Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page The Dead C putting out new stuff?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.03.2006, 10:18 PM   #1
Phlegmscope
expwy. to yr skull

Phlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's asses
Perform Vain, Erudite and Stupid: Selected Works 1987-2005 CD Ba Da Bing! 2006 (to be released)
Future Artists CD Language Recordings 2006 (to be released)

Relatively recent interview

The new album is not out yet, is it? At least I haven't seen it anywhere, so I guess it'll be within a month, hopefully.
Phlegmscope is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2006, 10:25 PM   #2
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
the ba da bing cd comes out july 25.
the other i don't know.
there's also a 7-inch, Relax Fallujah b/w Hell Has Come, that will be available on september 26
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2006, 11:18 PM   #3
m^a(t)h
expwy. to yr skull

m^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard sucka
you ever see that video of them on youtube? They are possibly the worst sounding band ever. Me and my friend laughed at it for hours...
m^a(t)h is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2006, 11:53 PM   #4
SolidGoldHell
empty page

SolidGoldHell ain't too shabbySolidGoldHell ain't too shabby
thanks for posting the interview Phlegmscope.....
SolidGoldHell is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.28.2006, 04:08 AM   #5
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by m^a(t)h
you ever see that video of them on youtube? They are possibly the worst sounding band ever. Me and my friend laughed at it for hours...
Oh man... You are SO wrong. A Dead C show is like some kind of a religious experience.

Meanwhile, I feel compelled to share this review:

The Sunday Times October 22, 2006

Pop: New release:

THE DEAD C
Vain, Erudite and Stupid: Selected Works, 1987-2005
Ba Da Bing! BING050 (two discs)

Review by: Stewart Lee

Albums by The Dead C, in their oblique and obtuse sleeves, first dripped into the UK in the late 1980s. The mysterious New Zealand trio shared Sonic Youth’s grasp of the feminine side of pure noise, but their two-chord drones and unfettered improvisations arrived unadorned by the usual self-justifying occult references or art-school in jokes. And while the works of their inheritors, such as Wolf Eyes and Lightning Bolt, can seem like exercises in anti-music machismo, this retrospective is as unpretentious as pretentious rock gets. In New Zealand, lo-fi recording was once a pragmatic choice, not an affectation. December’s show at All Tomorrow’s Parties in Minehead should seal, or sour, the legend.
Three stars

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...409269,00.html

"Pop" indeed!
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.28.2006, 03:27 PM   #6
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.badabingrecords.com/

...Even better, the band's next record, Future Artists, the FIRST record to be released by the band after their greatest hits retrospective for Ba Da Bing, hence the first entries for their "Greatest Hits Volume Two," appears set for release next Spring...

yes, new dead c album of original material!!!!
Old 12.28.2006, 03:39 PM   #7
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Someone needs to make upload a Dead C comp. I've only seen the youtube video of Dead C doing the song "Sky". Only thing I know by them.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.28.2006, 04:23 PM   #8
hat and beard
stalker

hat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
Someone needs to make upload a Dead C comp. I've only seen the youtube video of Dead C doing the song "Sky". Only thing I know by them.

Like, dude, you can totally buy the above mentioned career spanning double CD "Vain Erudite, and Stupid" for about $10 US at an of your favorite online retailers. Surely that's not too much to ask?

edit: http://www.midheaven.com will give it to you for $9.50
Old 12.28.2006, 06:05 PM   #9
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
I don't buy CDs. Why would I pay for such a horrible media format? I buy LPs only, but only locally because I've got warped ones in the mail before and it is really annoying.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.28.2006, 06:26 PM   #10
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
don't think it's out on LP so you'll just have to stick to what yr local store offers.. have fun..
whorefrost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.28.2006, 06:35 PM   #11
hat and beard
stalker

hat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asses
Like mp3s are better?
They're asking $5 per CD! If you're too cheap to pay for that then tough shit!
Old 12.28.2006, 06:38 PM   #12
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
I don't buy CDs. Why would I pay for such a horrible media format? I buy LPs only, but only locally because I've got warped ones in the mail before and it is really annoying.

Eh, cds aren't that bad. It gets on my tits that people slag them off so much. Face it, they are convenient and they sound decent. Sure LPs are nice but they can sound worse that CDs, they aren't always better and they are a bitch to lug around the place.
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.28.2006, 06:40 PM   #13
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Ah, cool, a thread about The Dead C.
Exactly the excuse I needed to spam the board with some pictures I took at their London gig earlier this month.

pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.28.2006, 06:43 PM   #14
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
sweet pics, thanks. i picked up vain, erudite and stupid at ATP. It's pretty great, especially disk 2. gonna order some more of their stuff when i get paid.
Old 12.28.2006, 06:44 PM   #15
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

i can't fathom the thought of someone liking really underground/independent music and being picky about formats. "i really like your stuff, but you don't have your stuff in vinyl so i won't buy your tapes and cd-rs, even though that's the only way to listen to your music"
Old 12.28.2006, 06:49 PM   #17
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by whorefrost
sweet pics, thanks. i picked up vain, erudite and stupid at ATP. It's pretty great, especially disk 2. gonna order some more of their stuff when i get paid.

i bought it too... i'm really digging it. i now have 3 albums by them and i'm looking for more.
got a few more pictures:

the london gig was pretty different than the atp one; more introspective and not as amazing as they were at atp, but still great.
Old 12.28.2006, 06:56 PM   #18
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
i can't fathom the thought of someone liking really underground/independent music and being picky about formats. "i really like your stuff, but you don't have your stuff in vinyl so i won't buy your tapes and cd-rs, even though that's the only way to listen to your music"

Exactly. The only thing I don't really buy is tapes because I don't have a working tape machine but I feel I've missed out on a load of nice stuff even on cassette. Dredd Foole put out a tape of Suicide covers apparently. I want that.
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.28.2006, 06:57 PM   #19
whorefrost
invito al cielo

i'd never really heard them before atp so as you can imagine when i saw them there it was a truly mindblowing revelatory experience.
Old 12.28.2006, 07:00 PM   #20
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic

I generally can't fathom SpectralJulianIsNotDead... but that's just me I guess.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth