Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page post comething completely irrelevant!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.29.2017, 04:33 PM   #40481
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
The burning skies was weird....really weird. And yeah...my girlfriend and I are kind of glad we’re not in the city....man hard be a mess. We really enjoy the town we’re in. Not in the same county as Seattle. I never thought I’d be so happy with living outside of the city...but I’ve learned to really like it....a lot.

Oh, shit. I thought you were right uptown? What did I miss?

Anyway, yeah. Living *in* Seattle is not as cool as it sounds. It’s expensive and it’s loud and people are kind of assholes. It’s not the peacenick hamlet it’s made out to be. Not since tech infiltrated and turned it into a pretty proper metropolitan area. If I were to move back to Washington, I would ABSOLUTELY love outside the city. Maybe even like half and hour or an hour out. Anacortes maybe. Or something like that. Bellevue or Redmond or Ravenna if I had (lots of) money.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.29.2017, 04:47 PM   #40482
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
he said he lived north of seattle!

near a beach, room for the dogs...

ETA:

Quote:
.once we arrived in Seattle...we found a great apartment about 15 miles north of downtown. We have everything we need around us and our animals are loving this new scenery. We live not too far from a small beach. There are whale, seal sightings from there too....pretty exciting and hoping I see a fucking whale.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.29.2017, 05:12 PM   #40483
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
he said he lived north of seattle!

near a beach, room for the dogs...

ETA:

15 miles north of downtown is uptown. Er, ok... maybe 15 minutes. Maybe more like 5 miles? But it’s certainly still in Seattle.

Plus that was like months ago that he said that. I’m supposed to remember, or face the wrath of your weirdly placed exclamation points?
Old 10.29.2017, 05:15 PM   #40484
Severian
invito al cielo

So are you in Edmonds then? Is that the right ball park? You don’t have to give specifics, obviously. I’m just chit-chattin’
Old 10.29.2017, 10:36 PM   #40485
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
So are you in Edmonds then? Is that the right ball park? You don’t have to give specifics, obviously. I’m just chit-chattin’

lol. That is EXACTLY where I live. Hahaha.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.29.2017, 10:41 PM   #40486
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Anyway, yeah. Living *in* Seattle is not as cool as it sounds. It’s expensive and it’s loud and people are kind of assholes. It’s not the peacenick hamlet it’s made out to be. Not since tech infiltrated and turned it into a pretty proper metropolitan area. If I were to move back to Washington, I would ABSOLUTELY love outside the city. Maybe even like half and hour or an hour out. Anacortes maybe. Or something like that. Bellevue or Redmond or Ravenna if I had (lots of) money.

Yeah....Bellevue is like....crazy nice. I can't see myself living there. It's...like too nice...I'd feel out of place all the time. We went for a stroll through the town and everything was clean and like perfect. It felt sort of empty at the same time....Not like a ghost town or anything, but there was this really weird vibe to that town. I'd live in Seattle maybe for a year to really test it out. I think I'd try to stay by Pioneer Square maybe....other than the homeless there I think it's a really neat little area.
Old 10.30.2017, 09:35 AM   #40487
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Yeah....Bellevue is like....crazy nice. I can't see myself living there. It's...like too nice...I'd feel out of place all the time. We went for a stroll through the town and everything was clean and like perfect. It felt sort of empty at the same time....Not like a ghost town or anything, but there was this really weird vibe to that town. I'd live in Seattle maybe for a year to really test it out. I think I'd try to stay by Pioneer Square maybe....other than the homeless there I think it's a really neat little area.

I lived in Bellevue shortly, for about 9 months. It’s definitely weird, especially when you have this done-up downtown, and then that shithole Factoria on the other side of the residential area.

Think that’s weird, try Mercer Island. My god, that place is like another planet. I had friends from there, and I’d stay at their houses on weekends, and it was surreal and terrifying in a way I will probably never be able to pinpoint. I’ve never had a lot of money, but I’ve never really been poor. Always considered myself fortunate. These folks live in multi-million dollar homes and have a little cottage industry built around serving them. My friends didn’t even think they were rich. Unsettling. Course this was a long time ago, so maybe it’s different now. Probably not.

Some nice places in the city are Queen Anne and First Hill. “Nice” is relative of course, but they’re cool. Semi-affordable. I wouldn’t live in Pioneer Square.

Hey get out to a Seahawks game while you’re in town. Seattle’s actually kind of good at football, turns out. Huskies are worth seeing too. Also a good team.

Man, I do miss it there. Kind of a lot.
Old 10.30.2017, 09:37 AM   #40488
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
lol. That is EXACTLY where I live. Hahaha.

Coolio. My grandfather lived there, so I’d visit a lot back in the early ‘90s, before he passed. There are definitely worse places to be.
Old 10.30.2017, 10:37 AM   #40489
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Man, I do miss it there. Kind of a lot.
so why not go back? what’s keeping you where you are?
Old 10.30.2017, 12:44 PM   #40490
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
so why not go back? what’s keeping you where you are?

Well, there’s the house I’m living in. We (my family) own it. My mother is in her mid-60s and nearby, so that’s something. She’s still working so she doesn’t have time to check up on the house, so it’s my responsibility. Gotta try and finish some work on it and sell it before I can really consider leaving, and that’s if I wanted to leave my mother.

Also, kinda fallen into a career here. Totally imperfect, but slowly getting better. I’ve actually been recommended for a promotion, which is kind of big. If I were to get that, I’d be making a commitment to stay where I am for a few more years. If I don’t get it, I’ll seek work elsewhere. If I find work in my field (or one of my prior fields) that pays well enough, I’ll consider moving. If said work is in WA, then so be it. But that’s a lot of “ifs.”

I’m in a really weird place right now.
Old 10.30.2017, 01:30 PM   #40491
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Well, there’s the house I’m living in. We (my family) own it. My mother is in her mid-60s and nearby, so that’s something. She’s still working so she doesn’t have time to check up on the house, so it’s my responsibility. Gotta try and finish some work on it and sell it before I can really consider leaving, and that’s if I wanted to leave my mother.

Also, kinda fallen into a career here. Totally imperfect, but slowly getting better. I’ve actually been recommended for a promotion, which is kind of big. If I were to get that, I’d be making a commitment to stay where I am for a few more years. If I don’t get it, I’ll seek work elsewhere. If I find work in my field (or one of my prior fields) that pays well enough, I’ll consider moving. If said work is in WA, then so be it. But that’s a lot of “ifs.”

I’m in a really weird place right now.

yeah i knew about the house, but a house can be sold (unless it’s underwater, but even then, you can eat the losses if you must).

and a career if it’s a good one will have opportunities (and i’m sure better ones) elsewhere. i thought you had a promotion already with more responsibility (but no money). if this is a whole new thing congrats!

right now that the economy is still doing well it’s a great time to sell houses and find jobs. i mean unemployment is very low and businesses are having a hard time finding qualified people. come the next recession it will be the opposite— nobody will buy and jobs will be scarce.

but anyway i got lost in the digression— i didn’t know your mom was nearby. i thought she was back in WA! i missed that bit of info. i thought the house in your current state was just an ex-house you had taken over and she was elsewhere, and your only reason to be there was the house.

but yeah there’s also einstein’s napkin advice, which is not to be discounted.
Old 10.30.2017, 01:39 PM   #40492
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
yeah i knew about the house, but a house can be sold (unless it’s underwater, but even then, you can eat the losses if you must).

and a career if it’s a good one will have opportunities (and i’m sure better ones) elsewhere. i thought you had a promotion already with more responsibility (but no money). if this is a whole new thing congrats!

right now that the economy is still doing well it’s a great time to sell houses and find jobs. i mean unemployment is very low and businesses are having a hard time finding qualified people. come the next recession it will be the opposite— nobody will buy and jobs will be scarce.

but anyway i got lost in the digression— i didn’t know your mom was nearby. i thought she was back in WA! i missed that bit of info. i thought the one in your current state was just an ex-house you had taken over and she was elsewhere and your only reason to be there was the house.

but yeah there’s also einstein’s napkin advice, which is not to be discounted.

Kind of is an ex-house, and it kind of was the only reason I was here at first. I was supposed to fix up and get ready for market. Spent a summer or so on that, then found myself with this job, and it became and increasingly bigger deal as time passed. So I decided to live here and work here and see what happened. So far, lots.

Ma’s nearby, but the whole brood is from the Pacific Northwest. My mother and I, and an uncle in NYC, are the only people in the fam who don’t live on the West Coast.

The promotion is a new promotion.
Old 10.30.2017, 01:58 PM   #40493
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

oh hey that is great
Old 10.30.2017, 08:50 PM   #40494
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

My girlfriend currently works in Queens Anne. It’s nice...we actually like to go to the theatre there.

Hahah..why wouldn’t you live in Pioneer Square?
Old 11.05.2017, 06:56 AM   #40495
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Fuck me, furniture buying can be stressful.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2017, 09:33 AM   #40496
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
Nice! I lived in Seattle for 10 years before moving to Eugene, OR (due to housing prices). I lived in Montlake, Fremont, Ballard & Brier. My favorite neighborhood out of those was Fremont, but I liked my Brier house best..
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2017, 09:57 AM   #40497
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Fuck me, furniture buying can be stressful.
so spare yourself the stress and the expense and just don’t!

why suffer?

listen: don’t listen to me. i’m completely nuts.

but srsly: mobility is nobility, as tim leary would often repeat
Old 11.05.2017, 10:52 AM   #40498
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
My girlfriend currently works in Queens Anne. It’s nice...we actually like to go to the theatre there.

Hahah..why wouldn’t you live in Pioneer Square?

Just not my ideal neighborhood, but again, I wouldn’t live anywhere in the city-city if I had a choice in the matter. I’d love on the outskirts... probably pretty far out. Somewhere quiet and family-friendly. Weird shit was always going down in Pioneer Square when I was in the area.
Old 11.05.2017, 11:42 AM   #40499
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
so spare yourself the stress and the expense and just don’t!

why suffer?

listen: don’t listen to me. i’m completely nuts.

but srsly: mobility is nobility, as tim leary would often repeat

Haha thing is I've just moved from one pokey bedsit to a full blown flat (going up in the world here) so there's a few things I want.

Especially this 1960s rug

The 1960s never looked so good

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2017, 12:27 PM   #40500
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Haha thing is I've just moved from one pokey bedsit to a full blown flat (going up in the world here) so there's a few things I want.

Especially this 1960s rug

The 1960s never looked so good
wow!

ha ha. well. if you want the rug, get the rug! it should hold the place together... how did the dude put it? can’t recall the exact words

but maybe just take a deep breath before adding any “accoutrements” and... try living like a bedouin a bit?

look at that proud, and elegant man. he’s ready to gtfo in 30 minutes without having to rent a damn uhaul or pester his friends.
1525192519752015202220232024 2025 202620272028203520752125 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth