Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.25.2014, 12:06 PM   #4881
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
woohoo, super eagles!
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.25.2014, 01:49 PM   #4882
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
DF Rojo 13

Considering how suspect Argentina's defence looks, he's been great, although maybe more as a winger than a defender.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.25.2014, 02:44 PM   #4883
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
he's really not filthier than many other players-- slaps on the nuts, pulls, elbows… happens a lot.

suárez just looks more bizarre than anyone else while he fouls his opponents. it's psychologically disturbing. it's a throwback to infancy, as opposed to the more grownup hurting of genitals. hence, scandal.

Don't know if you know this picture. From what I remember Vinnie Jones said to Gazza straight after it "Stay there, I'll be back to soon" Dirty playing at its best.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.25.2014, 03:20 PM   #4884
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
That was a hell of a game between Argentina and Nigeria.

Fantastic goals by both teams.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.25.2014, 05:01 PM   #4885
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
That was a hell of a game between Argentina and Nigeria.

Fantastic goals by both teams.

to mirror demonrail's post about yesterday's italy-uruguay, i don't me to be a contrarian just for the fuck of it but i couldn't get into the argentina-nigeria, ha ha ha.

too… i don't know… sloppy? i didn't see a real tactical battle. just lots of disorganized attacking. the same thing happened with the colombia game-- started "fun", disintegrated after 20 minutes, and didn't reconstitute until the coach put in a midfielder, which stabilized things.

and argentina without messi is still a non-entity.

---

ecuador just fucked themselves. played mostly like they were defending the tie where they needed a win to go through.

the game itself was shit until ecuador got a player thrown out. it was still shit though, but slightly more entertaining at times because the ecuadoreans threw themselves forward, but only briefly.

what a shit day for games. i finally was able to get some office work done.

tomorrow, however….

!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.25.2014, 05:02 PM   #4886
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt

Don't know if you know this picture. From what I remember Vinnie Jones said to Gazza straight after it "Stay there, I'll be back to soon" Dirty playing at its best.

oh! ive seen that before but didn't know who they were, ha ha ha

thanks!
Old 06.25.2014, 05:42 PM   #4887
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
i couldn't get into the argentina-nigeria ... i didn't see a real tactical battle. just lots of disorganized attacking. ... argentina without messi is still a non-entity.

Obviously a completely different game to the Italy-Uruguay one, but I did really enjoy it. Not a tactical battle, as you say, but some really good attacking play from both sides. And I'm not sure I agree about the Messi point. He's obviously their main man but I thought Di Maria was excellent and on another day could've easily scored a couple himself. And as weak as they seem in defence, I love Zabaleta and been really impressed with Rojo, who I didn't know anything about prior to the WC - although I'm not sure he's actually a defender. in any conventional sense.

I ultimately came away thinking Argentina had finally become everything the pundits had predicted, both good and bad: they're great going forward but clearly very suspect at the back.
Old 06.25.2014, 05:51 PM   #4888
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Uruguay's coach is such a tool. Why won't he just apologize? Why blame the Italians or the British media, WE ALL FUCKING SAW IT LIVE ON TELEVISION. Its no conspiracy. Its no witch hunt. Y'ALL FUCKED UP, PERIOD.

They are clearly the Villains of this World Cup, AGAIN.. The entire world knows Suarez fucked up. It wasn't the typical "dirty play" it crossed a line even among dirty plays. A "My Bad" from the entire team, let alone Suarez and the coach is crucial to move on. The whole world feels like they cheated, TWICE to advance. In other words, they need to do some damage control and fast.

Why would you want to be the hated team in the world? Why not just accept fault when there clearly was a wrong? Why throw gas instead of cooling water on the flames?

Honestly, I hope they not only ban Suarez, but suspend the coach like they did Jurgen Klinsmann in the Gold Cup.... Fuck Uruguay, they've lost the world's respect.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.25.2014, 06:13 PM   #4889
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Obviously a completely different game to the Italy-Uruguay one, but I did really enjoy it. Not a tactical battle, as you say, but some really good attacking play from both sides. And I'm not sure I agree about the Messi point. He's obviously their main man but I thought Di Maria was excellent and on another day could've easily scored a couple himself. And as weak as they seem in defence, I love Zabaleta and been really impressed with Rojo, who I didn't know anything about prior to the WC - although I'm not sure he's actually a defender. in any conventional sense.

I ultimately came away thinking Argentina had finally become everything the pundits had predicted, both good and bad: they're great going forward but clearly very suspect at the back.

right, my problem was that it wasn't so much good attacking as poor defending in my eyes. so you get flashes but they are kind of easy. no real glory.

re: messi/di maria. yes di maria's shot to the goalpost is what enabled messi's first goal, and the man does run, but after sabella took out messi, di maria was tired and couldn't run much.

btw, sabella himself has publicly recognized some of this. check it out:
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3841/...-messi-sabella

rojo as you said earlier is more winger than defender. while he scored, how do you judge him on defense? i wasn't paying 100% attention so i didn't observe him closely.

my dissatisfaction i suppose has more to do with the fact that i expected argentina to be much better. they qualified #1 in conmebol, and they ought to "represent" a little better, and if you take out messi's goals there is very little production. same as brazil without neymar.

in that regard i think chile and colombia have done much better. sure, they have their indispensables, but they are also more of a "team" proper and they have made a good impression-- no?
Old 06.26.2014, 12:40 AM   #4890
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2014, 02:16 AM   #4891
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah Suarez, you dick

That's one for demonrail (if my memory is right)

Old 06.26.2014, 03:02 AM   #4892
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
France qualified in a poor way.
The coach's choice to field a team with many changes, if fine for the players, allowing them to commit themselves and think they're relied on, did not pay.
After that draw, they may believe they're second choice and lose a bit of hope. Those who played the first games, on the other hand, might feel safe and pay less attention.
Deschamps' looks told he was anxious. He wanted a result.

Ecuador left on a good note - apart from AValencia.
Sakho and Giroud could have been carded for their elbowing too.

I wished they'd face Argentina, which improved but still relies a bit too much on Messi.
Having him subbed when leading 3-2 meant it gave his partners a test to see how well they could do 30 minutes against some fine opposition.
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2014, 03:29 AM   #4893
Blood_Promise
bad moon rising

Blood_Promise kicks all y'all's assesBlood_Promise kicks all y'all's assesBlood_Promise kicks all y'all's assesBlood_Promise kicks all y'all's assesBlood_Promise kicks all y'all's assesBlood_Promise kicks all y'all's assesBlood_Promise kicks all y'all's assesBlood_Promise kicks all y'all's assesBlood_Promise kicks all y'all's assesBlood_Promise kicks all y'all's assesBlood_Promise kicks all y'all's asses
I still can't get over the fact that Italy lost. Such a disappointment. Now I'm all for Mexico (and maybe Argentina, but they haven't impressed me that much, liked them 4 years ago better with Tevez)
Blood_Promise is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2014, 08:43 AM   #4894
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
USA vs. Germany may be a no go......decision pending:

Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2014, 09:04 AM   #4895
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
Suarez is a psychotic cunt.

NINE Games and 4 months = DONE!
Old 06.26.2014, 09:07 AM   #4896
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
right, my problem was that it wasn't so much good attacking as poor defending in my eyes. so you get flashes but they are kind of easy. no real glory.

re: messi/di maria. yes di maria's shot to the goalpost is what enabled messi's first goal, and the man does run, but after sabella took out messi, di maria was tired and couldn't run much.

btw, sabella himself has publicly recognized some of this. check it out:
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3841/...-messi-sabella

rojo as you said earlier is more winger than defender. while he scored, how do you judge him on defense? i wasn't paying 100% attention so i didn't observe him closely.

my dissatisfaction i suppose has more to do with the fact that i expected argentina to be much better. they qualified #1 in conmebol, and they ought to "represent" a little better, and if you take out messi's goals there is very little production. same as brazil without neymar.

in that regard i think chile and colombia have done much better. sure, they have their indispensables, but they are also more of a "team" proper and they have made a good impression-- no?

The defending wasn't great from either team but I'd say at least two of the goals were among the best I'd seen so far. And I don't remember Nigeria's defending being that bad overall. Argentina's does seem a genuine weakness though that, if it's not sorted out could easily end up being the difference between them winning the thing and not. Rojo kind of embodies their situation better than anyone: a defender who seems more comfortable in front of the opposition's goal than his own. I love watching him but I'm sure coaches of defending must watch him in despair.

Your point about Chile and Colombia is obviously true; I just wonder if this doesn't end up being a WC that doesn't really have a truly outstanding or even fully-rounded team and where the title is largely being fought out between a handful of outstanding individuals.
Old 06.26.2014, 09:15 AM   #4897
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
USA vs. Germany may be a no go......decision pending:

Just heard a FIFA spokesperson say the game WILL go ahead. Bloody hope so.
Old 06.26.2014, 09:38 AM   #4898
Bytor Peltor
Banned

^^^ thanks for the update.

Here in the States, ESPN reporting that FIFA Official and game ref will make a decision one hour prior to kick. Multiple reports that the corners are extra sloppy.

Just heard some "soccer guy" say that if the match is tied at the half, that USA & Germany May choose to not let the ball leave the circle in the second half. Said there was some precedent of this happening in the past??? Said the last time involved, Holland.
Old 06.26.2014, 09:41 AM   #4899
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

squirrelman got a 4 month immediate suspension!

next time don't be so weird and just use your elbow. it won't be a scandal.

Old 06.26.2014, 10:17 AM   #4900
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
^^^ thanks for the update.

Here in the States, ESPN reporting that FIFA Official and game ref will make a decision one hour prior to kick. Multiple reports that the corners are extra sloppy.

Just heard some "soccer guy" say that if the match is tied at the half, that USA & Germany May choose to not let the ball leave the circle in the second half. Said there was some precedent of this happening in the past??? Said the last time involved, Holland.

As in just letting the game run cos they are both through?

The only example I can think of is Austria and Germany in the *thinks* '82 world cup. Supposedly just an awful game where even the commentator was saying the ref should stop the game and make them actually play.

edit:aye it was '82

195235242243244 245 246247248255295345 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth