Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page (actual) world cup thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.16.2010, 11:18 AM   #121
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellcharge
honestly i think they were dominant from the start, but when your shots go outside the bar it doesn't work out. their defense was a fault too, i mean the swiss barely had any offensive opportunities and still managed to bang that one off the post later

Yeah, I was so shocked by the goal, which probably clouded my assessment of Switzerland's actual performance.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2010, 11:21 AM   #122
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
hahahaah!
Old 06.16.2010, 11:23 AM   #123
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
glad spain lost.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2010, 11:23 AM   #124
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
does everyone hate spain because they are favorites, or were?
Old 06.16.2010, 11:24 AM   #125
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

Haha, brilliant! And i'm totally with you on the Vuvuwhatsits.
Old 06.16.2010, 11:30 AM   #126
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:

I definitely don't hate Spain and, besides the interest that an upset inevitably brings, I wanted them to win. The problem is that traditionally this is what Spain does. It builds up the expectations of the world and then fuck things up. If Spain were a band they'd be Queens of the Stone Age, post Songs For the Deaf.
Old 06.16.2010, 11:33 AM   #127
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

i don't hate them, i feel a little sorry for them, they field these teams that look awesome on paper and then they always inevitably fuck up, and it's hilarious.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2010, 11:36 AM   #128
demonrail666
invito al cielo

The only positive I can think of for Spain is that they may have gotten their inevitable blip out of the way now, before it can have any real impact. I still think they're very serious contenders. (Unlike QOTSA)
Old 06.16.2010, 11:38 AM   #129
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

so S. Africa plays again today. excellent.
Can Uruguay win? They need the points!
Old 06.16.2010, 11:41 AM   #130
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
ha ha, awesome! i agree with 90% of it (the vuvuzelas can die in a fire)

the vuvuzuelas is like having an Earth record playing at full blast during a futbol match! I think that shit is great! drone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06.16.2010, 11:44 AM   #131
wellcharge
expwy. to yr skull

wellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asses
not everyone complains about vuvuzelas, in fact i heard that prettyboy losers; spain actually encourage spectators at their practices to bring tha noize
wellcharge is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2010, 11:47 AM   #132
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
the vuvuzuelas is like having an Earth record playing at full blast during a futbol match! I think that shit is great! drone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that's cuz you're confusing a futbol game with a concert

ps- im being polite even though you called us idiots!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellcharge
not everyone complains about vuvuzelas, in fact i heard that prettyboy losers; spain actually encourage spectators at their practices to bring tha noize

that's to get them accustomed to hell-- next world cup: firebombs
Old 06.16.2010, 11:59 AM   #133
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I meant the losers in the media who havenothing better to write about!!! and you!

Old 06.16.2010, 12:11 PM   #134
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
that's cuz you're confusing a futbol game with a concert

But it's the world cup, which is as much a sporting spectacle as it anything purely to do with just the game. The ridiculously light ball seems to be having a far bigger impact on the actual matches than a few thousand people blowing trumpets. And I do really think they sound awesome. Sort of menacing, but in a good way.
Old 06.16.2010, 12:20 PM   #135
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
I meant the losers in the media who havenothing better to write about!!! and you!

ha ha ha ha-- damn newbie!

at this point broadcasters are managing to partially shield their mics from the barrage, which is why most of us can watch a little better, but i'm concerned that it's affecting the players, and ultimately that's what matters. sure, it's the same noise for everyone (you can say the same thing about wet pitches, balls that are too light, wind, etc), but i want to see as many good games as i can and not 144dbs of dumbass blowhorn. i have a couple of ear-splitting maryanne amacher cds that i play often, but not when i try to hear what somebody else is saying-- and players need to be able to hear each other to play at their best.

anyway, uruguay has a good defense that could stop the south africans cold (i think if they put someone on tshabalala's ass that's 50% of winning the game), but what's left to see is if uruguay's world-class strikers are able to get their shit together & actually score instead of the team just frustrating their opponents. last game the strikers didn't get many balls from the midfield and their play together had not gelled, but on a good day uruguay can play incredibly well-- the problem is that they are not consistent. physically, they are bigger and stronger than the mexican players, which is a good thing against the big & fast south africans. cuahutemoc blanco looked like a fucking ladybug the other day. so i think yeah uruguay can win, and the support of the crowd for south africa, which is usually a big factor, will be rendered null by those awful trumpets.
Old 06.16.2010, 12:21 PM   #136
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.vuvuzela-time.co.uk/www.s...isplay.php?f=5

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2010, 12:21 PM   #137
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
you guys need to speak up. i can hardly hear u

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2010, 12:26 PM   #138
chicka
expwy. to yr skull

chicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asses
Chile looked very good this morning constantly looking to attack instead of passing back and forth chewing up the time. North Korea should look good as they have been together as a team longer than anyone else. The announcer claimed that North Korean fans were hired actors as the government certainly wouldn't allow folks out of the country. Swiss looked ok as did Spain. Spain's major problem was over passing if you ask me.

How do they seed the teams for the knockout rounds? Most points earned #1 least amount of points earned #16. All ties broken by goals scored?
Old 06.16.2010, 12:29 PM   #139
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
i don't hate them, i feel a little sorry for them, they field these teams that look awesome on paper and then they always inevitably fuck up, and it's hilarious.

they started out the first half looking awesome compared to the swiss who took 40 minutes or so to get into it, the swiss started playing, to quote larry bird "like sissies" and I was so surprised they pulled it off.

I'm waiting for SA to start at 11am.. damn you folks back east are lucky, these games start at 430AM pacific, I catch the first one before leaving for work around 540ish..

NBA FINAL tomorrow, fucking Boston is getting tossed, I was rooting for Phoenix but I got to go for home team against those dickwads in boston, they are the only team more thug, more crooked, more cocky than LA!

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2010, 12:30 PM   #140
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicka

How do they seed the teams for the knockout rounds? Most points earned #1 least amount of points earned #16. All ties broken by goals scored?

the 2 top teams of each group qualify & play in a bracket against those qualified in adjacent groups-- it's elimination from then on

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/kostage.html

"1A / 2B" is first place of A group vs 2nd place of B group-- apply to the rest.

the number in the middle is the game number. along with the date (day/month). games 49 and 50 are on june 26: [49] 26/06, [50] 26/06

W49 means "winner of game #49". etc.
> »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth