Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page TORONTO 30/06/09 Setlist..what a fucking surprise.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.02.2009, 07:22 PM   #81
neptuneg
100%

neptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's asses
Two guitar
neptuneg is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.02.2009, 07:27 PM   #82
mattmacneil
little trouble girl

mattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-krack
I had a little weirded-out moment when Thurston fucked up in Anti-Orgasm, too. But when they busted out What We Know in the encore, I blew my balls. Such a bad-ass tune.

That was definitely Steve who messed that one up. He came in too early before the verse and threw everything off for a bit.

mattmacneil is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.02.2009, 07:43 PM   #83
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by neptuneg
Two guitar

Kim's not playing guitar? Are there two basses then? It's pretty hard to see at the distance that video was shot.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.02.2009, 07:50 PM   #84
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-krack
Sorry, man, I don't mean to offend anybody by that, it was just a bit of a bummer, driving 6 hours, paying 60 dollars, and seeing a half-decent show.
The set wasn't even bad, by any means. But, had they broken up the Eternal material (maybe every 3-4 songs, throw a classic in) instead of putting it all together in the middle, you know?

I had a little weirded-out moment when Thurston fucked up in Anti-Orgasm, too. But when they busted out What We Know in the encore, I blew my balls. Such a bad-ass tune.

Haha don't be sorry, I'm just being a prick. I totally see where you're coming from, like I explained earlier. I just think people would be used to it by now! The shows immediately after a new record is released are always jam-packed with 95-100% of the album. The shows I saw on the "Rather Ripped" tour only had 3 or 4 old songs in them, and the entire new album. That was cool, I wanted to hear the new album!

I think you have to catch SY in those odd years between 'album tours' where they shake it up more -- well, the first 6 months of this year (and most of last year too, I suppose!) were like this. I won't lie, I would've loved to have seen ANY of the shows last year or earlier this year, but it didn't work out. I guarantee I won't be disappointed when I see them later this month though...
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.02.2009, 07:53 PM   #85
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lawrence
Haha don't be sorry, I'm just being a prick. I totally see where you're coming from, like I explained earlier. I just think people would be used to it by now! The shows immediately after a new record is released are always jam-packed with 95-100% of the album. The shows I saw on the "Rather Ripped" tour only had 3 or 4 old songs in them, and the entire new album. That was cool, I wanted to hear the new album!

I think you have to catch SY in those odd years between 'album tours' where they shake it up more -- well, the first 6 months of this year (and most of last year too, I suppose!) were like this. I won't lie, I would've loved to have seen ANY of the shows last year or earlier this year, but it didn't work out. I guarantee I won't be disappointed when I see them later this month though...

Totally. On the Bad Moon Rising tour they barely played anything from the three records (SY, Confusion, and Kill Yr. Idols) preceding it. In fact, they started playing stuff from Evol ("Expressway...") pretty early into that tour!
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.02.2009, 11:29 PM   #86
reginald
stalker

reginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's asses
This is the dream-type setlist for me for this tour. ALL of The Eternal and only 2 songs I've seen live before !

I hope they play the entire new album in Nashville and other past tunes I've never seen/heard live before....

Woohoo !!!!

I'd love to get socked in the geezer by Lee too !!!!

reginald is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2009, 01:27 AM   #87
mattmacneil
little trouble girl

mattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's assesmattmacneil kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginald

I'd love to get socked in the geezer by Lee too !!!!

I lost my front teeth, but I don't care!

mattmacneil is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2009, 09:18 AM   #88
Vatican Abortion Clinic
empty page

Vatican Abortion Clinic kicks all y'all's assesVatican Abortion Clinic kicks all y'all's assesVatican Abortion Clinic kicks all y'all's assesVatican Abortion Clinic kicks all y'all's assesVatican Abortion Clinic kicks all y'all's assesVatican Abortion Clinic kicks all y'all's assesVatican Abortion Clinic kicks all y'all's assesVatican Abortion Clinic kicks all y'all's assesVatican Abortion Clinic kicks all y'all's assesVatican Abortion Clinic kicks all y'all's assesVatican Abortion Clinic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightosix
SY are not unlike Radiohead or Lou Reed who when touring behind a new album will play every or almost every track.

Well the distinction is that Radiohead also does a 2-2.5 hour set on average and has at least 24-25 songs and while they do play 90% of their new album, they also play another 15 songs often spanning their entire career featuring many fan favorites (not necessarily "singles" but songs widely loved)

...and that's maybe why they are one of the best live bands on the planet.
Vatican Abortion Clinic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2009, 06:36 PM   #89
RanaldoNecro
expwy. to yr skull

RanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's asses

RanaldoNecro is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.04.2009, 10:21 AM   #90
UsedName
empty page

UsedName has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
she is not alone.......fucking brilliant song.

I don't even have then recorded album yet, i hope it stands up to the live versions because i was fully satisfied with all the songs they played.
UsedName is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.07.2009, 05:16 PM   #91
jimmy jazz
empty page

jimmy jazz kicks all y'all's assesjimmy jazz kicks all y'all's assesjimmy jazz kicks all y'all's assesjimmy jazz kicks all y'all's assesjimmy jazz kicks all y'all's assesjimmy jazz kicks all y'all's assesjimmy jazz kicks all y'all's assesjimmy jazz kicks all y'all's assesjimmy jazz kicks all y'all's assesjimmy jazz kicks all y'all's assesjimmy jazz kicks all y'all's asses
Unbelievable show. I love love love Massey Hall; it's lovely and the sound is great there. When they started Death Valley '69 I didn't know what was up, I couldn't believe that it was that song...then it was !!!! I looked at my girlfriend and was smiling so much I though my face had ripped open. PCH was awesome too. Really doomy.
jimmy jazz is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2009, 04:25 AM   #92
unklerollie
empty page

unklerollie has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
just curious... does anybody out there, by chance, have an extra poster they are willing to part with? i wasnt able to get to the venue in time to hit the merch booth before it sold out...
unklerollie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.02.2009, 08:41 PM   #93
tough titty
little trouble girl

tough titty kicks all y'all's assestough titty kicks all y'all's assestough titty kicks all y'all's assestough titty kicks all y'all's assestough titty kicks all y'all's assestough titty kicks all y'all's assestough titty kicks all y'all's assestough titty kicks all y'all's assestough titty kicks all y'all's assestough titty kicks all y'all's assestough titty kicks all y'all's asses
Here's my audio recording of the show. I will share a DVD of the show when I finish it (which won't be for awhile).

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-d....php?id=260465
tough titty is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth