Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Reverb.com to sell Sonic Youth gear and instruments
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.24.2018, 02:33 PM   #1
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Alot of SY gear and instruments and other rare memorablia are to be sold on reverb.com Starting October 30th. Over 200 pieces of authentic gear and instruments.

Appears to include:
One of Lee's Fender Telecaster Deluxes(http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang/eq/gtr26.html), and his Travis Bean Koa guitar (http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang/eq/gtr54.html)
Kim's Fender Precision Bass and Ibanez Talman (http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang/eq/bass07.html) (http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang/eq/gtr70.html)
Thurston's red Fender jazzmaster and Thurston and Lee used sunburst (this one has a mastery bridge!) Fender jazzmaster (http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang/eq/gtr71.html, http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang/eq/gtr73.html)
A bunch of effects including a Klon Centuar (Lee's) and a ultra rare Ludwig Phase II Synth (used on the Diamond Sea)
A set of Steve's drums
A few of Lee's synths/keyboards (Ace-Tone, Yamaha)

Curious on how it will be priced, but based on previous Reverb listings from fairly well known artists it could be fairly high.

https://reverb.com/news/the-official...b-shop-preview

scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.24.2018, 03:51 PM   #2
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
came here to post it...

just about to check nugs.net for that live stuff.

edit
oook. I see..

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.26.2018, 04:41 PM   #3
hirsute_biped
the end of the ugly

hirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asses
Wow, surprised at some of these, they are really letting go of some important pieces. I’m kind of sort of in the market for an amp, but i’m guessing a SY amp has seen a fair amount of abuse. Also can’t pay over market value. Maybe a pedal or poster? I tagged Chris Lawrence to let him know, hadn’t seen him post yet. This sale will at least yield a ton of digital images of the band's gear potentially useful for the gearography page.
hirsute_biped is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.30.2018, 02:38 PM   #4
chris2159
little trouble girl

chris2159 kicks all y'all's asseschris2159 kicks all y'all's asseschris2159 kicks all y'all's asseschris2159 kicks all y'all's asseschris2159 kicks all y'all's asseschris2159 kicks all y'all's asseschris2159 kicks all y'all's asseschris2159 kicks all y'all's asseschris2159 kicks all y'all's asseschris2159 kicks all y'all's asseschris2159 kicks all y'all's asses
Some of the pedals were very reasonably priced............I just didn't get there quick enough.
chris2159 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.30.2018, 03:30 PM   #5
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Did anyone score any gear?
Old 10.30.2018, 10:42 PM   #6
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
I got Kim’s Sitori Sonics Brownies and Cream Overdrive that was on her pedalboard circa 2009-11? I tried to get Lee’s Ibanez tube king overdrive pedal but was just abit late, and was thinking about that yellow music man sting ray guitar though thats alot more than i want to pay for any guitar... it sold quick anyways.

Old 10.30.2018, 10:55 PM   #7
FreshChops
100%

FreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's asses
By the time I saw the notification today from Reverb and checked their auction, it was all pretty much sold. Not that I have the funds for that stuff or would have paid collectors prices for average gear with some SY nostalgic wear n' tear, but kinda a cool auction.

There was a couple actually good deals there and one in particular I saw was the EHX Deluxe Memory Man (pedal), the classic, big pedal for like $350. They typically sell for over $400. I would'a grabbed that one.

FreshChops is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.31.2018, 02:15 PM   #8
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott v
I got Kim’s Sitori Sonics Brownies and Cream Overdrive that was on her pedalboard circa 2009-11? I tried to get Lee’s Ibanez tube king overdrive pedal but was just abit late, and was thinking about that yellow music man sting ray guitar though thats alot more than i want to pay for any guitar... it sold quick anyways.
Nice, man! Yeah everything was pretty much gone by the time I checked it out.
Old 10.31.2018, 02:26 PM   #9
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by krastian
Nice, man! Yeah everything was pretty much gone by the time I checked it out.

I think the "working" pedals ended up being priced closest to "market value" in regards to all the gear listed, and the broken ones were priced fairly high unless you are savvy w/ electronic circuits then the vintage stuff could be close to a nice deal. I sorta disagree on some of the pedals being "average" or common/run of the mill, a portion of the pedals broken or not were somewhat rare vintage or "custom/boutique" along side ones that were common and priced crazily (i.e. two of Kim's Ibanez TS-9 tubescreamers were priced at $500 a piece, vintage or not, I would not pay that price...). I also thought quickly about the EHX deluxe memory man, but i have a vintage 80's one now in storage, and have had 3 others in the past that i have sold off... didn't need another in conjunction with i think they have a large footprint and other makers make nearly as good or better sounding units with current technology components and in smaller sizes (i.e. Strymon El Capistan & Brigadier, MXR deluxe Carbon Copy...etc)

the guitars needed alot of work if they were to become "playable", i thought the music man stingray was a decent deal until i read that the frets were heavily worn... I don't want to deal with getting a refret job done from a local tech/luthier. The electronics on guitars are not too complicated, its when the setup/intonation is outta whack in conjunction with hardware issues that make it less worthwhile.

...this brings it back to that this sale and others of this kind are more for "the collector" than to "the player", nonetheless interesting and providing more insight into the band's gear over the years that was not captured in the gearography section of this site.

Old 11.02.2018, 08:15 PM   #10
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
I'm upset I didn't get the smashed guitar to be honest. I should've just pulled the trigger...
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth