Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page heroin
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.05.2008, 02:54 PM   #1
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
ive seen some posts here recently referring to heroin. and im wondering could someone with some knowledge on the subject help clear up a few questions about it.

i dont completly understand the nature of addiction to heroin. say you became addicted and kicked it - after you have kicked it do you have any cravings for it at all?

is it possible to get on heroin, kick it and then never go on it again for the rest of yr life?

how easy is it to resist the temptation to get back on it after you have kicked it?

i know its linked to dopamine, would that mean it would be almost impossible for a schizophrenic to kick it and stay clean?

if anyone can enlighten me i would much appreciate it. ive never tried heroin, but knowing me its something i probably might do at some point.

thanks.
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.05.2008, 02:58 PM   #2
deflinus
expwy. to yr skull

deflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's asses
i dont know anything about heroin. but ive read, once you're hooked - you're hooked on it for the rest of your life.
deflinus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.05.2008, 02:58 PM   #3
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ni'k
ive seen some posts here recently referring to heroin. and im wondering could someone with some knowledge on the subject help clear up a few questions about it.

i dont completly understand the nature of addiction to heroin. say you became addicted and kicked it - after you have kicked it do you have any cravings for it at all?

is it possible to get on heroin, kick it and then never go on it again for the rest of yr life?

how easy is it to resist the temptation to get back on it after you have kicked it?

i know its linked to dopamine, would that mean it would be almost impossible for a schizophrenic to kick it and stay clean?

if anyone can enlighten me i would much appreciate it. ive never tried heroin, but knowing me its something i probably might do at some point.

thanks.
don't do drugs or drugs will DO you.
Old 09.05.2008, 02:59 PM   #4
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
yeah, you have cravings for anything you get addicted to and quit. it's like quitting smoking or whatever, you'll still have cravings because if you get addicted to anything...food, sex, drugs, cigs, your brain becomes permanently wired to be an addict.
it is possible to kick a smack habit and never do it again but it would take a very strong willed person to manage something like that. the majority of those who get addicted to it and quit don't stay clean forever.
i have no clue about the dopamine thing.
hope this helps.
Old 09.05.2008, 03:00 PM   #5
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
don't even fucking try.
Old 09.05.2008, 03:01 PM   #6
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by greedrex
don't even fucking try.
who the fuck are you talking to?
Old 09.05.2008, 03:07 PM   #7
greedrex
invito al cielo

haha chill. I'm talking to ni'k.
Old 09.05.2008, 03:07 PM   #8
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

just checking

yeah i honestly wouldn't advise doing heroin because sooner or later it will probably come back and bite you in the ass. quitting isn't the bitch, staying off the shit is.
Old 09.05.2008, 03:09 PM   #9
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
ni'k, you should totally post yr thread there

http://www.theantidrug.com/Advice/chronicles-forum.aspx
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.05.2008, 03:20 PM   #10
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I've taken methadone, which is used to ween people off of heroin. It's uh... pretty overwhelming as a drug. I don't reccomend it.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.05.2008, 03:23 PM   #11
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Heroin addiction is a very very terrible thing. It deprives your brain receptors of their natural dopamine, actually overloading them with the synthetic opiates, so much that heavy users have sever damage to those receptors in their brain,, so even after the quit they suffere from a lot of issues, from sleeplessness to hallucinations to seizures sometimes.
kicking any habit is difficult, but with heroin, it is actually doable in a short span of time. kicking cigarretes is simple, you stop buying them and stop smoking them. the wtihdrawls are bad, but nothing like heroin withdrawls as your brain is literally starving for the dopamie and other neurological chemicals your brain stopped making. your body will spasm, tweakeing itself into pain and terrible headaches. with cigarretes it is mainly headaches, tension, irritability, all things one can cope with

with heroin or any opiate, it is much more intense. Miles Davis went to his dad's farm, asked his dad to lock him up in one of the farm house's rooms, and feed him once a day until he felt he had kicked it. it took him some weeks, but he never went near heroin again. he said the worst pain he had ever felt was in those weeks, locked away howling in agony.

he was a HEAVY user.
it is different for all people.

eric clapton was a functioning junkie for the past 30 years and only just quit for good late last year.
Old 09.05.2008, 03:25 PM   #12
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
sadly, if you have the money and the support group around you, you can be a junkie for life and get by, with near minimal ill effects, compared to methamphetamine or crack coaine addiction, which wastes you away little by little.

that is why the rich have never stopped using heroin.
Old 09.05.2008, 03:25 PM   #13
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

heroin withdrawal sucks ass but it's not nearly how they make it out to be in the media. it's like having the worst flu of your life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

that is why the rich have never stopped using heroin.

heh heh
Old 09.05.2008, 03:26 PM   #14
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
heroin withdrawal sucks ass but it's not nearly how they make it out to be in the media. it's like having the worst flu of your life.

that's for light to moderate users cantank.

for the heavy addicts, it is almost as bad as portrayed.
Old 09.05.2008, 03:27 PM   #15
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
that's for light to moderate users cantank.

for the heavy addicts, it is almost as bad as portrayed.

have YOU ever been addicted to heroin?
Old 09.05.2008, 03:28 PM   #16
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

no thanks. I have had two friends though, one commited suicide after trying to kick twice. another has only now begun to fix his life, after years of dirfting/homelessness.

the media overplay it to strike fear into the kids, of course.
Old 09.05.2008, 03:31 PM   #17
greedrex
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
have YOU ever been addicted to heroin?

haha there we go. I knew this thread would light the fire.

GO!
Old 09.05.2008, 03:32 PM   #18
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
no thanks. I have had two friends though, one commited suicide after trying to kick twice. another has only now begun to fix his life, after years of dirfting/homelessness.

the media overplay it to strike fear into the kids, of course.

oh great, well i have. maybe i can handle myself better than most people.
Old 09.05.2008, 03:35 PM   #19
Crumb's Crunchy Delights
expwy. to yr skull

Crumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard sucka
haha, you bad(dumb)ass
Crumb's Crunchy Delights is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.05.2008, 03:36 PM   #20
greedrex
invito al cielo

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth