Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Sacramento show...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.02.2006, 06:43 PM   #1
noisemachine
100%

noisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's asses
So the only California date SY is doing sans Pearl Jam is the Sacramento one so it looks like i'll have to make the 7 hour drive to see them . My question is if anyone knows who the tickets will be sold through and when. The venue website doesnt even have them listed. Anyone have any info on this?

noisemachine is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.02.2006, 06:55 PM   #2
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Just go see them with pearl jam...you live santa barbara...I wouldn't even think of going to sacramento....

Sy is my favorite band and all, but if they aren't gonna come down close enough alone...fuck it...
Old 05.02.2006, 06:58 PM   #3
John Violence
the end of the ugly

John Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's asses
I was thinking about going to the Sacramento show with some friends. 10 hours is a pretty long drive though.
John Violence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.02.2006, 07:01 PM   #4
noisemachine
100%

noisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's asses
I wanted to see them in Santa Barbara with Pearl Jam but tickets for that have long been sold out. Aside from that, tickets started around $60 and I was gonna have trouble paying for that anyways. At least my parents live about 1 1/2 south of Sac so I can sort of make it a multi-purpose trip up there.

Old 05.02.2006, 07:27 PM   #5
John Violence
the end of the ugly

John Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah I was originally gonna go to the SB show but when I saw 60 dollar tickets I said fuck it. I would rather travel more and see SY play a longer set at a smaller venue.
John Violence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.03.2006, 03:14 AM   #6
RicePudding
empty page

RicePudding has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Tickets go on sale friday through tickets.com I believe.
RicePudding is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.03.2006, 12:19 PM   #7
noisemachine
100%

Got it. Thanks, Rice!

Old 05.03.2006, 03:41 PM   #8
RicePudding
empty page

RicePudding has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
No problem. I wish I could tell you if Empire was a decent venue or not. I don't live in Sactown any more, so I haven't been there since it opened. Anyone have an Empire experience they'd like to share?
RicePudding is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.03.2006, 04:55 PM   #9
malefactor
little trouble girl

malefactor kicks all y'all's assesmalefactor kicks all y'all's assesmalefactor kicks all y'all's assesmalefactor kicks all y'all's assesmalefactor kicks all y'all's assesmalefactor kicks all y'all's assesmalefactor kicks all y'all's assesmalefactor kicks all y'all's assesmalefactor kicks all y'all's assesmalefactor kicks all y'all's assesmalefactor kicks all y'all's asses
I can't complain at all since I live only 7 blocks away from the Empire. Plus I get to see them again in Reno the next day!! It'll be nice to see SY in a smaller venue like the Empire, then to see them again at the Theater at the Reno Hilton, which claims to have the worlds largest stage...
malefactor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.03.2006, 05:40 PM   #10
noisemachine
100%

malefactor, how is the Empire compared to other venues? How big is it, whats the capacity, how are the acoustics, etc?
Also, what is the parking situation around there like? Is there plenty of street parking or will I have to go somewhere and pay?

Thanks in advance.

Old 05.04.2006, 04:05 PM   #11
malefactor
little trouble girl

malefactor kicks all y'all's assesmalefactor kicks all y'all's assesmalefactor kicks all y'all's assesmalefactor kicks all y'all's assesmalefactor kicks all y'all's assesmalefactor kicks all y'all's assesmalefactor kicks all y'all's assesmalefactor kicks all y'all's assesmalefactor kicks all y'all's assesmalefactor kicks all y'all's assesmalefactor kicks all y'all's asses
I've never been to the Empire, I think they mostly play top 40 dance/r&b during the nights they're open. sounds like a perfect place for a SY show! I don't know, maybe I'll go if I'm really bored one night, then I can tell you about the acoustics and whatnot. But it doesn't look like a huge place, and you won't have to worry much about parking...it's pretty easy to find a free place to park in sacramento at night. Have you seen any good shows in SB lately?
malefactor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2006, 01:37 AM   #12
B8FI
empty page

B8FI has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicePudding
No problem. I wish I could tell you if Empire was a decent venue or not. I don't live in Sactown any more, so I haven't been there since it opened. Anyone have an Empire experience they'd like to share?

I saw Sleater Kinney there and swore I'd never go back. I went in and about 10 seconds later found out there was no in/outs - like a high school dance. They share a patio with a restaurant but you couldn't go out to smoke until the restaurant closed. There was no reasoning with security and they ran the place more like a penitentiary than an entertainment venue. I haven't been back to the emperor's penal colony since.

I live in walking distance and will probably go the show. Oh, the things I do for SY. I would have gone to SF just to avoid the Empire but I can't stomach Pearl Jam - or giving my $ to Clear Channel - but that's a different story.
B8FI is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2006, 01:45 AM   #13
noisemachine
100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by malefactor
Have you seen any good shows in SB lately?
Unfortunately, no. Theres not a very great music scene here. Usually I have to drive to LA to see anything good. The group that gets bands to play on campus couldnt book a decent act if their lives depended on it, but I guess when most people are just listening to whats on the radio, thats what you get. Anyways, I think the last show I saw was Pinback, not that I really like them, but more out of boredom.

I did go to Coachella this weekend which was awesome so I'll be good for a while!

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth