Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page the mighty motorsport 2008 thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.13.2008, 08:43 AM   #101
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, absolutely! Well done to Vettel AND Toro Rosso.

Given the weird results in qualifying this one really is impossible to call, although Kovey and Massa have to be favourites. I'd like to see Webber do something and would absolutely LOVE Vettel to turn his pole into a win.

Lewis and Kimi at 15th-14th respectively is gonna be interesting. Personally I think Lewis is gonna get something from tomorrow (I'm predicting fifth) but I'm hoping for a Massa incident to atleast keep the championship race as-is.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.13.2008, 12:09 PM   #102
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
hmmm.. lewis and kimi (or anyone) into a slippery first 90 degree chicane...

remember spa.... kimi forces accross him, lewis this time doesnt go to the run off for fear of penalty..... clips kimis rear wheel as turning in, kimi low speed flip out of race, lewis continues undamaged.... risks life and limb, finishes an amazing 2nd to massa..... then disqualified for wreckless driving 3 hours after everybody has left monza..

call me cynical if you want.......

my tip if its wet. torro rosso or heiki or webber...

lewis and robert to fly up thru the field if its dry

massa... i cant see him capitalising on the advantage at all if its wet..

maybe rosberg???

bourdais, great to see him back up at the sharp end where he belongs....

who knows??? cant wait for this one, it will be a stonker....
Old 09.14.2008, 08:51 AM   #103
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
WOW!

That was incredible. Well done to Vettel and Toro Rosso on an incredible, INCREDIBLE win. Sorry for Bordais who has to be one of the unluckiest men in sport. But Vettel ... FANTASTIC!

Lewis too was absolutely incredible in the middle section of the race and would have had a decent chance of a win had he not had to come in a second time for tyres. Kimi was pointless again and Massa just drove competently.

That middle section though, with Hamilton scything through the pack, was one of the best things I've seen in F1 in ages, just a different league. Extremely unlucky not to have been able to extend his lead on Massa.

But definitely the day belongs to Vettel.

"GET IN THERE!"

Old 09.15.2008, 06:38 AM   #104
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
brilliant race in every way. vettel was stunning and he didnt luck in on the win... he beat them all hands down, torro rosso beat all the temas hands down fair and square.....

what impressed me the most was the sheer quality of the racing and the driving by everyone (except nakajima on coultard) not one accident, bump or anything to note bar fisichellas front wing....

actually no, i take that back. lewis was bordering on the dangerous at times, his chop on webber was quite dodgy i thought. his chop on the toyota was ok tho, he plainly didnt see him with the spray. but lewis is gonna get hauled up on his driving if he doesnt calm down soon.... or else he will suffer an almighty crash....

next up singapore... at night... and in the middle of their rainy season!!!!!
new track, it looks stuinning by the way.. lets hope its better than valencia....

great race and no complaints this time, exactly what the sport needed!!
Old 09.15.2008, 09:50 AM   #105
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Singapore has everything to suggest it's gonna be awesome! Will the qualifying be at night too?

Yes, I agree that Lewis was stretching it a bit against Webber. Once he'd overtaken Kimi he was sensational but that one move will win him no fans in the paddock. Saying that, M Schumacher was never 'popular' in that sense, and it never hurt his career.

I'm back to wondering what's going on with Kimi. He no-longer has an excuse that he's retiring. I don't think it's a problem with the car - he's consistently great in the final quarter of a race, but when it counts (qualifying and, well, the other three-quarters of a race) he's just nowhere. Ferarri are obviously sticking with him for next season, but unless he improves then, I have to wonder whether they'll maintain their faith in him.
Old 09.15.2008, 04:14 PM   #106
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

erm not really.. twilight i think...

the quali is on live at 2pm our time and the race at 6 pm so id say duskish.. they have a night practice session on friday i think.... it wont really matter, the track is lit to 90% daylight so it will probably be brighter than monza was at lunchtime yesterday...

i hope its a good race and not another turkey of a track (bird not istanbul park which is great). we have too many herman tilke designed autostadia in the sport........

actually my sugestion to stop this row of chicane cutting.... put brick walls on the apexes..... now thats gonna solve the problem!!!

kimi is fine, he is a moody private man but he is shit hot... going into monza he was 1 point more down on the leader than he was last year, he won the championship last year. i dont think he has been overly bad, just baaaad when bad and sublime when good. he will stay at ferrari until he quits racing... as too will massa id say.. i cant see alonso getting in there but the ionly one i can see is kubica.. he is made to be a ferrari star in the likes of jean alesi, gilles villeneuve and pironi.......

but afgain in saying that. the field are not too far behind the main 2 or 3 teams... i mean torro rosso whooped the field on a level pitch in monza... ferrari were average, bmw and williams strong.. this season has closed the gap up an awful lot and its only gonna get closer up to the last race, i can see vettel and torro rosso challenging again.... well, they have to challenge again, they are bone fide winners now.......
Old 09.26.2008, 05:24 PM   #107
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

and now for something completely different....

the singapore grand prix..
new track, new street location, new country, new time of race.. night time... even though its gonna be brighter than the majority of races.....

cant wait for this one and the weather, well its monsoon season over there and the rains hit late evening thryuu the night so.... wet out...

dont count out alonso, dont count out kubica, even the torro rossos repeating the monza win???? this is a tough call and i will make my prediction after qualifying because this is a journey into the unknown, very wet race with floodlights on a proper street track (valencia only had 15% of its track as proper roads, singapore is almost 85%). this is gonna be fun ro watch and hell to drive!
Old 09.27.2008, 06:13 PM   #108
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

just watched qualifying.. what a great track in the sense it really makes the cars look jittery and alive, the lighting is spectacular but the track is quite dangerous in places near the end of the lap...

my predictions for the race

if nothing mad happens at the start id say massa will walk it if he is left alone....

1. massa
2. lewis
3. vettel
4. kubica
5. rosberg
6. kovalienen
7. alonso
8. kimi
Old 09.28.2008, 09:12 AM   #109
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

great result. kinda dull race which looked great under darkness.....

ferrari gotta sort out the pit stop thing..someone is gonna get seriously hurt soon!
Old 10.11.2008, 03:26 AM   #110
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

demonrail appears to be on holidays!!!

ill cary on for the japanese gp.in fuji

wet weather again likely so i wouldnt rule out toyota or torro rosso getting in the way at the front here. tr because they are just on a high and toyota because they own the circuit! cracker of a race if wet but i fear dull as dishwater if dry, the track isnt very exciting, bring back suzuka for next year please!!!

predictions

1. lewis
2. massa
3. glock

after that the championship will more than likely go to lewis but who knows, this season is full of suprises..

they dropped montreal for next year in favour of a new track at abu dhabi..... this is getting stupid. drop the great rtracks where there is constantly great races and the divers love them for the new, money orientated odd locations.......with no history or no passion..... f1 will learn the lesson of pleasing fans the hard way....... wake up bernie and bring us to great circuits with racing pedigree, n ot the back yard of some sheiks mansions!!!!!
Old 10.17.2008, 06:25 PM   #111
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

still no rail man!!!!!

after fujis great race and highly controversial again... lewis penalised for trying to outbrake someone at the first corner???? i mean why wasnt 10 others penalised then????? massa done for hitting lewis...yes, totally right..

bourdais done for not jumping out of his car, disappearing into thin air and having the absolute gall to be on the same section of road as massa... a fucking joke!!!!

anyway onto china...

another top race for another great season...

now, lewis and massa are begining to step up a gear with their quest for the cup but some sparks are gonna fly and im so hoping bmw waltzes past them laughing in thier nomexes...

my prediction...

1. kubica
2. kimi
3. alonso
4. piquet
5. vettel
6. massa (after collinding with lewis)
7. webber
8. rosberg

12. lewis (after avoiding death by driving up an escape road after ,massa lunges at him death race 2000 style, but gets a stop and go penalty for cutting corner and another for speeding in the pitlane, suffers a puncture and has to stop under a safety car and thus is penalised further.)

if that happens, or similar, kubica could well be in for a championship...ive said that since day 1 tho....
i love the way bmw are keeping so modest about it all and so too is robert... he is a man of some class, he knows he is good but has the decency to do his talking on the track, unlike many others.. f1 needs kubica to be champion this year!!!!!!
Old 10.17.2008, 06:40 PM   #112
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
I love all this psychoanalysis talk thats been going on about Hamilton, like he's got this Freudian self-destruct impulse ruling his every move, sometimes i wonder why anyone pays these "journalists"

Anyway, this season has been even better than last season so far, but frankly im not arsed if Lewis wins. I like his driving but as a person i think he's taken the Gary Lineker mould and made it even more Beige. Plus i want an Olympian to win Sports personality of the year

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.18.2008, 06:19 AM   #113
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

whats wrong with gary lineker????

joking, i know what you mean.. i dont think any of them, massa or lewis, deserves the title..

massa is flawless when out ahead and left on his own but he can not figt in a race...
lewis has made too many stupid errors this year, more than last year to be honest. first corner at fuji was proof of that. yeah he is determined to win at all costs and i cant fault him for that, that is what makes up a great race driver but you have to look at the big picture sometimes!

kubica has been truely consistent and strong all year, he hasnt made any mistakes at all.. he deserves to be champoin..

he has only won one race and sits only 12 points down on the leader with 2 races left..
last year kimi was 17 points down with 2 races left and he won the champoinship...... that shows how damn good kubica has been all year long!
Old 10.19.2008, 01:56 PM   #114
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

terrible race. dull out.... worst race of the year......

#predictable result.. well done lewis and kimi... faultless race. massa was gifted a 2nd place... he was bog standard...
now for the brazilian. if massa is to win this championship he has to win in brazil (which he will) and hope lewis has a mare of a race...

no one has ever won the drivers title at their home race since guisseppe farina in monza italy in 1950, the first world championship.......... boring fact i know!
Old 11.03.2008, 04:01 AM   #115
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
I can't believe that the whole of the UK is saying how magnificently Lewis Hamilton won the world championship. I mean, come on, he didn't win it, it got given to him by Glock slowing to a crawl half a mile from the finish. I wanted him to win, but I wanted him to win in a blaze of glory, not through a gift.
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.06.2008, 05:56 AM   #116
demonrail666
invito al cielo

As Pauly mentioned in another thread, Honda won't be participating in F1 next season, effectively leaving Jenson Button without a drive. Meanwhile, as the credit crunch hits the sport, Max Mosley is predicting that another one or two unnamed teams will also be forced to withdraw from F1.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle5295904.ece
Old 12.07.2008, 09:49 PM   #117
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
I loved how Honda blamed their exit on the financial markets, because of course it has nothing to do with employing Jensen Button....

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth