Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Sonic Youth at Allentown Fair tomorrow
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.30.2006, 04:16 PM   #1
deflinus
expwy. to yr skull

deflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's asses
today i've just decided to try to go see them tomorrow at the Allentown Fair. the thing is though i can't buy the tickets online today cause i don't have a credit card. so i'm going to try to buy them tomorrow at the door.

im worried there won't be anymore tickets though, does anyone know if this event will be packed? i was thinking of taking my girlfriend but she doesn't like packed big standing crowds going crazy. is it going to be like that, you think? i've never been to the fair before so i don't know how huge the concert place is. and i've never attended any sonic youth show before so i dont know how the crowds are.

anyone got any info on this gig?
deflinus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.31.2006, 06:52 AM   #2
nickybones
empty page

nickybones is a name known to allnickybones is a name known to allnickybones is a name known to allnickybones is a name known to allnickybones is a name known to allnickybones is a name known to all
hey...i'm going, but i'm not sure how crowded it will be, or if you'll be able to score tix at the door. i do remember, however, that they were actual seats you could get tix for if you and your girl don't want to stand in the general admission area...
nickybones is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.31.2006, 11:31 AM   #3
Green Magnesium
100%

Green Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's asses
New board member here. I will be going to this show tonight as well (I'm stoked by the way). I think your best bet is to look for General Admission ticks at the door. Even if you can find seats in the Grandstand (seating area) you will be TOO far from the stage.

If your concern is the crowd being completely out of control, I don't think you have to worry. These are four indie rock bands playing, not Megadeth. Being that I am 5'3" and 120 lbs., and the girl I'm going with is even tinier, we are not necessarily fans of the mosh pit either. Granted... this will be my first Youth and/or Lips show, but if there is any craziness I'm sure it will be in pockets, and no mass insanity will ensue. Just avoid the rowdy people.

PS... The show starts at 5PM and the YOUTH go on at 6!! I just hope I don't get fuckin lost on the way there.
Green Magnesium is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.31.2006, 04:47 PM   #4
guitarpro
100%

guitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's asses
I was gonna fly back east to see em. But since they added the two CA dates I'm just gonna hit both of those. But if anyone records the show please hook me up with a copy.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth