Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page What's the big thrill outta being a "Rather Ripped Basher"?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.19.2006, 11:01 AM   #21
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

Sheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's asses
disliking is one thing, but bashing is another.

A part of this blue shit since June 24th, 2004
Sheriff Rhys Chatham is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.19.2006, 11:01 AM   #22
Lurker
invito al cielo

Lurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's asses
haha
Lurker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.19.2006, 11:06 AM   #23
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
for fuck sake. will people here get a goddamn grip!!! you dont like the album so what? you do like the album, so what?????? i am bored of this little nitpicking oneupmanship, hey im way cooler than you attittude that is in every godforsaken thread now. all the fucking anger, pettiness and just plain dumbassness of it all has gotta stop somewhere and please can we get back on to discussing interesting things again, music and so forth.

a bunch of little kidz!!!!
Old 06.19.2006, 11:07 AM   #24
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

Sheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's asses
i agree

A part of this blue shit since June 24th, 2004
Sheriff Rhys Chatham is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.19.2006, 11:09 AM   #25
Lurker
invito al cielo

Lurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's asses
I disagree.

haha

no I agree.
Lurker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.19.2006, 02:54 PM   #26
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
There is no thrill. It isn't good.

Shut the fuck up. All of the anti-anti-rather ripped threads are so lame.

Wow man you are a big baby, please re-read your response and think about it...

i've decided that this is my last post on this sort of issue. because i'm not going to change your mind and you're not change mine.

and how do you think that the "anti-rather ripped" threads are any less lame?

you really are a piece of immature shit, i tell you.

If the rumor is true that this is SY's last tour then that may surely please you and Assblaster, you seem rather enthralled w/ the fact that the new album sucks and repeatedly let us all know about it... i hate regurgatators... (its fine if you don't like the album. so find something else to type about for crissakes.) and if you can't take the criticism of "not appreciating RR" then you shouldn't bother being anti-RR... pretty simple.

I never knew anyone who loved to talk trash about something to the "nth" degree... why? because its easy and it makes you cooler than thou? to who your virtual reality followers of your poser ethics?

so you don't like the album, get over it.
i don't think its the best but it ain't the worst... i've gotten over my issues w/ it...

get over yours.

btw, i'd like to see you make me "shut the fuck up".
i guess the internet brings out the "best in us" huh?
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.19.2006, 04:41 PM   #27
sandwich mulroney
little trouble girl

sandwich mulroney is a splendid one to beholdsandwich mulroney is a splendid one to beholdsandwich mulroney is a splendid one to beholdsandwich mulroney is a splendid one to beholdsandwich mulroney is a splendid one to beholdsandwich mulroney is a splendid one to beholdsandwich mulroney is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott v

i've decided that this is my last post on this sort of issue. because i'm not going to change your mind and you're not change mine.

If the rumor is true that this is SY's last tour then that may surely please you and Assblaster, you seem rather enthralled w/ the fact that the new album sucks and repeatedly let us all know about it... i hate regurgatators... (its fine if you don't like the album. so find something else to type about for crissakes.) and if you can't take the criticism of "not appreciating RR" then you shouldn't bother being anti-RR... pretty simple.

I never knew anyone who loved to talk trash about something to the "nth" degree... why? because its easy and it makes you cooler than thou? to who your virtual reality followers of your poser ethics?

i don't think its the best but it ain't the worst... i've gotten over my issues w/ it...

get over yours.

the difference, scott, is quite simple: an anti-rather ripped thread is, like a pro-rather ripped thread, a statement of opinion. starting a thread to bash an opinion is even more arrogant and pointless than doing either of the above.
sandwich mulroney is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.19.2006, 04:45 PM   #28
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandwich mulroney
the difference, scott, is quite simple: an anti-rather ripped thread is, like a pro-rather ripped thread, a statement of opinion. starting a thread to bash an opinion is even more arrogant and pointless than doing either of the above.

you're correct, but you are missing something... opinions were bashed on the pro-rather ripped thread first and foremost beyond reasonability where a point was reached where one's anti-opinion became the absurd and ridiculious by creating non-stop anti-statements... are you saying thats ok? i see just as much arrogance in conducting that sort of instant nonsensical posting i must say.

this thread was started out of sarcasm a kind of hint to make a few people realize how stupid they look by continuing to bash and criticise over something that is a matter of opinion.

i guess i'm sick of reading that shit where normally i'd ignore it but its running way too rampant on this message board, thats all.
Old 06.19.2006, 05:01 PM   #29
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
i have no care to read any of your stupid shit ass comments here)

???
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.19.2006, 05:26 PM   #30
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
more posts like kingcoffee's

For the record though, chamomile tea is putrid.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.19.2006, 05:42 PM   #31
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Sucks on the first listen. Turns amazing after you've had it for 2 weeks.
Old 06.19.2006, 05:48 PM   #32
Gookid
children of satan

Gookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
for fuck sake. will people here get a goddamn grip!!! you dont like the album so what? you do like the album, so what?????? i am bored of this little nitpicking oneupmanship, hey im way cooler than you attittude that is in every godforsaken thread now. all the fucking anger, pettiness and just plain dumbassness of it all has gotta stop somewhere and please can we get back on to discussing interesting things again, music and so forth.

a bunch of little kidz!!!!
Dude, you seem angry.
Gookid is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.20.2006, 01:13 AM   #33
daytripper
empty page

daytripper has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
RATHER RIPPED
This album is masterpiece. Always trust Sonic Youth. I instantly heard the pure quality of this record. I cant understand that its possible to dislike this if you are a true fan ???
daytripper is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.20.2006, 09:53 AM   #34
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
RATHER RIPPED RULES! another fine album to add to the SONIC YOUTH Canon!
I prefer it to any of the SYR's, which I love for what they are, but they are not enjoyable listening for me. I LIKE TO ROCK. INCINERATE!
Old 06.20.2006, 12:06 PM   #35
Washing Machine
expwy. to yr skull

Washing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's asses
I personally think 'Rather Ripped' is a masterpiece but we all have SY albums we don't like that much (its the same with all bands...you cant please all of the people all of the time). Personally I dont like a lot of the early SY ('Sonic Youth' and 'Confusion is Sex') I also can't sit through the all mighty 'A Thousand Leaves'. But hey thats my opinion. I am entitled to love the new record as anyone else is to hate it!
Old 06.20.2006, 12:09 PM   #36
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Alright fellas this thread is for you...

you know who you are...
Now you can let us all know how you really feel eventhough you've done it many other threads...

so...

let it RIP!!!

(have fun, because i have no care to read any of your stupid shit ass comments here. but i thought this as being a necessary action for of you, for i am a caring individual for the mentally handicapped of this sort.)

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.20.2006, 02:01 PM   #37
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

get over yours.

I really don't understand how I am a bigger baby than you when I'm not the one whining about Rather Ripped bashers. lol @ poser ethics. I'm a poser now? A poser for WHAT? I never claimed to be anything more than sarcastically.

And, you should REALLY talk about regurgitators. Have you seen your posts in the last week? Sure, I have alot of posts that are anti-Rather Ripped. Who cares? That is what EVERYONE is discussing basically. I also have alot of posts lately that are completely unrelated. Everything I've seen you post is like "you are immautre evn dough i typ lyke a 4 yr old lol."

The bottom line: I am immature. I'm 15. What do you expect? If you are so mature find something better to do than argue with a bunch of fucking kids on the internet. Like learn how to type for example.
Old 06.20.2006, 04:01 PM   #38
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
ha ha. this thread is so ridiculous. like watching jerry springer in the old days.

more please, more!!!

!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.20.2006, 04:03 PM   #39
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Those are some sweet rolls.
Old 06.20.2006, 05:47 PM   #40
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
I really don't understand how I am a bigger baby than you when I'm not the one whining about Rather Ripped bashers. lol @ poser ethics. I'm a poser now? A poser for WHAT? I never claimed to be anything more than sarcastically.

And, you should REALLY talk about regurgitators. Have you seen your posts in the last week? Sure, I have alot of posts that are anti-Rather Ripped. Who cares? That is what EVERYONE is discussing basically. I also have alot of posts lately that are completely unrelated. Everything I've seen you post is like "you are immautre evn dough i typ lyke a 4 yr old lol."

The bottom line: I am immature. I'm 15. What do you expect? If you are so mature find something better to do than argue with a bunch of fucking kids on the internet. Like learn how to type for example.

learn how to type?
haha...

maybe i should use a pictoral:

""

all you are on this board is an "instigator" full of one-liner comments to spurn out a reaction from someone. i've called you out on it, and your comebacks are rather pathetic. i don't care if you don't like rather ripped (which is not the point here) but to "berate" people about liking it is another story, and you've done just that. and when there is a slight bit of defense retialition to your comments, you seem to handle it like a little kid (by telling people to "shut the fuck up" or "fuck off"). granted you've suckered me into debating w/ you... not anymore.

have a great life. you're on my ignore list.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth