Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Who likes to play guitar infront of a mirror?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.14.2006, 11:52 PM   #21
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Nah. It was my college radio show my freshman year. I'm a dropout. Tuition is expensive. The station is cool. Once I get a car (I live too far to walk) I'll start DJ'ing again.

www.wrct.org
On saturday nights there is a show called Radio Free Radio hosted by Steve. He is a great experimental DJ. Very knowledgeble guy. He did all kinds of cool stuff. He'd put tape on records to make wierd sounds loop and all kinds of crazy stuff. One night we added some Sega Genesis Streets of Rage music to his show and put it through different effects that the studio section happened to have. Good times. They do an MP3 stream and an ogg vorbis stream, you should check it out. Steve is a really cool guy, he introduced me to Half-Japanese and Gate.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.14.2006, 11:55 PM   #22
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
people around me wish i did air drums, since i always hit stuff around to make it sound like drums kicking a rhythm; most people get too desperate around me for that
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2006, 06:56 AM   #23
Grete
the destroyed room

Grete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's asses
no, I look in front of me...( sadly there is no public...:-( )

SONIC YOUTH ITALIA
Grete is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2006, 07:59 AM   #24
PunkerViolence
stalker

PunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by marleypumpkin
-EDIT-
But I have been playing the air bass alot more recently.
Pretending I'm Roger Waters.

Hahajaja....and theres a difference?? I guess bass has a longer neck...and you'd pick the air instead of pluck....rite?? heheheh
PunkerViolence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2006, 08:11 AM   #25
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Yeah, & ya' pretend the body of the bass is hanging low, like Krist Novoselic.
& when you're barefoot, you think you Krist on stage. Trust me, I've thought of all this shit.
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2006, 08:18 AM   #26
PunkerViolence
stalker

PunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Yeah, & ya' pretend the body of the bass is hanging low, like Krist Novoselic.
& when you're barefoot, you think you Krist on stage. Trust me, I've thought of all this shit.

Rofl!!! Wow you really have.......HAve you ever rolled around on the floor playin guitar like Wayne Coyne?? I would if i had the space...
Old 04.15.2006, 08:23 AM   #27
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
I would to. I dfeinetly have no room to do that either. Or, we could pretend to be Nigel Tufnel, & fall down slowly to our backs while playing a radical lead solo. (ha ha I fucking love Spinal Tap)
-George Carlin
Old 04.15.2006, 08:26 AM   #28
PunkerViolence
stalker

Quote:
I would to. I dfeinetly have no room to do that either. Or, we could pretend to be Nigel Tufnel, & fall down slowly to our backs while playing a radical lead solo. (ha ha I fucking love Spinal Tap)

Who the heck is Nigel Tufnel? ...but i think i know what technique ur talkin about....i think i saw Thurston do it on the live video of I wanna be Yr. Dog.....LIIVE with Iggy Pop. Seen it??
Old 04.15.2006, 08:50 AM   #29
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

He's a guitar player in this group/movie/spoof called, "Spinal Tap". They make fun of all these rock & roll stereotypes. Rob Riener is in it. Also,
Micheal McKean. The guy that plays Nigel Tufnel is named, Christopher Guest.
They really are a group. They wrote all the songs to the soundtrack themselfs.
I definetly suggest you check this movie out.
You'll laugh your fucking ass of.
-George Carlin
Old 04.15.2006, 08:57 AM   #30
PunkerViolence
stalker

Quote:
He's a guitar player in this group/movie/spoof called, "Spinal Tap". They make fun of all these rock & roll stereotypes. Rob Riener is in it. Also,
Micheal McKean. The guy that plays Nigel Tufnel is named, Christopher Guest.
They really are a group. They wrote all the songs to the soundtrack themselfs.
I definetly suggest you check this movie out.
You'll laugh your fucking ass of.

Ive seen that movie!!! Many o' time....bloody hillarious....when the 3" model of Stonehenge descends from the stage lights....hhahhaha. Wasnt it true that after they made that movie....they decided to make a real record and call themselves Spinal Tap? Cos the movie was made before they were a real band right???
Old 04.15.2006, 08:57 AM   #31
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
The prospect of people who haven't seen Spinal Tap is quite overwhelming... seriously, see the movie. I suspect you won't find a person here who won't agree with that sentiment.

*Edit: Damn bloody people typing quicker than me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2006, 09:00 AM   #32
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

"This piece is called, "Lick My Love Pump"
-Nigel Tufnel

(one of the best lines in the movie)
-George Carlin
Old 04.15.2006, 10:21 AM   #33
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
It goes to 11. It's one louder.

Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2006, 10:27 AM   #34
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

" Well, why don't you make 10 the loudest number? ..... These go to 11."
-George Carlin
Old 04.15.2006, 11:28 AM   #35
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Spinal Tap is great.

"We've got Armadillos in our trousers. It's really quite frightening."

Ooh, I found the full transcript. Here is the part I was looking for.

Nigel: Ian, can I have a word with you for a minute?
Ian: Yes, of course.
Nigel: ...uh, a couple of problems with the...
Ian: What?
Nigel: ...arrangments backstage...
Ian: What exactly?
Nigel: Well, uh..
Ian: What, I mean...
Nigel: Well, no, there's some problems here, I don't even know
where to start, alright? This, uh..
Ian: Soundcheck? Whats, whats, whats wrong?
Nigel: No, no, no, no this....look, look, look, there's a little
problem with the... look this, this miniature bread. It's
like... I've been working with this now for about half an
hour. I can't figure out... let's say I want a bite,
right, you've got this...
Ian: You'd like bigger bread?
Nigel: Exactly! I don't understand how...
Ian: You could fold this though.
Nigel: Well, no then it's half the size.
Ian: Not the bread, you could fold the meat.
Nigel: Yeah, but then it, then it breaks up, breaks apart like
this.
Ian: No, no, no, you put it on the bread like this, you see
Nigel: But then, if you keep folding it, it keeps breaking...
Ian: Why do you keep folding it?
Nigel: And then you...everyhing has to be folded, and then it's
this, and I don't want this. I want large bread so that I
can put this...
Ian: Right
Nigel: ...so then it's like this, this doesn't work because then
...it's all....
Ian: 'cause it hangs out like that?
Nigel: Look...
Ian: Yeah.
Nigel: Would you... be holding this?
Ian: No, I don't want to eat... I wouldn't want to put that in
my mouth, no you're right, Nigel, you're right...
Nigel: No, alright 'A', exhibit 'A', now we move on to this,
look, look who's in here? No one! And then in here there's
a little guy, look! So it's, it's a complete catastrophe!
Ian: You're right, Nigel, Nigel calm down, calm down.
Nigel: Calm d...good, no it's not a big deal, it's a joke, it's
really, it's...
Ian: I'm sorry, it's just some crappy univeristy, you know
Nigel: I know, Yeah, right, it's a joke, it's all a j..
Ian: Really, I don't want it to affect your performance.
Nigel: It's not gonna affect my performance, don't worry about
it, alright, just hate it, it's really...
Ian: It won't happen again.
Nigel: It does disturb me.
Ian: It's disgusting.
Nigel: But I'll rise above it, I'm a professional, right?
Ian: Alright.
Old 04.15.2006, 12:16 PM   #36
naomi
little trouble girl

naomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's asses
I started playing guitar in front of the mirror recently, to prepare for playing live. I have to say it really helped. I bet most people have played in front of the mirror at some point.
naomi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2006, 12:32 PM   #37
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
To be fair, if you get a guitar because you want an instrument to play, then you're an idiot. There are better instruments, hundreds of 'em, to actually play, like, music and stuff. None of them can shit on a guitar for pose-a-bility though. Any guitarist without a full-length mirror is suspect and should be shot under the 'ugly indie bands' clause of the international laws of rock and/ or roll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2006, 01:08 PM   #38
dietzer123
stalker

dietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard sucka
i didn't wanna read this thread but based on the title, you narcisistic bastard
Old 04.15.2006, 01:12 PM   #39
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
To be fair, if you get a guitar because you want an instrument to play, then you're an idiot. There are better instruments, hundreds of 'em, to actually play, like, music and stuff. None of them can shit on a guitar for pose-a-bility though. Any guitarist without a full-length mirror is suspect and should be shot under the 'ugly indie bands' clause of the international laws of rock and/ or roll.

That made me smile.
Old 04.15.2006, 02:36 PM   #40
wolliewollie
little trouble girl

wolliewollie kicks all y'all's asseswolliewollie kicks all y'all's asseswolliewollie kicks all y'all's asseswolliewollie kicks all y'all's asseswolliewollie kicks all y'all's asseswolliewollie kicks all y'all's asseswolliewollie kicks all y'all's asseswolliewollie kicks all y'all's asseswolliewollie kicks all y'all's asseswolliewollie kicks all y'all's asseswolliewollie kicks all y'all's asses
i sometimes do, in teh bathroom, good sound there too

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth