Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Basketball Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.10.2014, 01:33 PM   #181
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I was in San Antonio Sunday visiting relatives and the whole town was so depressed after that game! SA should have won easily.

They should be depressed, they over celebrated their Game 1 like they already were given the trophy, just like in reality the team over celebrated them bringing out the Trophy in Game 6, meanwhile Heat too that as motivation to win. Lebron went out to the movies IN SAN ANTONIO the NIGHT before Game 2 MEANWHILE the ENTIRE city was making fun of him on twitter and tv.... Guy is confident to win, Spurs should take that to consideration. Also I'm curious, why should Spurs "have won easily"??

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.10.2014, 01:59 PM   #182
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
It looked to me to be a lack of focus in the 4th quarter that kept SA making stupid turnovers. The Heat looked like they were ready to fold, but were given new life. I guess they were not going to win easily, but they had that victory at hand. Someone needs to learn how to dish out hard fouls
Old 06.10.2014, 06:27 PM   #183
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
It looked to me to be a lack of focus in the 4th quarter that kept SA making stupid turnovers. The Heat looked like they were ready to fold, but were given new life. s

I see you don't watch a lot of Heat basketball so let me explain, the Heat FORCED those turnovers, so they weren't given any life, they took it from San Antonio directly. If you didn't notice, Lebron scored 8 points in 56 seconds NO FREE THROWS in the 2nd quarter, then went on a SOLO run against the Spurs shooting 6-6 in the 3rd all with "the look" on his face. Spurs were going to lose that game, period. Here is the bigger question, why should it have been easy for them?

They were down in every single quarter of Game 1 and indeed it was THEM who looked totally out of life in the 3rd and were gifted that Lebron injury which for some reason totally demoralized a Heat team that was playing lights out. Not even my bias or any beef with the Spurs, all respect to them, but Heat had more of a chance to be up 2-0 in this series than the Spurs really did. That being said, the one thing most about Heat or Spurs is how they can surprise you from game to game, so there is no telling the outcome of tonight.

Old 06.10.2014, 08:55 PM   #184
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
SA should have won easily.

I guess you were right

Old 06.11.2014, 08:25 AM   #185
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Like I said, S.A is the more complete team, and while Heat have LeBron, the best player of the 24 players competing, the overall team is far less talented than the Spurs. The Heat play a rotation of 6 people! You cannot win championship against a team that rotates 10-11 players who each contribute.

That was a straight up asswhuppin.

Leonard went off, 22 years old, making LeBron look old in the process. I know that this was still holdover issues for lebron from the dehydration of the earlier game and that he will come back hard next game.

BTW, I hate this 2-2-1-1-1- format for the Finals. It is fucking bullshit. I much prefer the 2-3-2 format, as it really benefits the team with no home field advantage when they do work hard and win one of the first two games away from home. I do not like how the format makes the teams fly 4-5 times for a 7 game series. bullshit.

Old 06.11.2014, 10:28 AM   #186
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

"We did it to ourselves," Chris Bosh said. "With all due respect to them, it's nothing that they did."

With all due respect, Mr. Bosh, they DID IT TO YOU.

"They came out at a different gear than what we were playing at," Erik Spoelstra said.

Coach, your job is to ensure your team comes out , at home, in TOP GEAR. Your fault.

"We were too casual," Ray Allen said.

Mr. Allen, that is a sign of an immature team, which is very strange since this team has been in NBA Finals 3 years in a row.

"They had us on our heels from the beginning," James said.

Mr. James, that is the sign of an un-prepared team.
Old 06.11.2014, 11:09 AM   #187
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Miami has turned the ball over on 19.9 percent of its possessions in this series
Old 06.11.2014, 03:22 PM   #188
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

The Spurs have God's wives (yes, he is a polygamist) on their side!
Old 06.12.2014, 09:57 PM   #189
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

That Leonard dunk was a mighty put-back!
Old 06.12.2014, 11:31 PM   #190
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

God Bless Spurs... They sure looked blessed! Is what it is, respect to them, I've had my fun the past few years, torch has to be passed some time. "Let the chips fall where they lay."

Old 06.13.2014, 02:42 PM   #191
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Heat won back to back championships, something only 5 teams have done, and as great as Spurs are they're not one of them. As bad as these losses are it takes nothing away from how dominant the Heat have been the past few years, and it is what it is. I had my fun celebrating all those wins, and I will be a good sport about these losses too.. Its the way the ball bounces and if this is what everybody wants, so be it, let them have their fun now, Lord knows I've had mine! I only hope Heat can develop their system of defense and hyper efficient offense into some kind of longevity resembling what the Spurs have done the past 17 years..

Old 06.14.2014, 03:58 PM   #192
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Oh, how cute.

Listen, now that all the "greatest of all time" hyperbole (which I've never indulged in by the way) is finally put to rest can we just get back to enjoying Lebron's otherworldy game on its own merits? The guy will finish like Wilt Chamberlain or more particularly Oscar Robertson, a HOF legend with a few rings and all-time stats. Ain't no shame in that. Personally, I'm happy, I can enjoy Lebron in peace without all the extra hype attached. Would I have preferred to win the Championship? Of course, but I am a good sport about things, particularly tough losses. Is what it is. The Ball Don't Lie, especially when it bounces against your team. At the least, I can say that Lebron had a fair chance by making it to the Finals (AHEM: UNLIKE THE ROCKETS), which is exactly what he and the Heat set out to do. They put themselves in the position to win not 1, not 2, not 3.. Championships and while they didn't win them, we'd all be foolish not at least recognize that they put themselves in the honest position to do just that, which no other team since 1987 had.. Also Lebron is young, I think the entire NBA realizes that he will win at least one more ring, more than likely do what Kobe did and try for one more 3 pete, though clearly Pat Riley will have to retire, because ever since he Trademarked the term "Threepete" NONE of his teams have won it, even with three distinct opportunities now. He jinxed himself!!

Respect to the Spurs.

Old 06.15.2014, 10:46 PM   #193
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Respect to Spurs, they were a phenomenal team, and by far, of all their Championships this was finally a very legitimate win. They've beat a lot of mediocre teams, but beating the two-time Champs was a statement. It also is telling of just how athletic the NBA has become, its not that Spurs were that much better than Heat, its that clearly by all the horrible shooting (from a Heat team that ranked number 1 in offensive efficiency 4 consecutive years no less) that all the mileage wore the Heat down, which is surprising, I would have honestly took that bet against the Spurs a hundred times thinking it would be them who would get fatigued! The NBA is so much more competitive its the reason why we haven't seen a 3-pete in 12 years, and why we haven't seen a Finals rematch since 1998.. Teams are just more competitive, bringing it harder in every game, on every possession, and those transcendental talents can only go so far now. I dare say that even Jordan wouldn't have won 6 rings in today's NBA, sure there was more physical play in his era but today there is simply more talent around on every team. Jordan feasted on shit teams and beat a handful of great teams in Finals, meanwhile there were 6 or 8 legitimate Championship contenders this year. The NBA is better than ever, and this series I think proves it. In the 1980s or 1990s Heat would have won this game because the earlier rounds over the past few years wouldn't have been as tiring as they were the past few years.

Respect to Spurs, they shut me up with emphasis!! Of course this doesn't somehow erase the Heat's recent 2 banners, it doesn't negate that win or lose the Championship went through Miami the past four consecutive years as gatekeeper, and that we all know that at 29 Lebron will win at least one more ring..

If anything, FINALLY we can stop all this hyperbole. NO, Lebron is not the best player of all time. He will more than likely finish as a HOF legend like Wilt Chamberlain or Oscar Robertson, a few rings and a few unbeatable all-time stats. Isn't that enough or has the #Hashtag era truly ruined good sportsmanship??

Old 06.16.2014, 08:13 AM   #194
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I told you so.

Much respect to the Heat, who never resorted to dirty play or angry play. They lost like the champs they are. The Spurs dominated like the better team they are.

Timmy D - 5 championships in 16 years, Nice. Must be great being a San Antonio fan.

BTW, I did NOT like when the Heat crowd booed their team. That felt mean.
Old 06.16.2014, 09:46 AM   #195
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

when driven people finally win the championship, or achieve the goal they sought, the emotions are rarely of triumph, instead they focus on RELIEF! That is what the greats always say.

Here is the greatest coach of the past 20 years feeling RELIEF

It was awesome to see

Old 06.16.2014, 09:47 AM   #196
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Old 06.16.2014, 05:08 PM   #197
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Wait up Bytor, if we reverse that list at put ALL those players at 29 lebron is better so be careful what you ask for. Jordan hadn't even seen the second round of the playoffs until Phil Jackson arrived, meanwhile Lebron has never lost in the first round period. At 29 it looks like this

Jordan 2 Rings, 2 MVPs, 2 Gold Medals
Tim Duncan 2 Rings
Kobe 3 rings 1 MVP
Lebron 2 Rings, 5 Finals, 4 MVPS, 2 Gold Medals...

come off it bro, in 20 years if people who never saw ANY of these players play basketball just looked at the stats they would think you're insane for snubbing Lebron. Is he the greatest all time? Hardly. But lets not kid ourselves like his achievements don't at least put him in the same conversation as any of the "greats"

Respect to the Spurs, its the Spurs who won the Championship, but Lebron's legacy is self-assured on its own. If he retired TOMORROW with 2 medals, 2 rings, 4 MVPS, he'd be HOF first ballot and could be talked into top20 players all time...

Lets see where his career finishes before he just shit on him. Also, give the guy some respect, he is probably the single most shitted on athlete in sports history, yet he never lashes out, and he just keeps playing his game his way.

ALSO THIS WHOLE BUILT VS BOUGHT IS BULLSHIT. SPURS HAVE THE INTERNATIONAL ALL-STAR TEAM STACKED WITH SOME OF THE BEST TALENT IN THE WORLD. Heat picked up the equivalent but of NBA veterans.. really your argument is sensationalist hyperbole, and I'll forgive you.

ALSO, really, what is wrong with Heat free-agent asserting their power as players in negotiations? Why should it be all the owners way? Why should teams be trapped in rookie deals and weird trades and all kinds of salary nonsense. Shouldn't players in a players league have a say where they play and for how much? Why should these guys "have to take pay cuts to build the team" when the players bring in all the money?? If anything, you ask me, Spurs players ROB themselves of the kind of financial opportunities that being in the NBA is supposed to afford...

You're celebrating, and I won't take that joy from you, you being out of your right mind and all, especially HOW I DON'T SEE IN ANYWAY ALL THAT SPURS LOVES YOU GOT HELPS YOUR ROCKETS DO ANY BETTER THAN LEBRON.

Call me when James Harden or Dwight Howard have 2 rings and 4 mvps yo

Old 06.16.2014, 05:37 PM   #198
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Also, short term dynasty???? Are you predicting the future now? How do you know that what the Heat have done isn't a system?

They have been the most efficient offense in the NBA 3 consecutive years. They have been in the top-3 ball moving teams for 3 consecutive years. They have been on of the top defenses in the NBA 3 consecutive years.

That is a system. If Heat duplicate the style of play they will be a long term threat the way Spurs or Lakers have been... Trust that.

4 Finals appearance in 9 years, 3 trophies??? That is NOT SHORT TERM. Fuck you.

Old 06.17.2014, 10:52 AM   #199
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

what I HATED about that ^^ was that the NBC split screen showed the bronco "chase" in much bigger window than the NBA Finals game,.
Old 06.17.2014, 01:54 PM   #200
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Speaking of Rockets how did Spurs winning help them out exactly

> »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth