Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Is Trump really a serious contender for the Republican nomination?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.16.2017, 06:27 PM   #2521
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I feel like Stewart and Oliver both do a better job of saying, "Hey, I don't care if you're an R or a D, but THIS SHIT IS FUCKING BAD, AND THATS NOT A JOKE."

Agreed. Because they are both decent people who get indignant at indecency.

Speaking of Daily Show, a few people have left Real Time for the Daily Show because Bill is so awful to work for. More than one person has mentioned this publicly. The turnover rate is pretty high there.

I really can't respect a millionaire host who treats his staff like shit, especially since the staff actually writes everything.

Hell, he doesn't even write his own standup material. Really.

Fuck him.

And yet, like I said, I watch about 60 percent of the show every week. Go figure.

By the way, I'd give any amount of money to hear him tell Malala Yousafzai to her face that her religion is stupid and that she's a brainwashed sheep.

(Look her up. Meet a hero.)
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.16.2017, 10:21 PM   #2522
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
You did say print journalists were just behind their TV counterparts.

When?! I said TV news programs are losing their position as the main news source the way print media lost it to TV news — that's what "dodo path" means. You do know about the dodo bird, dontcha?

As for the agnosticism/atheism/apatheism discussion, it devolved real fucking quick. Correction: no, it didn't; it actually took its sweet time because your post was such an extremely long and boring to death reply I'm surprised you didn't fall into a verbosity COMA. Before you tell me I'm with the TLDR crowd or have no time for depth or context ( — we've been here before, man), a) I did read it all and b) a significant portion of the books in my collection approach the 1,000-page mark (and I like 'em, whaddayaknow). But unless your aim is to ramble, an engaging logical structure of progress is more relevant than ever when your text is relatively lengthy, given that you're supposed to be really making your case. Fuck it, though — since you didn't follow much of what I was saying, I'll also take your words lightly and say that I can't disprove the existence of lizard people. Good talk.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.17.2017, 12:34 AM   #2523
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
By the way, I'd give any amount of money to hear him tell Malala Yousafzai to her face that her religion is stupid and that she's a brainwashed sheep.

Ah, Mr. Enlightened, I believe? The one who chided us for not truly getting active! But then decided there was nothing to do except sit around eating bonbons anyway! And congratulated himself for arriving at that conclusion before anyone here! Yet later he started talking about marching again! Which will come next?! Fuck if we know!

Never did I think I'd engage with one of your posts once more after you directly compared me to the most repulsive human being on Earth, but if you think we don't know who Malala is and have to look her up (!) you're out of your smug skull. She is indeed an amazing hero and at 19 she has already accomplished more than any of us ever will. Dunno how Bill Maher would handle it, don't particularly care right now, but if I had the privilege of talking with her and at some point the course of the conversation took us to the matter of religion I certainly would point out that hers is stupid. So the fuck what. So was Ghandi's and MLK's. The values they literally defended with their lives are those stated in, for instance, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights — not necessarily in their religions' deranged "sacred texts"...

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

Old 03.17.2017, 12:53 AM   #2524
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
Dunno how Bill Maher would handle it, don't particularly care right now, but if I had the privilege of talking with her and at some point the course of the conversation took us to the matter of religion I certainly would point out that hers is stupid.
and this is why they didn't call you to do the interview.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.17.2017, 12:54 AM   #2525
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove

Ha! Is this you trying out obscure everyone with a massive political figure?

I've heard of a band you probably won't know them but you should. They're called Velvet Underground. Look em up; educate yourself.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.17.2017, 02:58 AM   #2526
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Cool. I had no idea she was as popular as VU.

If it's not an uncouth question, may I ask how much you donated to her fund? Or did you spend the money on a VU boxed set or some shit?

Just kidding. We're all assholes and deserve this shitty world.

EDIT: Woke at 3 AM with a 100 degree fever. I'm going to die. If I make the world seem worse that it is, I won't mind so much.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.17.2017, 09:13 AM   #2527
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
I guess to further splain what I like about Bill M, he is a counter to the weird religiosity that pervades the US. If he's ridiculing all religion at the same time, at least he's consistent. I really dislike the free to practice religion folks that say, "Yeah, except for that sect or that practice. That's a mighty slippery slope, menheers.
As to Malala, I really feel for her and other victims of religious persecution, but her religion, if I'm not mistaken, is the same as those of her persecutors...just different sect and/or practice, therefore leading to the above.
Had a brief discussion with a woman who said the Democratic Party was not open enough to anti-abortion people....again, leading to the above

is this circular enough yet?
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.17.2017, 09:59 AM   #2528
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Ha! Is this you trying out obscure everyone with a massive political figure?

I've heard of a band you probably won't know them but you should. They're called Velvet Underground. Look em up; educate yourself.

Hah!

No offense evollove. I'm not hah-ing at you, or even necessarily supporting this post, but it made me laugh.

ETA: I don't need to look her up, because I remember when she was attached, and the torrent of coverage the incident received all over the world. Also I'm not a complete idiot (maybe half-idiot, but not compete).
However, I did not donate to her fund. No excuses to give for that, because I bought every one of the VU's 45th anniversary album reissues. Not the 2disc versions either. The big-ass, $150 4xCD/book/deluxe case versions. Yup. I'm shit.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.17.2017, 11:08 AM   #2529
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
back on topic

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics...-meals-wheels/
Old 03.17.2017, 01:30 PM   #2530
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilduclo

TRUMPOCALYPSE.

On a lighter note, Drump & Co. fuck up St. Patrick's Day.

Old 03.17.2017, 02:36 PM   #2531
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Quote:
I bought every one of the VU's 45th anniversary album reissues. Not the 2disc versions either. The big-ass, $150 4xCD/book/deluxe case versions.

Incidentally, The Velvet Underground & Nico turned 50 exactly five days ago. Even though I don't follow Twitter at all, somehow last Sunday I checked Brian Eno's reminder of this epic anniversary. Epic! Man, tons and tons of cooliosity on Eno's Twitter account, including many links to bitchen bootlegs and back-in-the-day press articles and whatnot. And did you guys know about Chasing The Trane, the new John Coltrane documentary? I thought Brian did not care for jazz except for Miles' "He Loved Him Madly", drilled into his brain by Robert Quine... Anyway, didn't Eno proudly pointed out he did not have a Twitter account [scroll down]?

I do apologize: this post is obviously OT as fuck. Unless "Venus In Furs" was playing when Trump got golden-showered.

Old 03.17.2017, 08:29 PM   #2532
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
“Let me be very clear: the policy of strategic patience has ended. We are exploring a new range of diplomatic, security, economic measures. All options are on the table.”

“Certainly we do not want for things to get to a military conflict, we’re quite clear on that in our communications, but obviously if North Korea takes actions that threaten the South Korean forces or our own forces, then that would be met with an appropriate response”

“If they elevate the threat of their weapons program to a level that we believe requires action, that option is on the table.” -US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.18.2017, 03:13 AM   #2533
max
expwy. to yr skull

max kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
It's saying what is happening with Trump in the States now is what happened in Italy prior to Berlusconi gaining office (i.e. a buffoonish showman from the business sector who everyone that was a joke but ended up getting elected and running the country into the ground).

But also, what is happening now with Trump is the same thing that happened in the media (at least in the UK) with Bush and Sarah Palin.

quite incredible how history repeats itself. those were all great tips.
what happened, USA?
Old 03.18.2017, 09:50 AM   #2534
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by max
quite incredible how history repeats itself. those were all great tips.
what happened, USA?
what happened is that this country is full of morons.

i mean, forget about the assclown president for a moment, and take a look at congress...

that's the real story
Old 03.18.2017, 11:29 AM   #2535
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
Incidentally, The Velvet Underground & Nico turned 50 exactly five days ago.

Oh I know. Come on man. I know.

Imagine what Lou would have to say about Trump. It makes for some smile-induce imagery.
Old 03.18.2017, 11:33 AM   #2536
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
what happened is that this country is full of morons.

i mean, forget about the assclown president for a moment, and take a look at congress...

that's the real story

Paul Ryan has been dreaming about kicking poor people off Medicaid since he was a drunk frat boy
Old 03.19.2017, 11:03 AM   #2537
ilduclo
invito al cielo

Google ads are being evaluated for placement on right wing/etc sites

http://www.thedrum.com/news/2017/03/...sess-the-risks
Old 03.19.2017, 01:31 PM   #2538
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilduclo
Google ads are being evaluated for placement on right wing/etc sites

http://www.thedrum.com/news/2017/03/...sess-the-risks

Ho. Lee. Crap. That's a terribly written article. Perhaps I should buck up and apply for some content editing positions, because it would take me about 10 minutes to double the readability and overall quality of that thing.

Not boasting here. I actually suck at almost everything. But that is something I could absolutely do.

Anyway, thanks for sharing, ilduclo. Article might not be great, but the information is interesting and I was not aware of this at all. If I worked for the Guardian (awesome), I'd be pretty goddamn irked.

This is surprising, and it feels particularly relevant after the revelations about Amazon and Britebart, etc. that we discussed in the movie thread.
Old 03.19.2017, 01:59 PM   #2539
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Oh I know. Come on man. I know.
well anyone can do the math for sure, but did you have the date marked on your birthday calendar? lol. i sure didnt. but i can subtract 2017 from 1967. happy birthday something or another! it's march 19 and something is turning 50! something else, 100! but look! something else is 49 today and i must wait another year... oh yeah i'll wait! you just wait!
Old 03.19.2017, 04:21 PM   #2540
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
“Let me be very clear: the policy of strategic patience has ended. We are exploring a new range of diplomatic, security, economic measures. All options are on the table.”

“Certainly we do not want for things to get to a military conflict, we’re quite clear on that in our communications, but obviously if North Korea takes actions that threaten the South Korean forces or our own forces, then that would be met with an appropriate response”

“If they elevate the threat of their weapons program to a level that we believe requires action, that option is on the table.” -US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson

So that's what Rexxon Tillerson said. And to you this is... what, exactly. "Yay nuclear holocaust!"? You're beyond fucking redemption. Time for some Political Science:

Quote:
No one likes us — I don't know why
We may not be perfect, but Heaven knows we try
But all around, even our old friends put us down
Let's drop the big one and see what happens

We give them money — but are they grateful?
No, they're spiteful and they're hateful
They don't respect us — so let's surprise them
We'll drop the big one and PULVERIZE THEM

Asia's crowded and Europe's too old
Africa is far too hot and Canada's too cold
And South America stole our name
Let's drop the big one
There'll be no one left to blame us

We'll save Australia
Don't wanna hurt no kangaroo
We'll build an All-American amusement park there
They got surfin', too!

BOOM goes London and BOOM Paree
More room for you and more room for me
And every city the whole world round
Will just be another American town
Oh, how peaceful it will be
We'll set everybody free
Youll wear a Japanese kimono
And there'll be Italian shoes for me!
They all hate us anyhow
So let's drop the big one now
LET'S DROP THE BIG ONE NOW

77117124125126 127 128129130137177227 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth