Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Most Dangerous Drugs
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.07.2008, 12:46 PM   #41
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses

GLOSSARY
Benzodiazepines: Wide-ranging class of prescription tranquilisers
Buprenorphine: Opioid drug used in treatment of opiate addiction
4-MTA: Amphetamine derivative sold as 'flatliners' and ecstasy
Methylphenidate: Amphetamine-like drug used to treat ADHD
Alkyl nitrites: Stimulant often called amyl nitrites or 'poppers'

The paper

The BBC report

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.07.2008, 12:51 PM   #42
raging_nelly
stalker

raging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's asses
they also said on this programme that you cant have four cigarrets without becoming addicted and there is no such thing as a social smoker

bollocks to that

iv had about 40 and i still only smoke when im realyl pissed at a party or something...

www.myspace.com/myboyslashmygirl

www.dischordmusic.blogspot.com

raging_nelly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.07.2008, 12:52 PM   #43
m1rr0r dash
invito al cielo

m1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's asses
everybody's so concerned about heroin and marijuana and all that, until they forget the most dangerousest narcotic that exists, and that's the narcotic that's injected into the minds of infants... it's called social narcotics...

m1rr0r dash is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.07.2008, 01:35 PM   #44
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
Addicts are never recovered. You're an idiot.

he's not an idiot per se. he's a Compulsive Clown®

!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.07.2008, 01:53 PM   #45
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses

I'm not bad, I'm just programmed that way.

PS: !@@#$%!, don't ruin the poor guy's fun.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.07.2008, 02:06 PM   #46
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Hayden is alright. He just mistook you for a serious person.
Old 02.07.2008, 02:12 PM   #47
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
strong with the power of nonobservancey, he is.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.07.2008, 02:48 PM   #48
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
The physical withdrawls of heroin only take about a week or two. The real challenge is having to stay off of it afterwards. Your body recovers quite quickly and the damage is surprisingly minimal compared to smoking or drinking for prolonged periods of time.

It all really depends on what you've been using, the amounts you've been taking and the duration of the addiction.

A no-win situation in most cases.
Tokolosh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.07.2008, 02:50 PM   #49
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
ciggs are still pretty horrible. if you smoke enough it pretty much garantees you that the last few years of your life are going to be a living hell where even walking to the bathroom can be too much effort.
JUST SAY NO :-)
i quit a year ago.

btw i have a question,
what is the actual reason that marajuana in illegal?
there seems to be no logical reason....

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.07.2008, 02:53 PM   #50
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
One of the main reasons besides it being "bad" for you, is because it's still widely sold backdoor,
and involves tax evasion.
Think about it.
Tokolosh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.07.2008, 03:03 PM   #51
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazifan
btw i have a question,
what is the actual reason that marajuana in illegal?
there seems to be no logical reason....

it's harmful if consumed in excess but so it is with alcohol (worse even, alkies are serious bad news), cigarettes, etc.

the best explanations i've read are socioeconomic-- in food of the gods, this guy what's his name, says that hallucinogens are bad for the industrial lifestyle, and that's why coffee, tobacco & sugar were "ok", plus etOH for relaxation but frowned upon during work hours.

these days health care costs are making cigarettes almost illegal.

anyway alvin toffler argued similarly & said that post-industrial societies didn't require the machine-like precision of the factories of old and that's why more people were smoking weed.

then there is the funny thing i read in a book in old india the warrior class ate meat and drank wine & called the brahmins a bunch of hippie potsmoking girlie men-- the brahmins smoked weed but abstained from meat & alcohol & called the warrior class a bunch of redneck barbarians. (evidently i'm "adapting" this for present-day language).

so i guess it depends on the state of mind that the economic system requires of you, that makes things either "ok" or verbotten.

anyway last week after a long week of work i felt like smoking a little reefer & cooking dinner but the thought of getting involved with criminals in order to get a miserable joint turned me away from it. a pity.
Old 02.07.2008, 03:18 PM   #52
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokolosh
One of the main reasons besides it being "bad" for you, is because it's still widely sold backdoor,
and involves tax evasion.
Think about it.
thats the thing, its not really bad for you. but it means that the goverment doesnt profit from it.
sniffing glue and airconditioning gas is probably much worse for you.
it seems that people make up excuses as to why its illegal instead of there actually being a reason to begin with...

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.07.2008, 05:56 PM   #53
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazifan
thats the thing, its not really bad for you. but it means that the goverment doesnt profit from it.
sniffing glue and airconditioning gas is probably much worse for you.
it seems that people make up excuses as to why its illegal instead of there actually being a reason to begin with...

No, there's good reasons for all drugs that are illegal being illegal, they're just not consistent with the ones that aren't illegal.

To join in with the tone of shit arguments - think about it.

Alcohol is part of a religious sacrement of certain countries; those countries have defined and dominated Western society, Western capitalism, for aeons. Alcohol formed a quintessential part of many early economies. And not merely as falling down water, as an early anaesthetic and, anthroplogically, a means of sanitising drinking water. There's studies which suggest that East-Asian countries sanitised water by decanting it; Western Europe made booze.

Something with that history might not have a rational reason for being legal now, but it has, for as long as written history in the West, so far as I can tell, been a large part of our society.

As soon as a religion with weed as its religious sacrement (some forms of Rastafari) gets a nation state, or a reasonably large enough territory, I'd be surprised if weed wasn't legalised, but it's going to be a scant occurence otherwise.

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Old 02.07.2008, 08:21 PM   #54
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1rr0r dash
everybody's so concerned about heroin and marijuana and all that, until they forget the most dangerousest narcotic that exists, and that's the narcotic that's injected into the minds of infants... it's called social narcotics...

that was one cliche pretentious statement, no offense, but were talkin chemicals here, but social conditioning.
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.07.2008, 08:21 PM   #55
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
not*
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.08.2008, 09:09 AM   #56
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
it's almost noon, shouldn't you be smoking crack already?
Thanks for reminding me. I almost forgot to whip out my stem and pop it up.
Old 02.08.2008, 10:47 PM   #57
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
No, there's good reasons for all drugs that are illegal being illegal, they're just not consistent with the ones that aren't illegal.

To join in with the tone of shit arguments - think about it.

Alcohol is part of a religious sacrement of certain countries; those countries have defined and dominated Western society, Western capitalism, for aeons. Alcohol formed a quintessential part of many early economies. And not merely as falling down water, as an early anaesthetic and, anthroplogically, a means of sanitising drinking water. There's studies which suggest that East-Asian countries sanitised water by decanting it; Western Europe made booze.

Something with that history might not have a rational reason for being legal now, but it has, for as long as written history in the West, so far as I can tell, been a large part of our society.

As soon as a religion with weed as its religious sacrement (some forms of Rastafari) gets a nation state, or a reasonably large enough territory, I'd be surprised if weed wasn't legalised, but it's going to be a scant occurence otherwise.
What a lot of crap.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.09.2008, 06:43 AM   #58
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
What a lot of crap.

I'm astonished you've waited till now to point out that one of my posts is a load of crap. What are you, sober?

Quote:
Old 02.09.2008, 06:44 AM   #59
Glice
invito al cielo

Oh, nearly forgot to call you a cunt, y'cunt.

Quote:

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth