Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.03.2014, 09:51 PM   #5521
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
no i mean petr chech, the czech keeper. he cleared the ball wrong & caused the american goal, didn't he?
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.03.2014, 10:19 PM   #5522
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
no i mean petr chech, the czech keeper. he cleared the ball wrong & caused the american goal, didn't he?

Hahaha.. yes the Czech goalkeeper played like shit, he was lucky it wasn't 2 or 3 nill especially considering how good the US keepers were (well Ramando was good, Guzman didn't really get challenged too much in the 1st half.. On the USA goal it looked to me like Diskerud booted it so hard that really Chech couldn't have stopped it one way or the other, so when he tried he merely deflected it. Sure, had he deflected it to the right there wouldn't have been a wide open Bedoya, but by the force of that kick I don't think Chech had many options.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.04.2014, 03:53 AM   #5523
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I never take much from friendlies but England huffed and puffed their way to an unconvincing win. Sterling looked good though. The big one's next week in the Euro 2016 qualifier against Switzerland. I really struggle to give a shit about England's national team. I support them in big tournaments, just because ,but, really, they're a pain to support in any real sense.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.04.2014, 03:58 AM   #5524
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Hahaha.. yes the Czech goalkeeper played like shit, he was lucky it wasn't 2 or 3 nill especially considering how good the US keepers were (well Ramando was good, Guzman didn't really get challenged too much in the 1st half.. On the USA goal it looked to me like Diskerud booted it so hard that really Chech couldn't have stopped it one way or the other, so when he tried he merely deflected it. Sure, had he deflected it to the right there wouldn't have been a wide open Bedoya, but by the force of that kick I don't think Chech had many options.

His name is Cech, not Chech. Sorry to be an arse, but get your spelling together, please.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.04.2014, 04:41 AM   #5525
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
If the rumours that RVP's about to have surgery are true, then the Falcao deal looks a bit more logical. But, yeah, they needed to break the bank and get Hummels. But no CL football? Would he have even wanted to go there? The Glazers are disguising their drop in status by paying over the odds for Di Maria and getting marquee names in on loan for 350k a week(!).

A reporter whose posts I follow felt that Falcao going to Man U. wasn't based on money. Not that much.
The big question was: why did he ever go to Monaco (apart from the money)?

There are close to zero taxes in Monaco, so the deal in England will not be that an upgrade if there ever was one.

A reason for his departure might be that he found the French league extremely boring. Playing in Monaco is playing in an empty arena home, and going to tepid places (apart from Marseille, Paris and, had he stayed, Lens, where the people do support their team). So his decision could have been that he wanted to play in a city where football means something, like it was in Spain, Portugal (so they say) and Argentina.

From Man U's point of view... a mystery to me too.
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.04.2014, 08:09 AM   #5526
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
His name is Cech, not Chech. Sorry to be an arse, but get your spelling together, please.

lol it was me who first fucked up--- dont blame suchfriends

he's "chej" to my ears

Old 09.04.2014, 10:34 AM   #5527
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Hahaha yeah, sorry slavo, no disrespect to yours and my slav ancestors, I was merely using !@#$! Spelling, I didn't even know the guy's name beforehand

Old 09.04.2014, 10:55 AM   #5528
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Hahaha yeah

¡se escribe "ja ja ja ja"! ¿sí?
Old 09.04.2014, 11:36 AM   #5529
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Only on el cucy de la mayana

Old 09.04.2014, 03:05 PM   #5530
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertrand
A reporter whose posts I follow felt that Falcao going to Man U. wasn't based on money. Not that much.
The big question was: why did he ever go to Monaco (apart from the money)?

There are close to zero taxes in Monaco, so the deal in England will not be that an upgrade if there ever was one.

A reason for his departure might be that he found the French league extremely boring. Playing in Monaco is playing in an empty arena home, and going to tepid places (apart from Marseille, Paris and, had he stayed, Lens, where the people do support their team). So his decision could have been that he wanted to play in a city where football means something, like it was in Spain, Portugal (so they say) and Argentina.

From Man U's point of view... a mystery to me too.

Monaco's owner has apparently reduced his investment in favour of a more grass-roots, academy-driven set up.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...try-rybolovlev

From the article:

'Rybolovlev will not bankroll the recruitment of another Falcao “in the foreseeable future” but he does not accept that any plan to grow Monaco more organically is doomed to failure because of the club’s small fan base.'
Old 09.05.2014, 09:52 PM   #5531
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Too nobody's surprise, the Seahawks obliterated the Packers and humiliated fanboy QB Aaron Rogers.. maybe that dude should focus on his Discount Double Check commercials yo

Old 09.06.2014, 04:23 PM   #5532
demonrail666
invito al cielo

I always keep an eye on how the Dolphins are doing but want to watch more games this time around. We get one live game free a week, starting tomorrow with the Colts vs the Broncos. Kind of excited, even though I've no idea what the big teams are these days - although I'm assuming the Dolphins aren't one of them.
Old 09.06.2014, 04:26 PM   #5533
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
although I'm assuming the Dolphins aren't one of them.

Correct assumption

Old 09.06.2014, 04:42 PM   #5534
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Never sure what I think about how the NFL's transfer system can so dramatically affect a teams fortunes. It obviously stops cash-rich teams dominating year after year but ultimately feels a bit artificial. It's hard to follow a team from season to season given there seems so little long-term continuity compared with in football/soccer.
Old 09.06.2014, 05:28 PM   #5535
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

The salary cap has destroyed continuity in the nfl.. to be sure.dolphins were good and even stolr their division from the patriots in 2009. Dont feel bad, I HATE all the hyped teams and fanboy teams.. the beauty of the NFL is that even crap teams are more or less enjoyable to watch and evrn have their.moments so people can enjoy their teams regardless

Old 09.06.2014, 06:00 PM   #5536
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

mexico-chile friendly in a couple of hours--vidal might sit it out
Old 09.07.2014, 11:44 AM   #5537
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

futbol with its domination by the upper classes, arbitrary decisions by judges, perpetual sufferings for rare moments of fulfillment, endless spells of boredom, mindless displays of tribalism, etc.-- serves as a good metaphor for life, a life that working classes know and understand well.

on the other hand, nfl football (i can't speak for the lower orders of the sport, from high school games all the way down to stuff like games of flag football at family picnics)… nfl football provides the manufactured illusion of permanent excitement and outsized enthusiasm-- loud music, bands, cheerleaders, constant interruption and replays, beer commercials that get more attention than the game itself--in other words, it's so fake and so hyped that only innocent americans who dream that everyone is middle class, life can be fair, and paradise is just around the corner can believe it in their hearts. sort of like the great coke vs. pepsi debate--it doesn't matter. the great enjoyment is fake.

i'm not blaming americans for this, but i guess the relative newness of the country coupled with the sense that everything is possible is what allows people to believe such states are actually attainable without heavy manufacture.

in spite of all the marketing and machinery and hype surrounding association football, the game itself remains a relatively grim contest that satisfies better just like water quenches thirst where coca cola just makes you thirstier

==

anyway if we're going to talk nfl vs association here then i'll rant

==

back to topic, euro qualifiers just started! curious about germany-scotland and italy-norway. wondering what conte is gonna do.
Old 09.07.2014, 12:37 PM   #5538
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

ps- HALLO BUNDESLIGA!!!

https://klowdtv.com/

goltv for $4/mo. ($5 for HD).

AT LAST!!!
Old 09.07.2014, 02:55 PM   #5539
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
futbol with its domination by the upper classes
what do you mean by this, are spectators in the US mostly upper class? I didn't know that. I thought it had gotten pretty popular all over by now.

Football never really made it here in Europe, they started the Euro league a some years ago and it got really hyped at the start. Now I don't even know if it still exists.
And I never liked it either, I still don't understand the meaning of the game. Heck I've even seen a Super Bowl in a bar in the US when I was there, didn't change it. I love Baseball and Basketball though, but only the US teams. Especially Basketball really sucks over here, small teams players don't make any money. I would love to see more NBA on TV here, even thought about getting ESPN, but then I would be watching it all night long because of the stupid time zones

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.07.2014, 03:59 PM   #5540
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$&!
your analysis of nfl vs futbol is flawed by your bias.. while the tv product is highly produced and manufactured the reason most average americans whi are substantial rather than casual fans of nfl is that just like your analysis of futbol, nfl reflects real life ups and downs.. the moral of everygame is that win or lose, teams have to put it all on the field, just like in real life its all or nothing. If you fail and lose you at least hope to put your team in a position to have won fair and square by doing your best on every down. For example my Ravens lost today to our division rivals the Bengals, a team we traditionally dominate like our little brother. Well today like in real life we got cocky, we took it for granted, and we lost.BUT, in the final minute we had a chance to tie it up. We fucked it up, lost the game, but the moral victory for us ravens fans is at least when it really counted we put it all on the field and put our team in a position to tie or ose fairly..
Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic
would love to see more NBA on TV here, even thought about getting ESPN, but then I would be watching it all night (
hello.. I love you won't you tell me your name

227267274275276 277 278279280287327377 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth