Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Who has heard TooL's "10,000 Days"?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.22.2006, 11:55 PM   #61
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Yuck, a 1 star closer.
Old 04.22.2006, 11:59 PM   #62
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
It's really just an electronic piece. Nothing special, but please, don't take my opinion too seriously. The entire albumis great. The only reason I gave
"Viginti Tres" a 1 star, was because it lacked in comparison to the rest of the album.
But, I do love the closing track.
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2006, 12:09 AM   #63
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Oh & BTW krastian, Danny has done the best work of his life on this album.
The drumming is absolutely astonoshing.
-George Carlin
Old 04.23.2006, 12:12 AM   #64
Tickerwelly
little trouble girl

Tickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's asses
Intension deserves a third star.
Old 04.23.2006, 12:18 AM   #65
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

Yeah, I admit, there's something about "Intensions" that entrances you, & at times makes you go insane from an emotional stand point.
That's another thing about this album, you'll have had to go throught tramatic things in your life to understand the aspect of this record. IMO.
-George Carlin
Old 04.23.2006, 12:25 AM   #66
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by marleypumpkin
It's really just an electronic piece. Nothing special, but please, don't take my opinion too seriously. The entire albumis great. The only reason I gave
"Viginti Tres" a 1 star, was because it lacked in comparison to the rest of the album.
But, I do love the closing track.

Ok, so it's not really like a "song" just some weird thing at the end, right?
Old 04.23.2006, 12:38 AM   #67
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

Yeah, exactly. It's pretty good in my opinion.
-George Carlin
Old 04.23.2006, 12:40 AM   #68
AllHandsOnTheBigOne
children of satan

AllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by krastian
Ok, so it's not really like a "song" just some weird thing at the end, right?

It's not that weird. Just some ambience.
Old 04.23.2006, 12:42 AM   #69
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllHandsOnTheBigOne
It's not that weird. Just some ambience.

Yeah, just some electronic ambience bliss.
-George Carlin
Old 04.23.2006, 11:34 PM   #70
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
Wait a second, what the hell? Are you guys living in the future?

Becuz last I heard, the album's not coming out for another two weeks...

I've heard Vicarious...typical Tool, though the acoustic guitar/chimes/dulcimer/whatever the hell it is adds some interesting twists...
I love Tool and can't wait...
GeneticKiss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2006, 12:00 AM   #71
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

I've heard this album like 20 times man. So, I don't have to wait to hear it, just to get the extremely awesome packaging. (check the page before last)
Trust me, you will NOT be disappointed w/ this new album. I think it's a different sounding TooL all together. You'll just have to wait & find out.
Not me though. I think I'll go listen to it again. (hahaha)
-George Carlin
Old 04.24.2006, 12:24 AM   #72
ozZuB-ginK
little trouble girl

ozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to beholdozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to beholdozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to beholdozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to beholdozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to beholdozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to behold
where did you get the packaging for the new tool record if you don't mind me asking?
ozZuB-ginK is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2006, 12:28 AM   #73
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

A buddy of mine show'd me a link. I don't have the actual packaging in my hands yet. The pic is on the page before last, if you haven't already seen it.
-George Carlin
Old 04.24.2006, 12:50 AM   #74
krastian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by marleypumpkin
A buddy of mine show'd me a link. I don't have the actual packaging in my hands yet. The pic is on the page before last, if you haven't already seen it.

Ha....I thought the pic was of you holding it because you got a promo copy or something.
Old 04.24.2006, 12:56 AM   #75
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

No, I fucking wish. But, I'm trying my best to shell out as much info for this record as possible. I think showing the packaging was an o.k. start.
-George Carlin
Old 04.24.2006, 05:33 PM   #76
Neongod
the destroyed room

Neongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant future
Okay, after the 2nd listen I've determined that this album is amazing. It was just too majestic to take in after hearing it once. The single has especially grown on me...Vicarious is to 10,000 days as Ticks and Leaches was to Lateralus: it's a reflection of the previous album and a preview of the current in one song. Hopefully you other Tool fans will realize that this album is quite good; if not, we're all entitled to our own opinion.
Old 04.24.2006, 05:40 PM   #77
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
three days till release here in australia, cannot wait but cannot download and listen and destroy the pleasure of listening while laying in my recliner chair and glaring at the cover
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2006, 08:02 PM   #78
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses

I've heard it, it sucks, it's straight metal, it's NOTHING like any of their past work. Not only that, but you can't get any good seats at their shows unless you pay $50 to be a member of their fanclub first. SELLOUTS
EyeballGrowth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.28.2006, 10:34 AM   #79
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
it is 1am here, my local opened at midnight, just got home half way through and all i can say is wtf, brilliant. a friend of mine said it sounded just like lateralus, but no way, they have pushed further
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.28.2006, 02:30 PM   #80
krastian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminal pharmacy
it is 1am here, my local opened at midnight, just got home half way through and all i can say is wtf, brilliant. a friend of mine said it sounded just like lateralus, but no way, they have pushed further

Cool. My copy won't be here until a week after Tuesday. It's heavy, right?

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth