Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Son Of A Gun
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.12.2006, 06:58 AM   #1
PunkerViolence
stalker

PunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's asses
Me and my band just performed this nirvana/vaselines cover infront of my entire year today. It was the end of school assembly, cos were now at the end of compulsary school!!! BUT, it didnt go as we planned. It was a shambles, cos my trusted 80 watts of peavy died out right before we went on. The mics werent tured up properly, the drums were too slow, and my bassist couldnt play properly (beginner). We had 2 beg a drummer from a rival band to play for us, or else the song wouldntve been possible.
But we got an applause, and we were signing shirts........it was memorable. Thats all that mattered, weather or not it sounded shit, ppl will remember us
PunkerViolence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.12.2006, 07:03 AM   #2
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
trusted peavey??? oxymoron... but the rest well done hope you had a great time
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.12.2006, 07:17 AM   #3
Onani Nic
the end of the ugly

Onani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's asses
i remember being really punx in my highschool band at one INTERschool battle of the bands. We were suppost to play an original and a cover. We played our original then played I Wanna Be Your Dog which then turned into WASTED by Black Flag.

So punx playing three songs instead of two.
Old 05.12.2006, 08:24 AM   #4
PunkerViolence
stalker

PunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, we wanted an encore, an we were thinking of i wanna be ur dog, but the lameo teachers wouldnt allow it, what a kill to the buzz of the end of year celebrations....and then we had 2 sit thru a 20 minute long-ass speech..

....and yeah, had a great time. But didnt impress anyone, including my girlfiend lol. I could see people laughing at our patheticness, but o well it was a last minute thing....
Old 05.12.2006, 08:38 AM   #5
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkerViolence
I could see people laughing at our patheticness, but o well it was a last minute thing....

fuck them, you were the one with balls to get on stage in the first place so good on you man.
Old 05.12.2006, 09:00 AM   #6
PunkerViolence
stalker

Thanks dud, i knew that the majority of my tosser classmates were emo or charv, so i didnt expect people to actully like what we played (although a lot of people do like nirvana). Cos i did make a lot of feedback and noise standing so close 2 the orange amp, and i saw people squeel with disgust (even my headteacher, i was happy with that)....but still it went tits up..
Old 05.12.2006, 09:21 AM   #7
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
feedback and noise standing so close 2 the orange amp, and i saw people squeel with disgust (even my headteacher, i was happy with that..

i love that expression, "oh my god, whats he doing to his amp, is it supposed to sould like that??!"
i was playing a gig recently and stood up on a low amp and gave a Nazi salute to the crowd... not impressed, but i was like, fuck it.. get over it. i was so hopped up on the buzz of playing i forgot i even did it!
Old 05.12.2006, 09:29 AM   #8
PunkerViolence
stalker

Lol nazi salute? That could get u bottled lol.

Even funnier, u know when u move ur amp, and u put it down sharply - and it makes that fucked sound?? like "wrrraaaaaaaa"....like in the song "Vamos" by the pixies.....or "TV Girl" by beat happening.......i did that when manouvering my amp across the stage (when it was working.....) and everyone shat theirselves....it being on vol.8...i was in stiches. And cos my peavy is so delicate and crap, it blows every time u take it from place 2 place, so i had to turn it up full blast, full distortion, then mute the strings and wake it back up......heheh. So hillariously scary to the unexpecting ear lolol.
Old 05.12.2006, 09:34 AM   #9
PunkerViolence
stalker

By the way, what do u think of the band name "Otto's chemical lounge"? If youve heared that name before, i know ive ripped it off some unknown homestead band. But i dont think they even released anything, so i dont think they will be suing....lol?
Old 05.12.2006, 09:45 AM   #10
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

Quote:
By the way, what do u think of the band name "Otto's chemical lounge"? If youve heared that name before, i know ive ripped it off some unknown homestead band. But i dont think they even released anything, so i dont think they will be suing....lol?

good name, fuck that other band as i recall you had the name first (i'm not too sure if you did but hey....fuck em.)
i had a peavy amp a long time ago also, i was in this band at the time and had no amp so i persuaded all the other members of the band to chip in and help me buy it off a guy second-hand, jaysus it gave us nothin but bother, i used to kick it when it cut out and it sounded like a load of pot and pans falling in the next room, i was a happy man when the bank balance allowed me to buy a Marshall and i saw the back of that thing
Old 05.12.2006, 09:52 AM   #11
PunkerViolence
stalker

Hahah, yeah thats what it sounds like...pots n pans. But yeah, i got this peavy realy cheep second hand....i dont wanna sell it cos i really like the sound, but i need 2 get it fixed, by a professional.
Old 05.12.2006, 11:02 AM   #12
DemonBox
the end of the ugly

DemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's asses
Good job, everbody deserves a little noisy punkrock ever once in a while. I acctually played a nirvana version of white, lace and strange with some mates, and i sang to, it was fucking scary, and the people did not like our music at all, they just wanted to hear a local progmetal band that were playing after us. I'm sure we were noisy and gross, but they deserved it haha. Keep on rocking man!
DemonBox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth