Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Pavement: Westing (by Musket and Sextant)
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.15.2008, 05:28 AM   #41
raging_nelly
stalker

raging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's asses
1. CORNERS
2. WOWEE
3. CRCR / SLANTED (too hard for me to pick between)
4. TERROR
5. WESTING (haven't actually heard this one... don't really know why I'm listing it....)

www.myspace.com/myboyslashmygirl

www.dischordmusic.blogspot.com

raging_nelly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.15.2008, 05:32 AM   #42
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by raging_nelly
1. CORNERS
2. WOWEE
3. CRCR / SLANTED (too hard for me to pick between)
4. TERROR
5. WESTING (haven't actually heard this one... don't really know why I'm listing it....)

ha ha
like "I know i'm talking about DUDE"
Old 07.15.2008, 05:39 AM   #43
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
honestly gary young's song PLANTMAN is better than terror twilight.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.15.2008, 05:46 AM   #44
Death & the Maiden
expwy. to yr skull

Death & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard sucka
I bought Slanted & Enchanted awhile ago, but I didn't really like it. There are a few good songs on it, but there are too many average ones. I think I'll give Pavement another chance and buy Crooked Rain Crooked Rain or Wowee Zowee.
Death & the Maiden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.15.2008, 05:55 AM   #45
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
in my mind, slanted is probably one of the only perfect, from start-to-finish, albums i can really think of. Take off the new face in hell ripoff and you have a completely unique, musical, melodic, interestingly-produced collection of energetic, cryptic, and engaging songs. words don't do it justice... every song is pretty golden in its own way.

I love the last minute of our singer.

Old 07.15.2008, 05:57 AM   #46
Death & the Maiden
expwy. to yr skull

Death & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard sucka
I don't understand the comparison with The Fall (but then again, I've only heard S&E and Cut Your Hair).
Death & the Maiden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.15.2008, 06:07 AM   #47
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

i don't think they sound anything like the fall.

except their new face in hell ripoff.

Old 07.15.2008, 06:14 AM   #48
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death & the Maiden
I don't understand the comparison with The Fall.
same here
Old 07.15.2008, 07:15 AM   #49
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
in my mind, slanted is probably one of the only perfect, from start-to-finish, albums i can really think of. Take off the new face in hell ripoff and you have a completely unique, musical, melodic, interestingly-produced collection of energetic, cryptic, and engaging songs. words don't do it justice... every song is pretty golden in its own way.

I love the last minute of our singer.

Oh man, does it bother me to agree with you, atsonic. But seriously, this album is definitely in my top 10 of all time anythings.
noisereductions is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.15.2008, 07:16 AM   #50
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death & the Maiden
I don't understand the comparison with The Fall (but then again, I've only heard S&E and Cut Your Hair).

Their album covers look like Fall album covers. So...
Old 07.15.2008, 07:20 AM   #51
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

similiar song titles occassionally too.

focus on simplicity, at least in the early stuff.

no fear of experimentation.

Uh... that's all I can really think of.

Pavement were a lot more melodic and, sorry, MUSICAL than the Fall ever were. Of course, I like the Fall a lot better, but I'm very familiar with both bands catalogues and don't think they sound a damn thng alike.

Old 07.15.2008, 07:39 AM   #52
noisereductions
invito al cielo

On the SLOW CENTURY dvd, Malk picks up the 12" of "Cut Your Hair" and says something like, "notice the Fall-like artwork."

I also think I remember reading (years in ago) in WE ROCK SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO an interview with Mark Ibold (or was it Spiral S? Now I can't recall) saying that "Conduit For Sale" was like their "Fall Song"... but like I said, that was a long time ago, and I could be completely mis-remembering. He could've said their "Can-Song" or "Pere-Ubu" song and I chose to remember it differently. Nevermind!
Old 07.15.2008, 08:01 AM   #53
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

i think it's such an obvious ripoff that it has to be a homage or something.. if that makes sense.

Old 07.15.2008, 08:07 AM   #54
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Right.
Old 07.15.2008, 10:17 AM   #55
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
stephen and mark both said on numerous occassions that it wasnt that they ripped off the fall because no one gets rich by ripping off the fall, its just when they heard the fall for the first time they said "thats the shit" and loved them......talking about ripping people off or being influenced by em, i hear more r.e.m. in pavement than the fall to be quite honest...especially the older r.e.m. stuff

as for gary youngs hospital album being better than terror............ fucking hell.waaayyy better!
Old 07.15.2008, 10:18 AM   #56
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
i think it's such an obvious ripoff that it has to be a homage or something.. if that makes sense.

exactly.. its a homage to the fall way of doing shit...... cut and paste. pritt stick and saliva artwork... man i wish more bands would do that.....
Old 07.15.2008, 10:38 AM   #57
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
the fall were just doing Dada techniques anyway.

nothing original.
Old 07.15.2008, 10:41 AM   #58
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

"we dont have enough dada...dada....dada....dada"
Old 07.15.2008, 11:44 AM   #59
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Plantman Knows Where The Plants All Go
Plantman Knows Where The Plants All Grow

Plantman
Plantman

Old 07.15.2008, 01:55 PM   #60
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

actually hit the plane down is fall like. that's all i can think of though.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth