Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Setlists
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.27.2006, 02:31 PM   #1
Izzy
empty page

Izzy has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Does anybody know the setlist for the washington dc show in june? and is anyone here, going?
Izzy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.27.2006, 02:38 PM   #2
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

Sheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's asses
Knowing sonic youth, I would say they dont have one yet. But im no all knowing guru.
srry

A part of this blue shit since June 24th, 2004
Sheriff Rhys Chatham is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.27.2006, 02:46 PM   #3
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Fuck yeah I'm going. How would we know the setlist?
Old 05.27.2006, 02:54 PM   #4
Fox
the destroyed room

Fox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's asses
Can anybody here predict the future? We need someone...

Noisejob
Fox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.27.2006, 04:42 PM   #5
Izzy
empty page

Izzy has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox
Can anybody here predict the future? We need someone...
most bands have a setlist for their tour
Izzy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.27.2006, 06:01 PM   #6
Style
stalker

Style kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy
most bands have a setlist for their tour

the tour has yet to begin.
Style is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2006, 10:05 AM   #7
Mote
empty page

Mote has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
most bands (like sonic youth) tend to play a somewhat different set each night.
Mote is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2006, 10:22 AM   #8
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Not radically. On the sonic nurse tour most of it was the same with a couple different one's every now and then.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2006, 09:47 PM   #9
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
Steve seems to be the one to set up the songs for each night (based on interviews read, but I think Thurston has some input as well), but even then it's really up to them up to the very moment they played

the last 2 times they played DC, their setlists listed their second encores as Kotton Krown for 2002 and Making the Nature Scene for 2004 respectively, each time, at the last minute they changed the encores to Brother James in 2002 and Expressway to yr Skull in 2004 (i know for certain in 04, cause i ended up with a setlist)
pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2006, 09:48 PM   #10
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
I mentioned it before, but it might have been my drunk ass that got us Expressway in 2004
Old 05.30.2006, 11:45 AM   #11
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantophobia
Steve seems to be the one to set up the songs for each night (based on interviews read, but I think Thurston has some input as well), but even then it's really up to them up to the very moment they played

the last 2 times they played DC, their setlists listed their second encores as Kotton Krown for 2002 and Making the Nature Scene for 2004 respectively, each time, at the last minute they changed the encores to Brother James in 2002 and Expressway to yr Skull in 2004 (i know for certain in 04, cause i ended up with a setlist)

that's bullshit dude. Been to that show 9:30 club in 2002 and they did not play Kotton Krown. They did play Kissability and Drunken Butterfly and Tom Violence and Shadow of a Doubt and Candle but not Kotton Krown

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.30.2006, 01:06 PM   #12
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
that's bullshit dude. Been to that show 9:30 club in 2002 and they did not play Kotton Krown. They did play Kissability and Drunken Butterfly and Tom Violence and Shadow of a Doubt and Candle but not Kotton Krown

ummmm

i actually said that they had Kotton Krown on their SET LIST,

BUT SY changed their minds, and played Brother James instead, sorry if i didn't make it clearer

when SY are feeling quite adventurous, they will once and a while stray from the Set List, last year in Hoboken they had Dude Ranch Nurse on both the early and late show set list but they didn't feel like playing it
pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.31.2006, 01:48 AM   #13
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantophobia
ummmm

i actually said that they had Kotton Krown on their SET LIST,

BUT SY changed their minds, and played Brother James instead, sorry if i didn't make it clearer

when SY are feeling quite adventurous, they will once and a while stray from the Set List, last year in Hoboken they had Dude Ranch Nurse on both the early and late show set list but they didn't feel like playing it

allright then
I hear ya
peace

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.31.2006, 05:54 AM   #14
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
if it's true about to have a bass player from pavement, helping out on their upcoming tour, the setlist can include pretty much anything and be far different from the one in paris show...o no, actually jim was still playing on that show, didn't he?
greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.31.2006, 08:10 PM   #15
Neongod
the destroyed room

Neongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant future
I'll be there. If they play Cotton Crown, look for the guy running on stage and giving Thurston head. That'll be me.
Old 05.31.2006, 08:48 PM   #16
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
"cotton crown" is sublime. first time patrick and i met, we were reminiscing about the '02 dc show, and he said "yeah, i'm glad they didn't play 'cotton crown', that song really doesn't do much for me." and yet i agreed to go out with him. he's still wrong, though.
jennthebenn is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.31.2006, 09:00 PM   #17
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by AssBlaster
Haha. Nice anecdote.

I saw Cotton Crown on the same tour to open Raleigh.

The whole band except Jim and Thurston were onstage and I heard an eruption of cheers and Jim pushed out Thurston sprawled out in a shopping cart with his legs dangling off the end and a bass strapped to his neck playing the opening. Thurston then proceeded to roll out of the cart (literally! he tipped it over!) while in the process SHEARING A MIC STAND in half with the neck of the bass. It was at that moment that I knew the show was going to kick ass!

How your boyfriend doesn't like "Cotton Crown" is beyond me. You really should consider a divorce.

i was at raleigh too! saw 10 sy shows in all that year...i still say thurston
in the shopping cart saved me...i hadn't drank much and was starting to
feel a bit dehydrated. i was on thurston's side, and decided to take a
seat (yeah, there was room, haha) before sy came on. i heard the crowd
roar and when jim and lee brought him out, goddamn i felt like someone
had splashed me with a barrel of ice water. "eric's trip" that night was
literally spinetingling. whew!

remember what thurston said after the mic stand incident? "i bet this
shit doesn't happen to morrissey". hah!

patrick may be down on the crown, but he still likes "starpower", which
is my personal favorite sy tune. he ever rags on that song, he's on his
own...and he knows it.
Old 05.31.2006, 09:49 PM   #18
Neongod
the destroyed room

Neongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant future
So let's skip the foreplay...are we all going to meet up at the show? 5-7 voices shouting song requests are better than 1 or 2. Not that they'd listen...
Old 05.31.2006, 09:55 PM   #19
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

a meetup? count the pantophobic one and myself in.
Old 05.31.2006, 11:10 PM   #20
krastian
invito al cielo

Kotton Krown=My all time fave....just is.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth