Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Kim Gordon and Thurston Moore Announce Split
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.27.2020, 06:51 AM   #721
NYCgaf16
stalker

NYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's asses
sonic youth band status for the year 2020: still disbanded...

but i still believe that they will come together, they have to eventually
NYCgaf16 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.28.2020, 04:01 AM   #722
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCgaf16

They won't, and they don't. The Beatles will reunite first.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.28.2020, 04:19 AM   #723
NYCgaf16
stalker

NYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
They won't, and they don't.
honestly i don't fuckin care, i will always believe that they will one day
NYCgaf16 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.28.2020, 04:51 AM   #724
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
honestly i don't fuckin care, i will always believe that they will one day

OK, that's... not exactly rational, but more power to ya. After all, Kim playing again with Thurston is just a notch above Kim hugging Courtney Love at the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame (as I believe happened in 2014; she went back to trashing her the next year on Girl In A Band, though ) in the "no way" scale.

There are more profound reasons why it never will happen, but we've discussed them forever. I can't say I particularly care for the "they have to" part of your post; they don't have to do anything except follow their artistic instincts, or, actually, fuck it, they can also stay at home eating bonbons. Now, if you stay healthy and golden, you'll outlast them in this blue marble, and most likely so will I, and it will HURT, but you'll see my projection realized. Sorry.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.28.2020, 05:45 AM   #725
hedgehog
empty page

hedgehog has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
My projection: Mark Ibold held onto the name 'Sonic Youth' and is currently recording an album for Matador with session musicians via zoom, all the while Thurston's planning a U.K. 'Sonic Youth' tour with members of Thurston Moore Group.
hedgehog is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.28.2020, 05:06 PM   #726
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Regardless of everything I think at this point on their lives the older they get the less likely it becomes. And good because it would mean things were pretty wretched if it were ever to happen.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.28.2020, 09:56 PM   #727
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Dude/hon, this is simply not going to happen. It's been too long, Thurston and Kim did not part on good terms (he cheated on her), and I doubt Lee, Steve or Mark are too happy with their split having killed the band, especially given that The Eternal (ironic that with that name it would turn out to be their final album) was not only critically acclaimed but their highest charting album in 15 years (it reached the Top 20 of the Billboard 200).

They had a good run, earning themselves a place in rock music history, influencing countless musicians and making a decent amount of money in the process. If you need more from them, check out the various new projects from the individual members. They've moved on, and we need to as well.
Old 05.28.2020, 10:54 PM   #728
shallow27
children of satan

shallow27 kicks all y'all's assesshallow27 kicks all y'all's assesshallow27 kicks all y'all's assesshallow27 kicks all y'all's assesshallow27 kicks all y'all's assesshallow27 kicks all y'all's assesshallow27 kicks all y'all's assesshallow27 kicks all y'all's assesshallow27 kicks all y'all's assesshallow27 kicks all y'all's assesshallow27 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticKiss

They had a good run, earning themselves a place in rock music history, influencing countless musicians and making a decent amount of money in the process. If you need more from them, check out the various new projects from the individual members. They've moved on, and we need to as well.

100% agree with you, many bands do "reunions" only for earning money, without even new material, it's sad to see important musicians playing greatest hits tired of themselves for 2 hours on stage. Fans, particularly those who couldn't see their favourite band live, always enjoy these concerts but actually is depressing in many cases. Sonic Youth have a very long and creative career in their backs, it's over and it's ok like that.
shallow27 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2020, 01:29 AM   #729
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
even if, it would never be the same...only best off tour, which would suck big time.

I am happy with theirs current projects.

I could see "without Kim" to pop up again which would be interesting, but probably not fair.

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2020, 02:25 AM   #730
g.
bad moon rising

g. kicks all y'all's assesg. kicks all y'all's assesg. kicks all y'all's assesg. kicks all y'all's assesg. kicks all y'all's assesg. kicks all y'all's assesg. kicks all y'all's assesg. kicks all y'all's assesg. kicks all y'all's assesg. kicks all y'all's assesg. kicks all y'all's asses
To be honest I am enjoying the solo work of the band so much right now. Kim's album was one of the highlights of last year and the Lee and Raul project is wonderful. Their creativity solo is taking them to interesting places, long may that continue.
g. is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
343536 37
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth