Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What TV are you watching (live, dvd, etc.)?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.16.2020, 08:37 AM   #3041
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
and yet, like the cw keeping buffy alive, and having other hits that elude me personally, the syfy channel had some hits.

they had the glorious battlestar galactica (that was big), aired the original mst3k (not so big but culturally relevant), brought the reboot of dr who to america (which i actually missed in that first run), and have had other accomplishments to keep them alive.

a few years ago they had this cheaply but really cheaply made little show call “defiance” that i liked for a while.

then again of course there have been many duds in between, like one show about people with superpowers featuring this woman who could smell the poo 3 floors down in her office building... man i tried to like it but that show sucked. “alphas” or something? oy...

eta: there also must be something likeable among this wrecks:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...original_films
megashark vs mechashark? i’m interested

oh and of course, i forgot cuz ive never been a fan, but didn’t they carry stargate sg-1 for half a century or something? or it carried them...

I dunno man, but in the Buffy days I’m prrrty sure the CW was still the WB or whatever.

Anyway, SyFy did make Farscape available to U.S. audiences, and that was a weird and fun little deal for a while if you didn’t think too hard about it.

Also that show Eureka, based on a Stephen King short-story but having literally nothing to do with said story other than a character named “The Colorado Kid” was... eh, not great but OK.

I shrug.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.16.2020, 08:40 AM   #3042
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Finally watching the FARGO TV show, and it’s quite good. I guess I didn’t believe a Coen Bros. tribute show would be able to be good in the same way that the Coens themselves are, but ... it kind of is.

Can’t wait to start seeing Barton Fink references. Woo.
Old 01.16.2020, 09:18 AM   #3043
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I dunno man, but in the Buffy days I’m prrrty sure the CW was still the WB or whatever.

Anyway, SyFy did make Farscape available to U.S. audiences, and that was a weird and fun little deal for a while if you didn’t think too hard about it.

Also that show Eureka, based on a Stephen King short-story but having literally nothing to do with said story other than a character named “The Colorado Kid” was... eh, not great but OK.

I shrug.
the wb and upn were folded into the cw. my point wasn’t to track tv corporate mergers but simply to say that sometimes a shit network can make or carry a good show. they do.

funny thing, i’ve never seen farscape but it keeps popping in my recommendations. maybe some day.

and you didn’t like galactica? the ending was annoying for me, but some time it was a thrilling mystery and a massive success. after than ended i was also moderately enjoying caprica (the prequel), but they shitcanned it, not sure why- probably too pricey for the ratings, but it wasn’t bad.

-

fargo is fucking great. have not seen 4th season yet do not breathe a word of it
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.17.2020, 10:40 PM   #3044
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
im watching the ongoing season of VIKINGS

super annoying to have to watch it with commercials. viking funeral followed by furniture store commercial wtf.

i should wait a year or 2 and catch it “clean.”
Old 01.18.2020, 10:36 AM   #3045
Severian
invito al cielo

I’m watching the Fargo tv series and it’s pretty damn good
Old 01.21.2020, 09:39 AM   #3046
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

just saw a hobo ad that paolo sorrentino’s pope show is “returning”

HELL THE FUCK YEAH. really look forward to that one. likely will get a month of it in the summer.

bingeing is so much nicer than piecemeal installments. currently stuck on that with VIKINGS. plus the commercials i mentioned above, fml.

-

meanwhile, been watching JACK RYAN on amazon. the one with jim from the office. it’s less fascist and xenophobic than the usual clancy fare, probably because the guy died long ago and writers had to refresh for current times. it’s actually pretty enjoyable improbable action.. a bit like HOMELAND but without the mental illness angle or claire danes. so, not great, but okay.
Old 01.21.2020, 09:48 AM   #3047
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
im watching the ongoing season of VIKINGS

super annoying to have to watch it with commercials. viking funeral followed by furniture store commercial wtf.

i should wait a year or 2 and catch it “clean.”

Wife and I plan Viking funerals. Send us down the river in a flaming rowboat.
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.21.2020, 09:51 PM   #3048
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
just saw a hobo ad that paolo sorrentino’s pope show is “returning”

HELL THE FUCK YEAH. really look forward to that one. likely will get a month of it in the summer.

bingeing is so much nicer than piecemeal installments. currently stuck on that with VIKINGS. plus the commercials i mentioned above, fml.

-

meanwhile, been watching JACK RYAN on amazon. the one with jim from the office. it’s less fascist and xenophobic than the usual clancy fare, probably because the guy died long ago and writers had to refresh for current times. it’s actually pretty enjoyable improbable action.. a bit like HOMELAND but without the mental illness angle or claire danes. so, not great, but okay.

Sorrentino’s show? The New Pope? “Sequel” or whatever to the excellent The Young Pope?

Yeah, finally. I’m excited too.
Old 01.21.2020, 10:14 PM   #3049
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Sorrentino’s show? The New Pope? “Sequel” or whatever to the excellent The Young Pope?

Yeah, finally. I’m excited too.
yyyyyyyyes!

sorrentino is fucking great

did you ever see “the great beauty”?

what a movie. a little confusing some parts of the plot, but eh, i forgive him all
Old 01.22.2020, 07:54 AM   #3050
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
yyyyyyyyes!

sorrentino is fucking great

did you ever see “the great beauty”?

what a movie. a little confusing some parts of the plot, but eh, i forgive him all

I don’t think so. Not ringing any bells.
But Young Pope was electric. Like Twin Peaks and the good House Of Cards seasons had a baby.

Love that theme, too — a song by Recondite.
Old 01.22.2020, 07:59 AM   #3051
Severian
invito al cielo

Also watching The Outsider on HBO.

Based on some Stephen King book I haven’t read. Has Jason Bateman and Ben Mendelsohn. Good ass shit so far. Not what you’d expect from a King adaptation (e.g.: 80% chance of crap showers). Also, seems to be different thematically from a lot of King’s stuff, with more of a True Detective vibe.

I’m sure it will get bodysnatchery and end up being full of some weird body horror stuff and that an already mean and abusive man or woman (probably man, think I know who, actually) will become supernaturally mean and abusive but for now it feels kinda fresh.
Old 01.22.2020, 08:52 AM   #3052
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
I don’t think so. Not ringing any bells.
But Young Pope was electric. Like Twin Peaks and the good House Of Cards seasons had a baby.

Love that theme, too — a song by Recondite.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2358891/

this one is... i mean... probably the best thing ive seen in the last decade? i don't know, something.

if you can't find it free, worth the price of rental.
Old 01.22.2020, 08:54 AM   #3053
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

oh, shit, terry jones croaked

--

just read that he had dementia and aphasia. ayayay...

goodbye mr. creosote
Old 01.22.2020, 09:55 AM   #3054
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

this one is... i mean... probably the best thing ive seen in the last decade? i don't know, something.

Gotta agree with you there. I've espoused about it a couple of times on here already, but I will say it's worth a watch. Just don't let yourself get distracted by your phone or anything. It's a film that's worth your full attention.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.22.2020, 10:35 AM   #3055
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

that's a good one, alright!
Old 01.23.2020, 08:58 AM   #3056
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
oh, shit, terry jones croaked

--

just read that he had dementia and aphasia. ayayay...

goodbye mr. creosote

RIP very sad
Old 01.24.2020, 06:21 AM   #3057
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
I'm watching the Australian Open. Coco Gauff beat Osaka earlier, and right now Federer is having a hard time with Millman, who I had never heard about but he's from Oz.

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.24.2020, 09:49 AM   #3058
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
got the 1st ep of ST Picard and watched it last night with the wife. I liked it a lot. Not too much lens flare. hahahhahahahahha
Old 01.24.2020, 10:48 AM   #3059
ilduclo
invito al cielo

I thought it looked like a pretty decent premise, but, really, a NINJA as one of his assistants?
Old 01.24.2020, 11:08 AM   #3060
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilduclo
I thought it looked like a pretty decent premise, but, really, a NINJA as one of his assistants?

You mean the "crew" they show towards the end? Yeah, we will see how that goes.
103143150151152 153 154155156163 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth