Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page SY in NY Mag
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.22.2009, 02:27 PM   #1
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Sonic Youth Will Sell You Their Record With Love

5/22/09 at 1:31 PM

Comment00Comment00Commentsget_comment_count({ container_id: "entry-36733", article_url: "http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2009/05/sonic_youth_will_sell_you_thei.html"});

Kim Gordon.Photo: Patrick McMullan

Sonic Youth's new record comes out June 9. So when we caught up with the band at the Kitchen Spring Gala Benefit, we wondered what kinds of tricks they have planned to get people to spend money on music. "Maybe we'll have to pimp out our relationship for it," singer Kim Gordon admitted, since the day it comes out is also her and fellow band member Thurston Moore's anniversary. Meanwhile, artist Nate Lowman couldn't even go near her. "I'm too starstruck," he told us when we asked if he's met the band. "I had a picture of Kim Gordon pregnant, in leather pants, on my wall when I was a kid. I don't need to know who she really is." View our Party Lines slideshow for more artist confessions.
Old 05.22.2009, 05:32 PM   #2
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
thanks!

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.22.2009, 06:00 PM   #3
chrome noise tape
the end of the ugly

chrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.nypress.com/blog-4160-who...pparently.html

Who's Afraid of Kim Gordon? Everyone, Apparently

"We thought it was just us. Wednesday night at the Kitchen's gala, after Sonic Youth played, the band's members were milling around and seemed to attract more stares than the starlets (like Kirsten Dunst, who spent the evening smoking on the stairs out front). And while Thurston Moore seemed easy enough to approach (especially for Gerry Visco!), Kim Gordon was, well, not so much.

Over at Daily Intel, Nate Lowman says, "I had a picture of Kim Gordon pregnant, in leather pants, on my wall when I was a kid. I don't need to know who she really is." Indeed, when we were standing on the corner after the event, two grown men stared longingly at Gordon, wondering what to ask her. Two men who ask questions professionally. Something was wrong—but what? The woman doesn't have the perceived anger of Kathleen Hanna or the crazy of Courtney Love. What is it that makes Kim Gordon so intimidating?"
chrome noise tape is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.22.2009, 07:30 PM   #4
This Is Not Here
invito al cielo

This Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's asses
She is extremely difficult to speak to, my attempts to approach her have ranged from her ignoring me to mumbled mono-sylablic answers. However I know she is not snobby, just extremely shy.

~~Record of the moment~~
This Is Not Here is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.22.2009, 08:59 PM   #5
joe11121
expwy. to yr skull

joe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's asses
Their anniversary is June 9. That's cool. I would love to meet SY one day!!!
joe11121 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.22.2009, 11:20 PM   #6
SonikJesus
the end of the ugly

SonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's asses
I don't think I'd ever be able to approach Kim. I don't know why. I know other people have said they could not talk to her too. What is it about her?
SonikJesus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2009, 04:57 AM   #7
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
that's not mine experience. she was quite approachable at ATP '04.

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2009, 05:49 AM   #8
This Is Not Here
invito al cielo

This Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonikJesus
What is it about her?

She's the recogniseable face from an iconic and widely known band. Above any other SY member, she must get stopped in the street on a daily basis. Would that not grind you down a bit?

~~Record of the moment~~
This Is Not Here is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.25.2009, 01:39 AM   #9
SonikJesus
the end of the ugly

SonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by This Is Not Here
She's the recogniseable face from an iconic and widely known band. Above any other SY member, she must get stopped in the street on a daily basis. Would that not grind you down a bit?

No because I don't feel she's that famous. It's something else.
SonikJesus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth