Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Damned you Gun lovin America!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.27.2008, 08:12 PM   #1
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
When will we ever learn? Guns are a downward spiral, no good can come of them, especially things like AKs and handguns. Tell me, aside from fucking shooting somebody, what the fuck IS the legitimate and proper use of a handgun and therefore why does anyone really need to own one to begin with!

america is crazy. the 2nd ammendment is old news, they had slaves and killed indians for fun back then too, but only redneck confederates still believe in that, and yet we should keep the guns as well? I say like slaves, guns should be out.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.27.2008, 08:13 PM   #2
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
i've got a rifle because it's my grandpa's
and a handgun that i don't intend to use unless my life or someone else's depends on it. i would never flash it around or use it to intimidate someone, i've got a samurai sword for that.
Old 06.27.2008, 08:15 PM   #3
Anngella
expwy. to yr skull

Anngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's asses
I'm extremely paranoid everywhere I go (some is warranted, some isn't) and I would feel much safer if I had a handgun with me.
Guns aren't the only things that can kill people, they're just easy. People will always be able to obtain them, so outlawing them is pointless. May as well have them legal & regulated, in my opinion.

http://slouchingsunflowers.tumblr.com/
Anngella is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.27.2008, 08:24 PM   #4
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Well. Guns are usually a good defense against guns. I would hate to see our police force disarmed. People will always have them, and outlawing them wouldn't change a thing.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.27.2008, 08:58 PM   #5
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
i've got a rifle because it's my grandpa's
and a handgun that i don't intend to use unless my life or someone else's depends on it. i would never flash it around or use it to intimidate someone, i've got a samurai sword for that.

I wish you would pull your little handgun on me, see how quick it is mine. and that my good friend, is what happens in homes across America all the time. you dont need those guns, guns just hurt people.

Old 06.27.2008, 09:01 PM   #6
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses

demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.27.2008, 09:03 PM   #7
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
"New wave hippies don't protest, they do it on little screens."
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.27.2008, 09:04 PM   #8
Anngella
expwy. to yr skull

Anngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's asses

Old 06.27.2008, 09:09 PM   #9
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by acousticrock87
Well. Guns are usually a good defense against guns. I would hate to see our police force disarmed. People will always have them, and outlawing them wouldn't change a thing.

it is the same argument as belief.

the first step is to outlaw guns. the second step is to get rid of them. if nobody has them, nobody needs them. if you let somefolks have them, then other folks will need them. If the police carry them, I want one, because I'll be damned if some authoritarian bastard can get one-up on me for no good reason other then a heater in his possession. So I take the better ground, be the bigger man, and say I dont want one, and he dont need one.

this also means removing guns from our social culture, not just our pockets. that is out of sight and mind together, because it is in the brainwashed masses that the desire to own a gun comes from, and then such ownership inevitably leads to a person getting hurt, because thats what guns do, they hurt people. all over the world that is all they do, you only need to have a gun to defend yourself against a person with a gun, if there are no guns, then no one needs them. Our society can be maintained without guns, my argument is that it is our gun culture itself that makes it so dangerous so as to believe the need is valid. But I say, no guns, no problems, yes guns, yes problems.

The street can have the guns go away, trust me. I plead the fifth ammendment here, but know that between 1994-2004 it was impossible to find good prices on street guns [and good prices are how these things get into the streets to begin with, po folks cant afford expensive guns] and in Cali where handguns are extremely regulated, it is very difficult to find street pistols. The overall gun-related homicide rates are down every year since 1992, and it is in the 90s that regulations began, so the laws and regulations have been a success. There are less guns in California thanks to prohibition and restrictions. I normally am opposed to big government, but the distribution of weapons is a serious matter, life and death.

Old 06.27.2008, 09:11 PM   #10
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

FN/FAL Imbel .308 Battle Rifle, semi auto, these rifles start as original imported Imbel part kits , they are factory built on a Metric Entreprise Arms type 3 receiver made of 4140 steel , the rifle is totally refinished in Mil Spec Zinc Phosphate ,they feature a 21 inch threaded barrel with a Zero climb muzzle brake ,original synthetic stock set, weight 9.8 lbs ,length 43 inches , ships with owners info , 20 round mag and backed up by a limited lifetime factory warranty. These are a resonably priced FAL factory built rifle and not the junky worn out part kits guns built by others.

Old 06.27.2008, 09:11 PM   #11
Anngella
expwy. to yr skull

^And how do you suggest doing that?

Old 06.27.2008, 09:13 PM   #12
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

look at some of the shit you can buy in america, its like livin in a warzone

some more crazy shit

Old 06.27.2008, 09:14 PM   #13
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Good points. I always find it a little saddening how Hollywood does its best to cut out people smoking cigarettes in its movies because it sends out the 'wrong message', but has no problem whatsoever showing some fucker wandering around brandishing a M60.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.27.2008, 09:18 PM   #14
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anngella
^And how do you suggest doing that?

the way we have been doing it in Cali for ten years now, stop selling the mother fuckers! stop issuing permits for the mother fuckers! suddenly, you find them dissappearing off the streets, and therefore if the streets dont have them, then the people in their houses also will not need them.

Old 06.27.2008, 09:24 PM   #15
Anngella
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
the way we have been doing it in Cali for ten years now, stop selling the mother fuckers! stop issuing permits for the mother fuckers! suddenly, you find them dissappearing off the streets, and therefore if the streets dont have them, then the people in their houses also will not need them.
Uh, people can still get them illegally. Especially if people really want to kill someone - they'll get their guns. It also increases the demand for them to be illegally shipped. It's impossible to completely remove every single gun from a country, unless you build a fucking wall around it --- talk about a warzone.

Old 06.27.2008, 09:27 PM   #16
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
the second step is to get rid of them. if nobody has them, nobody needs them.
Weapons have not decreased in the history of mankind. To suggest that it will take a turn after all this time is like suggesting the laws of physics will reverse so we can populate the stars and not worry about overpopulation. It's just wishful thinking. Jaded idealism. There will always be guns.
Old 06.27.2008, 09:28 PM   #17
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
I should buy a hand gun and shoot shit in the desert like Hunter S. Thompson.

pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.27.2008, 09:49 PM   #18
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anngella
Uh, people can still get them illegally. Especially if people really want to kill someone - they'll get their guns.

you have not been listening. I already told you that because of restrictions in sales, the guns on the streets have declined, from my own personal experience, let alone all the past decade of california statistics.

You dont understand the circle of your argument, you say, that you need a gun to defend yourself against people who will get them from the street if they really want to kill you, but dont you even know where most street guns come from? They fell off a truck at the gun shop that was trying to sell them in fear to you. They get stolen out of your bedroom, where you stashed it to protect yourself against somebody who didn't have one till they got yours. in other words, just as california has proved, if you take away the legal guns, you take away the illegal guns. stop believing the lies of the NRA, they just want to sell you more fucking guns! the bias is brutally obvious...

Old 06.27.2008, 09:50 PM   #19
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by acousticrock87
Weapons have not decreased in the history of mankind. To suggest that it will take a turn after all this time is like suggesting the laws of physics will reverse so we can populate the stars and not worry about overpopulation. It's just wishful thinking. Jaded idealism. There will always be guns.

what you are saying is stupid. look at california's experience, and then you will find that gun ownership is not a rule of physics, it is a privilege that has been too long abused, and can be easily taken away.

Old 06.27.2008, 09:56 PM   #20
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

California is one place, and 10 years is a very short time. Gang violence is down because of some guy whose name I forgot, who structured various types of police crackdowns in strategic areas. Guns are down because police are up, and police function with guns. Not all of the effective methods involved guns (many involved rehab and churches), and L.A. in particular has been doing well lately. MacArthur Park is down from, what, hundreds of murders every year to a good 4-5 years with none at all? (Except for that extortion shooting recently.) But guns in the world society are a constant, and they'll come back to L.A., too. We get guns smuggled in from other countries, and other countries don't want us happy and functional. It's an endless cycle.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth