Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page So McCain's going back to the old Republican bait and switch
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.01.2008, 08:54 PM   #61
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
it happens

one conversation leads to another and such
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.01.2008, 09:10 PM   #62
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
"Hijacking a conversation" only exists on forums. Who the fuck cares? We're all bored. Whatever works.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.01.2008, 09:23 PM   #63
gualbert
the end of the ugly

gualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's asses
You are bored too?
I guess most people here are bored...

I got a good and a bad news , and it's the same one: you can't die of boredom , cause it has no physical effect.
gualbert is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.01.2008, 09:23 PM   #64
✌➬
invito al cielo

✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses
See this is what happens when teens watch Juno.
Old 09.01.2008, 09:24 PM   #65
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Okay I take it back. Mentioning that movie would hijack any conversation.
Old 09.01.2008, 09:32 PM   #66
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ✌➬
See this is what happens when teens watch Juno.

She's not adopting the baby out to a single mom though.

Apparently John McCain didn't make sure that Bristol Palin cleaned up her myspace before though. . .
http://www.stupidsheeple.com/index.p...gone-wild.html

Maybe McCain didn't know shit.

People are going to have a fucking field day with this.
Old 09.01.2008, 09:35 PM   #67
✌➬
invito al cielo

✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, but we are seeing the remnants of it.
Old 09.01.2008, 09:40 PM   #68
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

OK so this is a little insane.

The baby's father is apparently this guy named Levi. Now on Levi's sister Mercedes myspace, there is a picture of her holding Trig Palin (the baby that Sarah Palin decided to keep despite it having Downs syndrome, which I do salute her for- I think terminating downs positive fetuses is a very Spartan practice) calling it "baby brother" and calling Sara Palin "mommy in law"

What's that mean? Something either stinks or she is calling Trig her brother because he's her future sister-in-law's brother and calling her brother's future mother-in-law her mother-in-law.
Old 09.01.2008, 10:31 PM   #69
cars_willkillyou
stalker

cars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
Faith isn't illogical. Faith is essential for modern day life. We all know one thing. All the rest is faith. If you're an atheist, you believe in atheism, you don't know God doesn't exist. A lot of atheists and theists aren't keen to that. A lot of people say "I know God doesn't exist, because science is fact" or that "I know God exists, because bla bla bla." Which are both wrong statements. I say "I don't know God exists, but I believe he does, because I want to believe that there is a benevolant and loving artist wise enough to know that creating a chaotic universe such as this is truly a greater gift to its sentient inhabitants than that of a perfect universe."

No. there is a difference between faith and beliefs. I believe I exist. And when I die, I will no longer exist. People may or may not remember me for a the maximum of 3 generation depending on how long I live and how I much of an impact I make on people. I don't know god doesnt exist. But I also dont know if Zeus, Ra, Thor, Vishna, and/or Neptune exist. It doesnt matter. All that matters is what happens here and now. tomorrow and yesterday. When I die my body will decay into soil. Its not that I reject the idea of divinity of any sort, it just doesnt work for me. Im not atheist. Im not anything. I am a person. I treat other persons as a person. When those people are no longer present in my life, thats it. If I see them again, cool. If not, well I wish the best for them. If they die, oh well. It was gonna happen sooner or later. Everyone dies.

The thought that we are all going to live happily ever after forever and ever is nice and comforting way of dealing with death, but it doesnt seem very practical.

I dont bash religion unless the religious use it as an excuse to do evil things. If religion helps a person be a better person, then good. I have morals. I have a code of honor and I stand firmly by my convictions. Thats all I need. I dont care to prove or disprove to others the existence of higher being(s). If such a being exists, then I'm sure it will be revealed to me in due time. Until then, I have no reason to believe in something that doesn't exist.

And you dont disprove things to win arguments. You prove them. I mean you can scientifically disprove a lot of theories, but that doesnt give you a solution to the bigger question. All you know is that one theory is incorrect. You can't really use the process of elimination here though. I can disprove the existence of God by merely not being able to prove it. And the fact that nobody can scientifically prove the existence of god, nor have ever proven, supports my opinion. But like I said. I'm not out to prove or disprove anything. I really dont care about it. I dont look at people differently by what they believe or try to convince them what I believe. I look at people as people. And thats it.

cars_willkillyou is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.01.2008, 10:34 PM   #70
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cars_willkillyou
I can disprove the existence of God by merely not being able to prove it.
Not really.
Old 09.01.2008, 10:52 PM   #71
cars_willkillyou
stalker

cars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's asses
im just gonna move on to the next thread now...

Old 09.01.2008, 10:54 PM   #72
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
the whole thing has just turned into like this big celebrity scandal

this is why i cannot take politics seriously
Old 09.01.2008, 10:56 PM   #73
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

But politics take you seriously.

No, politics is a fucking joke.
Old 09.01.2008, 10:58 PM   #74
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
i agree. its such a farce i really can't understand how people spend time/money/thought on this shit. which is why i might as well vote for shaq

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.01.2008, 10:58 PM   #75
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

Cars_WillKill You

There is a difference between the word faith and the word belief. Faith is a more specific and firm belief. But arguing the semantics of faith vs. belief in a philosophical argument is just being nitpicky in comparison to the arguing the difference between "to truly know" and "to believe in/have faith in." Regardless, I prefer to say "to believe" instead of "to have faith" in. The separation of what I believe in and what I have faith in is not nearly as black and white as the separation of what I know, what I believe in, what I don't believe in, and what I'm unsure I believe in. Within what I believe in is a subcategory of faith.

You're not very careful in choosing your words.

You "believe you exist" but know that "when you die you'll no longer exist"?

You know you exist but believe when you die you'll no longer exist.

Now that is a very important distinction.

As for "disproving the God"

"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence" - Carl Sagan

If that were not the case, you could disprove everything but your own existence in some state. You can't prove or disprove anything scientifically. You don't truly have evidence for anything but your own existence, and the evidence for that is consciousness.

I'm a strict believer in Cognito Ergo Sum. I know one thing. Everything else I choose to have faith in/believe in.

And yes, I don't know whether or not Zeus does or doesn't exist. I don't believe Zeus exists as a God, because his existence contradicts what I do believe in. I cautiously believe in archaeology (I admit cautiouslessly because I believe many archaeologists jump to conclusions. Such as relating common names of the time on tombs and other artifacts to those of biblical characters.) And in Archaeology, there is nothing on the archaeological record to suggest that he is real. Also, I believe God means all powerful, and Zeus contradicts my definition.

Although, I could also suppose that Zeus does exist as an angel or fallen angel, and that his children such as Heracles were Nephalim. But that's merely a whimsical theory.

On the other hand one of the reasons I believe that God exists because I believe in the bible. One of the reasons I believe in the bible because of its relation to historical record and archaeological finds. I've never been to Israel (well I don't know I haven't been there but I strongly believe I've never physically been there because I believe my eyes, my ears, my nose, and in modern cartography) but I've been to places (I believe I've been there- see why I don't believe I've been to Israel) where there is strong evidence that the apostles spoke. I've been to places where mythological characters are said to have been, but there is much less evidence to that. There are more abstract reasons I believe in the Bible, God, and Christ's divinity, but I need not to go into that. This is just in example of belief vs disbelief, although it is ultimately irrelevant anyways. I have my own logic which is based upon feelings and the logic which I believe is taught in schools.
Old 09.01.2008, 10:59 PM   #76
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by davenotdead
i agree. its such a farce i really can't understand how people spend time/money/thought on this shit. which is why i might as well vote for shaq
Exactly. I vote because there's always the off chance it will help something. But it's such a pain in the ass to spend time educating your guess just see the dickward fuck things up even more.
Old 09.01.2008, 10:59 PM   #77
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by davenotdead
well they did elect arnold schwarzenegger

fuck,

this is the bitch who ran against him!
Old 09.01.2008, 11:02 PM   #78
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

It is rumored that Schwarzenegger might run for the United States Senate in 2010 (he will be term-limited then), if incumbent Senator Barbara Boxer retires.
---
He's one of the reasons I decided voting was important. I feel like I let my state down by going to a concert instead of voting against him.
Old 09.02.2008, 12:01 AM   #79
cars_willkillyou
stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
Cars_WillKill You

You're not very careful in choosing your words.

You "believe you exist" but know that "when you die you'll no longer exist"?

You know you exist but believe when you die you'll no longer exist.

I know what i said. And I stand by it. I exist because i perceive. when i cease to perceive i cease to exist. Perception is an individual experience though. To your perception, I exist only on the internet, and you assume that a physical being is behind the words used. Before I joined this forum, i didnt exist in your perception of life, in what is "real."

You can call it semantics, but semantics are usually much more important than people realize. Certain words have popular and universal connotations that most people can relate to. And when you have a supposed synonym of that word, most assume it means the same. But the reason synonyms exist is because there is a difference significant enought to make a new word.

Old 09.02.2008, 12:21 AM   #80
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
To reply to the topic of the thread, I find the move to take on Sarah Palin as the VP pick as the most outwardly cynical and patronizing move in American politics in a long time. And there are a lot of cynical, patronizing moves in American politics. In fact there is barely anything else other than them.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth