew about the events earlier in the morning until Seung-Hui opened fire once again some two hours later.

And this is the primary point of negligence and grounds for civil suits from the families of the slain victims. Coupled with the new details about the warning signs Seung-Hui exhibited, the case for criminal negligence grows all that much stronger.

Humans do not learn in most cases unless they are forced to pay for their mistakes.

Justice should be served.

Some may think this might prove contradictory to the healing process of a grieving campus community.
To those people:
You're living in a world of make-believe with flowers and bells and leprechauns and magic frogs with funny little hats.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2007, 01:41 PM   #318
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

in candy houses on gumdrop lane.
Old 04.18.2007, 01:44 PM   #319
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
with gumdrop houses on lollipop lane
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2007, 01:46 PM   #320
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

there you go!!!!!!! when I first saw that episode and that part I fucking flipped it was so perfect!
131415 16 17181926 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth