Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Open letters to people who won't read them
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.18.2007, 06:32 PM   #21
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
skull...i have a moustache now bby. :-)

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.18.2007, 06:35 PM   #22
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Dear MYSTERY WOMAN,

I don't know why I want to ask you out, to be honest. You listen to Lily Allen, and I hate Lily Allen, and I know if we were going out I'd have to listen to Lily Allen with you. You don't share my enthusiasm for country music, as far as I know. I haven't bothered to ask, but from what detective work I've done, I know you don't own anything with Emmylou Harris on it. You don't look like Suzi Quatro either, so you can't possibly be my dream woman, but for some reason I really want to ask you out on a date somewhere.

Perhaps it's that poem about prostitution you wrote and asked me to read, or the way you get every one of my jokes- actually, it's the way you understand my whole life is a running joke, and I'm really not like that. That upper-class accent you have going on is awfully dapper. Suave, one could say. Bloody hell. I don't even want a girlfriend! I haven't the time to make anybody else happy, I'm having enough trouble making myself happy in the time I have between doing all this coursework for college and sleeping and keeping up appearances. And before you know it, I'll have left the country for a foreign education. What good am I? No good. But I really want to ask you out and I want you to say yes.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.18.2007, 06:59 PM   #23
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by val-holla-ing
oh god. southern comfort is the most disgusting thing i've ever tasted, next to baba ghanoush and peas.

SoCo is of the Gods.
Old 11.18.2007, 07:03 PM   #24
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

cryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's asses
Check out the rap kingpin, summertime fine jewelry drippin
Face in the box, I seen your ear twitchin as soon as I drove off
cryptowonderdruginvogue is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.18.2007, 10:34 PM   #25
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
Everything I've written in the past few weeks has pretty much been a letter to someone who will never read them.
Or will read them if they happen to go on my blog and read them, and they will probably fill in the blanks and realize they're about them... they're pretty blatant right now...

I'm not gonna post them, 'cos they're really pretty dumb.

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
k-krack is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.18.2007, 10:35 PM   #26
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Himself
Dear MYSTERY WOMAN,

I don't know why I want to ask you out, to be honest. You listen to Lily Allen, and I hate Lily Allen, and I know if we were going out I'd have to listen to Lily Allen with you. You don't share my enthusiasm for country music, as far as I know. I haven't bothered to ask, but from what detective work I've done, I know you don't own anything with Emmylou Harris on it. You don't look like Suzi Quatro either, so you can't possibly be my dream woman, but for some reason I really want to ask you out on a date somewhere.

Perhaps it's that poem about prostitution you wrote and asked me to read, or the way you get every one of my jokes- actually, it's the way you understand my whole life is a running joke, and I'm really not like that. That upper-class accent you have going on is awfully dapper. Suave, one could say. Bloody hell. I don't even want a girlfriend! I haven't the time to make anybody else happy, I'm having enough trouble making myself happy in the time I have between doing all this coursework for college and sleeping and keeping up appearances. And before you know it, I'll have left the country for a foreign education. What good am I? No good. But I really want to ask you out and I want you to say yes.

Fuckin' righteous, Danny boy. I totally remember you talking about this chiiiiick! HAHAHA!

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
k-krack is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.19.2007, 12:53 AM   #27
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamingskull
he is not like this with other females

Probably because he recognizes that you are smarter than most people he meets (most people here will agree with me when I say that you really are an intelligent person and you express yourself well); he likes you but might be afraid of you at the same time. That's not a reason to change how you are, though. Maybe you just need to be up front and tell him not to be so scared; that he is obviously on your good side and you aren't going to judge him harshly.

Quote:
can you ever be best friends with the opposite sex?

You can, without a doubt, but that won't stop you from wanting to do each other.

Quote:
is there something seriously wrong with me?

No. Believe me, I have asked myself the same thing. Fostering relationships will probably always be more difficult for some of us than it is for others. It's because there is suddenly another person brought into the equasion. I know I am much better at things that don't require me to take another person into consideration. Most of my favorite hobbies are solitary activites. So I have learned not to require the company of another person for me to be content, and I think a lot of people don't understand this (and this might deter them from pursuing relationships with people like us, if indeed you are the same way. Most people like to feel as if they are needed, and they might think that ultimately we won't need them enough).

Quote:
what does she have that i don't have?
does she have nothing, but he met her first?

She is probably easier to understand than you are. Even if she hadn't come first, this guy might still be too intimidated by you to do anything. My senior year of high school, I had this guy come up to me who I had been going to school with for the past 12 years. He said that for a number of years he'd had a crush on me, but was too scared to do anything about it. Was he the only one? I have no idea.

Quote:
why has he singled me out of my entire class?

Possibly because he has never met someone like yourself before. Enjoys your company because you don't put on an act for him like a lot of girls sometimes do? Who knows. This part sounds very similar to what has happened to me so for this I am speaking from personal experience. Seriously, I have class with this guy every day, and Sculpture is over 80% female (with him being one of the two guys in class). All of the other girls in class are kind toward him; he is technically in Sculpture II while all the rest of us are in Sculpture I, so he knows more than we do. But I was the only one who didn't act like he was better than us. Actually, I acted like I was better than him, just to see how much he could take (and because he kind of pissed me off at first for no valid reason whatsoever) and whether he was cool with it. He was; I reassessed my opinion of him (which is something that I've done multiple times since then as well) and even told him so. Turns out we actually have shit in common, who knew. But I still wasn't thinking of him in any kind of romantic way. At least not until another girl in my class approached me with her suspicions that he was obviously harboring some kind of crush on me. So I thought, you know, what would that be like? I can't say I'm ever really looking for someone to date, but I am willing to make an effort every now and then. Give someone a chance and all that. But after having this girl badger me about it nonstop, and even confront the guy about whether he felt this way (even though I specifically asked her not to, because it's none of her business or even my business what he feels unless he chooses to make it our business), it kind of lost its appeal (at least the way it was going did). If something worked itself out on its own, without anyone else's involvement, that would be all right. But for now I am not going to concern myself with it, and just hope that everyone who got involved loses interest also. I got tired of hearing about it, and I got tired of other people trying to control aspects of my life. I don't do that to other people, and I don't understand what makes other people do it to me. Why would anyone care? I don't think there was anything in it for them. Anyway, I've hung out with this guy a few times since, and things have pretty much gotten back to the way they were before, which I like. We've never talked about it though. I remember one day I was going to confront him before class, because it's usually just the two of us and I didn't want anyone else to hear, and I told myself that if I didn't say anything that day, I never would, and I would just keep pretending like nothing weird ever happened. But then two other people showed up before class to work on their art, and I wasn't able to catch him alone. Maybe that's a good thing, but I really think that what I would have said would have been a good thing for him to hear. I was going to tell him to just ignore this girl who was hassling him, that it didn't have anything to do with me. And her suspicions didn't have any impact on my opinion of him or how I planned on treating him. And that they were all being enormous twats, etc. He looked really sexy in class the other day, I should have said something about that too.

So, my open letter to Robert, AKA Karl:

You really did look sexy in class the other day. I wondered why I thought you looked so much more appealing that day than all the others, when I suddenly realized that we were both wearing jeans, a white shirt, and a green jacket. I decided I looked better in them, but I admire your efforts nonetheless. Also, I was stunned to find that you are fond of both Erasure and T. Rex. What are the odds Robert? You have been hanging around Adam too much. Adam is even cuter than you are, and given the chance I would ride off into the sunset with him, but he is off-limits because he is married and is the teacher.

Sincerely,
Rebecca, AKA Axl

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.19.2007, 01:00 AM   #28
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I really hate all of this, all of this is really upsetting me, life is no short for all of this. I wish that i could just be honest, but i won't, i will sit back and carry on as if i feel nothing, and he won't know that the ball is in his court. Nothing will happen, probably because i don't deserve it, i haven't in the past, why would i now? Is it fate? Luck? Karma?

i really don't know what to do
i am confused
he is confusing me
he has a girlfriend
he loves his girlfriend
he is committed
although he is leading me on
are we more than friends?
probably not
he is not like this with other females
not like this at all
are we just best friends?
can you ever be best friends with the opposite sex?
how do i really feel about him?
is there any chance what so ever for me and him?
why have my friends found partners and i have not?
is there something seriously wrong with me?
why have i not found a partner yet?
all of my friends have had serious long term relationships
some have had more than one, on two!
am i being punished?
is this Karma?
is he my university romance?
my parents met at university
it seems to be a meeting ground for couples
will his long distance relationship last?
do long distance relationships ever work?
how does he feel about me?
will i ever have what my friends have?
am i doing something wrong?
if so, what should i be doing?
what will the future hold for me and him?
will this be another "learning experience" (aka, my relationship with Alec the asshole)
will he leave the university to be closer to his girlfriend?
what does she have that i don't have?
does she have nothing, but he met her first?
why has he singled me out of my entire class?
thats a lot of people, why me?

confused in the rainy suburbs.

You should just marry me and we can move to Egypt and be cotton farmers on the Nile River delta.

That's actually pretty much what my open letter would look like to several different girls.

"marry me and lets move some place ridiculous and make a living on a horrible job"

usually it is alaska to become lumberjacks, sometimes it is "whereever the train takes us to be a drifter"
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.19.2007, 05:25 AM   #29
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Right Rose, gotta ask and this is going off what's been said by you, but have you asked him out? It happens in this day and age. Hell he's probably just shy too.

I know I'm butting in so if it's not what you want just tell em to piddle/piss off.

i can't, i would but he has a girlfriend.
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.19.2007, 06:22 AM   #30
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxinterior
You can, without a doubt, but that won't stop you from wanting to do each other.

Didn't read the whole thread, just wanted to point out that you ALWAYS have the right answers. Applause. I'm dead serious.
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.19.2007, 06:33 AM   #31
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
s/scull - perhaps you should ask him out anyway. Yeah, I know he has a girlfriend already, but it could turn out that things aren't great with her but he needs a push to do something about that. There is, of course, the risk that things are fine with her and he freaks out that you've asked, but you have to decide whether that might be better for you than getting yourself in a state about your feelings for him.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.19.2007, 10:15 AM   #32
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
i can't, i would but he has a girlfriend.

Pfft nevr worry about that. See what SonicL says?. Sure you'll be known as a relationship breaker. Actually don't do that...hmm you got a tough one thre, love.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.19.2007, 01:02 PM   #33
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
mmmm hmmm, i am just going to carry on as things are, he actually asked me out for a drink after uni tomorrow, but then someone else invited themselves along.
Old 11.19.2007, 01:05 PM   #34
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Lose that other person at all costs. He may have noticed the way your are with him, and want to say "look, you're nice but...", he may have noticed the way you look at him and want to say "I'm wild about you", he must just be being a mate, but you'll never know which when there's some third party hanging about all evening.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.19.2007, 01:08 PM   #35
screamingskull
invito al cielo

i know, we were both pretty miffed that he invited himself along, but he's also a mate so we are being nice. I am going to try and spend some time alone with him over lunch.

I am trying so hard not to get my hopes up, so so so so hard.
Old 11.19.2007, 01:14 PM   #36
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Follow him into the men's room and corner him in a stall.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.19.2007, 01:22 PM   #37
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
are men really worth it?

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.19.2007, 01:24 PM   #38
Torn Curtain
invito al cielo

Torn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicfit
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxinterior

Didn't read the whole thread, just wanted to point out that you ALWAYS have the right answers. Applause. I'm dead serious.

Serge Gainsbourg said he didn't believe in friendship with the oppposite sex as there's always the possibility of attraction.
Torn Curtain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.19.2007, 01:54 PM   #39
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
the possibility of attraction is there even between 2 men and even if they're not gay he he.
No, seriously, in my opinion friendship isn't something that exclude attraction. maybe the opposite, actually. And it's not a matter of pure sexual attraction, it's somethiong "subtler" hard to explain...
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.19.2007, 01:57 PM   #40
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
ha ha

apparently gainsbourg didnt need to wait for friendship
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth