Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.13.2018, 02:30 PM   #10521
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Upgrading would've been difficult cos of his wages. Regardless of what the club wants, he's under contract till 2020 and there's no reason why he should go anywhere that isn't willing to at least match the 140k a week he gets at WH.

j.h.c.

Quote:
This is what cripples all but the very top Prem clubs. Teams like WH know no player of any real worth is gonna come to them for anything but the money (or as a stepping stone to a bigger club). At this stage in Chicharito career he isn't in the shop window for a bigger club so this is all about money for him now.

2020!

lmfao

self-inflicted wound seems like now
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2018, 02:56 PM   #10522
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
The benches of any mid-ranking Prem team are like a monument to contracts written in pure desperation.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2018, 03:21 PM   #10523
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
The benches of any mid-ranking Prem team are like a monument to contracts written in pure desperation.
he WAS doing great at leverkusen when he got that contract though

if you look at his stats, it was more than a goal every other game (28 goals / 54 apps)

then at jamón west he scored every 3.6 games... ( 8/29 )
Old 08.13.2018, 04:09 PM   #10524
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I never realised he was so prolific at BL We should've done more with him. Although the clubs been such a shambles you could probably say that about most of our squad. Right now everything seems to revolve around Arnie, which worries me. I do think he's an excellent player but he's not someone who could ever take you to that next level, even briefly. He's no Payet. He's not even an Andy Carroll - when Any Carroll really was Andy Carroll (nearly 10 years ago, at Newcastle).
Old 08.13.2018, 04:41 PM   #10525
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

my issue with him is even though he scored one of mexico’s world cup goals i dont recall him as memorable at all.

much fresher in my mind stand chucky lozano or carlos vela for example

but maybe he’s not in such bad shape—i realize that my memory was playing tricks. i missed 1/2 year of bundesliga last season and i thought he still was there—but he was nowhere to be seen. so in my mind he was just invisible at leverkusen, not at west ham. i just found out when i checked his stats, this wasn’t a recent transfer.

anyway maybe you can do something with him with the right setup. last weekend he was just (again) invisible though... except for the bleached hair.
Old 08.14.2018, 03:56 AM   #10526
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
definitely rent a car after dc. american public transportation is designed to humiliate the poor. there is no way to get around outside cities. in new orleans you can take cabs.

dc to nashville is a beautiful drive by the way, through rural virginia and the tennesee mountains,

if you wanna visit sites of mass shootings, virginia tech is on the way! (sorry for the tasteless joke. was meant ironically)

and dont forget to eat memphis bbq oh yeah. oh rewatch mystery train ha ha ha ha

new orleans = amazeballs. but dont drink and drive!

Thanks man. Think the general plan is to get the train to Nashville. Then after that I'll be driving hopefully. Tbh, it also depends on if I meet any people along the way and end up spending some time with them.

Memphis BBQ? Noted. I'm fully expecting to come back about 5 stone heavier.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2018, 03:59 AM   #10527
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Upgrading would've been difficult cos of his wages. Regardless of what the club wants, he's under contract till 2020 and there's no reason why he should go anywhere that isn't willing to at least match the 140k a week he gets at WH.

This is what cripples all but the very top Prem clubs. Teams like WH know no player of any real worth is gonna come to them for anything but the money (or as a stepping stone to a bigger club). At this stage in Chicharito career he isn't in the shop window for a bigger club so this is all about money for him now.

This absolutely. Everton were paying Klassen (who? Exact) 100k p/w. This was a player who only made seven appearances, scored none, assisted none. Thankfully they've managed to get rid of him.

Players like Benteke and the rest can hit the pay day for just having one good season. Incredible really.

Old 08.14.2018, 04:01 AM   #10528
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Isn't the thing with Hernandez that he's a poacher through and through. If you give him the chance to to just to knock it in hell do that glady. Anything else and you're making it difficult for yourself. Be interesting to see what Pellegrini does.

Old 08.14.2018, 04:13 AM   #10529
demonrail666
invito al cielo

The other problem is discontinuity between managers. They all try to rebuild the team in their own very different image despite the fact they'll probably only be there for a season or two. Then the next one comes along and it starts again. But they can't get rid of the old players because of their contracts so you have the likes of Carroll (an Allardyce man) still stinking the place up. This is why I'm sort of in favour of a director of football, especially for clubs like West Ham, to bring a little long-term thinking into play.
Old 08.15.2018, 01:12 PM   #10530
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Reports of a big injury for DeBruyne that could see him out for months
Old 08.15.2018, 01:27 PM   #10531
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Well thank god the depth of their squad means they can cope

Old 08.15.2018, 01:32 PM   #10532
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Quote:
Fuck that sounds amazing. It's a dream of mine to visit Nashville and Memphis.

Sorry to bang on about it. Turns out Bruce is doing the Broadway dates whilst I'm in New York. Praying I can gt tickets for it. ALSO, Paul Simon is doing his last ever gig that week too. Man, if I got to both of them.

Anyway, back to De Bruyne. It's a blow however as I said depth of that squad means they'll cope. Not many teams can lose a crucial player and be ok. Also, rather now than in the run in at the end of the season.

Old 08.15.2018, 01:57 PM   #10533
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Sorry to bang on about it. Turns out Bruce is doing the Broadway dates whilst I'm in New York. Praying I can gt tickets for it.

Last time I was in NY I had a chance to see him in New Jersey ... NEW JERSEY!!!! And I never went.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Anyway, back to De Bruyne. It's a blow however as I said depth of that squad means they'll cope. Not many teams can lose a crucial player and be ok. Also, rather now than in the run in at the end of the season.

Yeah. Citeh will be OK. I suppose I'm just sorry I won't be able to watch him for a few months.
Old 08.15.2018, 02:04 PM   #10534
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

oh no wat da fuc

i was looking forward to seeing him in action

oh well. the better for liverpool i guess
Old 08.15.2018, 02:33 PM   #10535
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Oh well, more chance to see the little genius

Old 08.15.2018, 02:41 PM   #10536
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Oh well, more chance to see the little genius

he’s never played well for me

watch me ruin his mojo this season
Old 08.15.2018, 03:00 PM   #10537
demonrail666
invito al cielo

He's probably their most crucial player after DeBruyne. It's weird he's never performed for you, although I suppose it's possible if you've only seen him for Spain or in the odd CL game. An incredible player but often overshadowed by higher profile ones. Maybe my favourite prem player of the last few seasons (at least since Alexis Sanchez lost his spark in his final season at Arsenal and now in the players' graveyard that is MU).
Old 08.15.2018, 03:07 PM   #10538
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
He's probably their most crucial player after DeBruyne. It's weird he's never performed for you, although I suppose it's possible if you've only seen him for Spain or in the odd CL game. An incredible player but often overshadowed by higher profile ones. Maybe my favourite prem player of the last few seasons (at least since Alexis Sanchez lost his spark in his final season at Arsenal and now in the players' graveyard that is MU).
i used to watch man city a little while after they won the prem. i remember getting fox soccer the following season and fox had the tv deal back then. they lost it the year after.

silva would dribble from the left, entangle himself, shoot crooked...

i remember him as skilled but ineffective

every time i see him it’s the same for some reason ha ha ha

david parturient montes
Old 08.15.2018, 03:14 PM   #10539
demonrail666
invito al cielo

He came into his own when Pep arrived. Not sure if that was when you saw him but while others score more goals he's certainly the opposite of ineffective.
Old 08.15.2018, 03:17 PM   #10540
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
He came into his own when Pep arrived. Not sure if that was when you saw him but while others score more goals he's certainly the opposite of ineffective.
no, after they first won ever. wasnt that with mancini? or whoever followed. 2012?

would like to see what you say. so far no luck. did not happen in world cup as i recall
427477517524525526 527 528529530537577627 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth