Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Sonic Youth 5/19/98 Ogden Theater, Denver (full concert video)
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.11.2012, 11:52 AM   #1
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By513...eature=related

Not sure if this has been posted before, this video was uploaded Nov. 2011...
bits and pieces of this show could be found previously.

nice proshot w/ good sound of an ATL-era show... DV '69 closer some SYR stuff inbetween (Anagrama, Stil) somewhat rare live version of Hits of Sunshine...

scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.12.2012, 03:22 AM   #2
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
hmm this radically reduces the need to transfer my masters from the same tour..i've been playing around w/ this new video capture device i got + it works great except for some strange artifact that isn't present on the camcorder viewfinder and/or television screen, introduced whenever the camera is 'shaken' i suppose...frustrating...
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.12.2012, 09:47 AM   #3
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lawrence
hmm this radically reduces the need to transfer my masters from the same tour..i've been playing around w/ this new video capture device i got + it works great except for some strange artifact that isn't present on the camcorder viewfinder and/or television screen, introduced whenever the camera is 'shaken' i suppose...frustrating...

I think I'm not alone in the interest to see those masters that you have
but I understand what you mean, setlist-wise they didn't stray much from the ATL based songs and then throwing in DV '69 and Shadow of the Doubt. I didn't exactly see them on this ATL tour (of '98), it was one of my first trips to NYC when my brother was attending the school of visual arts, that was the hammerstein NYC show in Feb. '99 (also there are videos of this one on youtube) and at this point the setlist opened up quite abit, i remember being shocked to hear DNA's "blonde redhead", I believe thats the only time they covered that.

btw, the jazzmaster that Thurston is playing on DV '69 is one i don't ever remember seeing before, even in the low stage lighting it can be evident... it appears to be a red tint body w/ a white pickguard but it looks like it has sharpie marker doodling all over it, and you can see the chrome tele-type knobs, weird... man they had a shitload of guitars over the years.

interestingly, shortly after my post here, this video link was posted on SY facebook page.

scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.12.2012, 12:38 PM   #4
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
if you video-ed any of the LA shows I would definitely want to see them Chris, as I was there to (well I wasn't at the second night, only 1st and 3rd)

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth