Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Sarah Palin
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.04.2008, 03:03 AM   #101
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
do you know what the patriot act is? it's fucking surveillance anti-brown people bollocks.

yeah i will vote for him. what the fuck. keep mccain out of the white house.
Old 09.04.2008, 04:45 AM   #102
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
My point still stands. Can you imagine all the bullshit he'd get from republicans who are already uneasy about the idea of a "black" president.
Old 09.04.2008, 04:51 AM   #103
ricechex
the destroyed room

ricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's asses
Media in general is no longer liberal, not after allowing W's shenanigans. This latest batch of crazy R's(Rove et) behind the scenes have made it their bitch. If the media questions too much they are liberal and FOX is on the attack every day on it. The media in turn bends over backwards trying to be fair, but ultimately ends up failing the American people. There isn't a day that goes by w/o FOX mentioning some sort of angle about the media's "bias". Do the others do any comparisons? I don't see any. You saw it at the convention too with Palin, attacking the media, and trying to undermine the widely held beliefs.

ricechex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.04.2008, 05:27 AM   #104
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
Well put.
Old 09.04.2008, 08:39 AM   #105
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
She's Diane Keaton. On skis.

this makes me laugh for a the reason she is sooo far to the left and an atheist to boot

it's interesting this thread took a turn to the conversation of media, and how generalized the label conservative is being thrown around to EVERY outlet, FOX yes, CNN is stradling the middle and the independents, MSNBC is so on the side of the left they give Keith Olbermann and Dan Abrams their primetime slot attacking the FOX talking heads (does that make Bill O the David Byrne, and Ann Coulter the Tina Weymouth of right wing nuttery?)

although what is the question of right and left? how leftist do you want the media to be? MSNBC is as liberal as mainstream will allow, so it's like the Democratic "liberal" label and not as Green and Anti-Corporate IndyMedia style, I think Conservative Media maybe incorrect for some like MSNBC (anti FOX stance) and CBS among others, but labeling them as Liberal media is also incorrect as they protect their own interests and corporate structure, so they are more like Centerist Media if anything
pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.04.2008, 08:41 AM   #106
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
why the media can't just take a neutral position is beyond me.
Old 09.04.2008, 08:46 AM   #107
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
becau$e neutral doe$n't $ell.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.04.2008, 09:38 AM   #108
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricechex
The media in turn bends over backwards trying to be fair, but ultimately ends up failing the American people..

I think you'd find top-down directives from the Publisher to Editor to Reporters about how the coverage is to take place.

The National Enquirer revealed John Edwards affair just before the DNC, but now The National Enquirer is reporting Palin's affair with her hubbies business partner and the RNC is just freaking out.

she's the white trash vote. The pregnant 17 year old is their way of communicating to the nascar masses "Look, we're fucked up just like you!"

Its weird how they're trying to make her out to be small town america but Alaska is the largest US state, all oil and military.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.04.2008, 09:46 AM   #109
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
becau$e neutral doe$n't $ell.
it's always about the fucking money.

anyway, because you all care:
yeah, i am voting because i decided obama's a pretty decent dude and we need to keep mcfuckface out of the white house.
Old 09.04.2008, 10:24 AM   #110
akprodr
the end of the ugly

akprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
why the media can't just take a neutral position is beyond me.

Because you can't take a neutral position. No matter how hard you try, your history (and your editor's) will influence how you see the event and how you report the event and even the words you use.

Plus there just isn't room on TV for all the information (less so on PBS). The reporter will pick and choose what they think is the most important. Someone looking in from the outside may see those picks as slanted but their important facts were cut for time.

I know that the station that I worked for was really concerned about appearing fair:

I remember when I was working to cover a GW Bush visit a couple of years ago. The top two stories were his speech to the military and protests against Bush. The crew I was working for got a late start and wasn't ready in time. I was called on the carpet for not informing them of the lateness of the time.* So the story on the protests went first and the positive story went second. While the managers were very concerned about this 'media slant', I don't think there were any comments from viewers.

(*to which I responded, hey, there is a clock inches from his face. My job is to set up and facilitate the live shots--not be a baby sitter)
akprodr is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.04.2008, 10:27 AM   #111
amyvega
bad moon rising

amyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's asses
i'm sure this has been said already but it's frustrating to see palin argue that her family should not be fair game when she herself brings up her soon to be deployed son. furthermore, she should know at this point that those "obscene" sex ed classes she never favored came back to bite her family in the ass. i really feel for her daughter, i wonder if she even had the opportunity to say the A word to her parents. imagine confronting them? i'm sure bristol really had her say in all of this
amyvega is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.04.2008, 10:32 AM   #112
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Palin's daughter's boyfriend is a redneck idiot, who, in his Myspace page. claims never to want to be married and that he likes "fuckin chillin"
Myspace site was taken down QUICK

the dipshit palin family mentions first thing that thjeir daughter is pregnant and that she will marry the boy. what a fucking LIE.

when you run for office on a party platform of "family values" of no abortion, no sex-ed, no condom use, and your teen daughter gets pregnant, it is INDEED an issue.
Old 09.04.2008, 11:36 AM   #113
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses

Old 09.04.2008, 11:50 AM   #114
ricechex
the destroyed room

ricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

when you run for office on a party platform of "family values" of no abortion, no sex-ed, no condom use, and your teen daughter gets pregnant, it is INDEED an issue.

So true. Same with the US mag cover, which i don't know who's aware, but Palin's family had a negative cover story centered around alot of normal crap that comes up on politicians backgrounds like what you're saying. BUT Obama and his wife's cover was all positive. WELL maybe there is not enough dirt on Michelle Obama for a negative job??

This was cover story news on the FOX website, a perceived double standard, for about 5 hrs yesterday. CNN and the like wouldn't even have considered that real news and changes their cover page every 30 minutes or so.. So, very slanted, propaganda right wing agents. They were dissing Hilary, calling her bitch for years, but "how dare the media question our hockey mom, Sarah Palin". Pathetic.

Old 09.04.2008, 11:54 AM   #115
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
She's stealth Christian Taliban - look into the church she has belonged to...
Old 09.04.2008, 11:56 AM   #116
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

this morning the lady at good morning america interviewd McCain;'s wife, who made sure to spouyt their spin about how anything questioning about palin's family is SEXIST and terrible and she manetioned it several times, and then she was asked by the GMA interviewer what she thought of Rush Limbaugh's statement (and they played the audio), that "we're the ones with a babe on the ticket! a BABE!", and what Mrs. McCain thought about it, and she said, "She IS a babe!"

how is that NOT sexist ?

double standard rich fucks.

when they asked the chair of Mccain's campaign how he squared McCain's support for cutting taxes to people who make more than $250,000 a year jive swith the republican;'s claim that they are NOT jsut giving tax vcuts to the wealthy, the guy completely skirted the question and proceeded to tel us how McCain, super rich asshole, cares about the common people, (as long as they have his dishes done, his yards maintained and his 7 houses cleaned and spotless I guess)
Old 09.04.2008, 12:13 PM   #117
ricechex
the destroyed room

We read the same bits. yeah, and Cindy McCain was asked about all the years of sexist Hilary bashing and ignored it and what not. They must think people are really dumb.

Old 09.04.2008, 01:28 PM   #118
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Any criticism of Palin is sexist. You can't criticize her for having no foreign policy experience or for being a shit mother because she's encouraging her daughter to marry some dumbass boyfriend that knocked her up based on religious values of "having to marry" the father. That's sexist. So fucking lame.

I don't think it reflects badly on her that her daughter is a drunk slut. Kids will be stupid kids. It does reflect bad on her that she's encouraging her daughter to marry Levi, and that she's anti-condom and guess what? Her daughter got preggers because of it.

If my daughter got knocked up by a jerk and wanted to keep the baby, I'd let her know I completely support her, but encourage her to wait on marriage and really consider if she wanted to marry a guy who is just a fucking redneck who likes to fucking chill and fucking shoot shit and doesn't want kids.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.04.2008, 01:41 PM   #119
tesla69
Banned

our criticisms are not trivial

A new report has linked the mysterious flight of a nuclear armed B-52 bomber to the US Vice President's secret plan to attack Iran.
Earlier, news outlets revealed that, on August 30, a B-52 bomber loaded with six nuclear armed cruise missiles had flown for more than three hours over several states. The incident prompted an Air Force investigation and the firing of one commander.
The report by Webster Tarpley published on Rense website on Saturday claimed that many analysts believed those weapons were destined to be used in a nuclear blitz on Iran, which may have been scheduled for September 6, the day that Israel launched its own aerial attack on Syria.
The report adds " Even more heinous uses of these cruise missiles here inside the United States can also not be excluded, given the insistence of the Cheney Doctrine on a terrorist act in the US to be blamed on Iran as the immediate pretext for the Iran war ­ as Zbigniew Brzezinski told the Senate Foreign relations Committee on Feb. 1, 2007."
Many sources (see Wayne Madsen Report, September 24) agree that the transfer of these nuclear weapons to Iran was blocked by US Air Force personnel, backed up by anti-Cheney factions in the intelligence community, who refused to obey an illegal order.
It is also important to note that some half dozen personnel linked to the Minot and Barksdale air bases have reportedly died under mysterious circumstances since July.
Elsewhere in his report, Terpley quotes his sources as saying that "It is unlikely that a sneak attack on Iran could get through the normal channels of the US national security interagency process. The realization of Cheney's war plan depends upon an outside manufactured event, along the lines of 9/11, which could be used to engineer the typical neocon end run around the standard operating procedures and launch the wider war. "
Webster Griffin Tarpley is an author, lecturer, and critic of US foreign and domestic policy. He maintains that the events of 9/11 were engineered by the military and arms industries. He envisions a model of false flag terror operated by a rogue network of independent operatives in the privatized military intelligence sector and corporate media.
Old 09.04.2008, 01:55 PM   #120
tesla69
Banned

comcastnews

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin told ministry students at her former church that the United States sent troops to fight in the Iraq war on a "task that is from God."

In an address last June, the Republican vice presidential candidate also urged ministry students to pray for a plan to build a $30 billion natural gas pipeline in the state, calling it "God's will."

Palin asked the students to pray for the troops in Iraq, and noted that her eldest son, Track, was expected to be deployed there.

"Our national leaders are sending them out on a task that is from God," she said. "That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for, that there is a plan and that plan is God's plan."

A video of the speech was posted at the Wasilla Assembly of God's Web site before finding its way on to other sites on the Internet.

Palin told graduating students of the church's School of Ministry, "What I need to do is strike a deal with you guys." As they preached the love of Jesus throughout Alaska, she said, she'd work to implement God's will from the governor's office, including creating jobs by building a pipeline to bring North Slope natural gas to North American markets.

"God's will has to be done in unifying people and companies to get that gas line built, so pray for that," she said.

"I can do my job there in developing our natural resources and doing things like getting the roads paved and making sure our troopers have their cop cars and their uniforms and their guns, and making sure our public schools are funded," she added. "But really all of that stuff doesn't do any good if the people of Alaska's heart isn't right with God."

Palin attended the evangelical church from the time she was a teenager until 2002, the church said in a statement posted on its Web site. She has continued to attend special conferences and meetings there. Religious conservatives have welcomed her selection as John McCain's running mate.

Rob Boston, a spokesman for Americans United for Separation of Church and State, lamented Palin's comments.

"I miss the days when pastors delivered sermons and politicians delivered political speeches," he said. "The United States is increasingly diverse religiously. The job of a president is to unify all those different people and bring them together around policy goals, not to act as a kind of national pastor and bring people to God."

The section of the church's Web site where videos of past sermons were posted was shut down Wednesday, and a message was posted saying that the site "was never intended to handle the traffic it has received in the last few days."

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth