Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page March 2011 at the Stone curated by White Out
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.08.2011, 01:29 AM   #1
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
Crazy line up featuring Thurston, Nels Cline, Magik Makers, Gate and many more!

http://www.thestonenyc.com/calendar.php?month=2
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.08.2011, 05:40 AM   #2
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
There is an absolutely outrageous amount of stuff here to remind me that it sucks not living in New York. A solo Dave Burrel gig, Connors, McPhee with Corsano, Mcphee and Vandermark, No Neck Blues Band, Micheal Morley, Thurston... Fuck. I love the Stone every time I visit there, but it doesn't half make you feel bad about living in the North East of the UK sometimes...
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.08.2011, 02:23 PM   #3
Georgekrz
stalker

Georgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's asses
i think this is the coldest winter in history of nyc, it must be cant be imagining things. every day is fucking cold! cant wait for march...
Georgekrz is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.09.2011, 04:45 AM   #4
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgekrz
i think this is the coldest winter in history of nyc, it must be cant be imagining things. every day is fucking cold! cant wait for march...

The lake at my university recently completely froze over when it hit -14, so I feel your pain. I just bought some totally badass winter boots though.
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.10.2011, 02:01 PM   #5
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Didya see April>

APRIL 16—30
ECSTATIC PEACE
CURATED BY THURSTON MOORE
Ecstatic Peace! is a record label based in Easthampton, Massachusetts, founded in 1981 by Sonic Youth member Thurston Moore. The label's name is borrowed from a line in Tom Wolfe's 1968 novel The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test.

{edit} sure ya did, there's a separate thread.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.01.2011, 09:22 AM   #6
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
I've seen a lot of music this month, culminated last night I checked out the 2nd set of Michael Morley's 2 night stand at the Stone, I picked the right set I think, he played about an hour starting with some classic Morley guitar work - and I say classic because he has a distinct sound, kind of staggering and dripping sheens, which he then processed on laptop and other effects. Textually dense and fierce sonically, a fine set for the 20 of us who showed up. Unthinkingly I didn't bring any extra cash so I missed out on the sensational Fix and other mersch goodies. Michael is playing northampton ma shortly and also Detroit Museum of Art.

[EDIT _ The Detroit show is tonite Apr 1]
Old 04.13.2011, 01:41 PM   #7
tesla69
Banned

stone apr 23
Kim Gordon-Chris Corsano
- 4/23/11 at The Stone in NYC. 8pm

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth