Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page New Lee vinyl on TOTE now available for pre-order
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.06.2008, 12:57 AM   #1
king-buzzo
little trouble girl

king-buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking-buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking-buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking-buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking-buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking-buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking-buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking-buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking-buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking-buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking-buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
Lee Ranaldo
Countless Centuries Fled into the Distance Like So Many Storms
Format: LP Price: $14.00
(TOE97lp, Table of the Elements)

Sonic Youth's Lee Ranaldo was part of the original Table of the Elements "Guitar Series" in 1993; now he returns with _Countless Centuries Fled into the Distance Like So Many Storms_. It's an epic earful, replete with shimmering textures and an inimitable charging clangor. With ecstatic, rocking squalor, he summons some dazzling shronk, reminiscent of early SY, the soaring drone of John Cale, and even the looping orientalia of Dream Syndicate-era La Monte Young. So duck and cover, as Lee fires an impeccably aimed fusillade across the screaming fields of sonic love.

RELEASED: 2008-07-22

http://www.scdistribution.com
king-buzzo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.06.2008, 05:05 AM   #2
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
stop using that username, it's confusing.
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.06.2008, 10:39 AM   #3
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Thanks! There's a few releases there that look promising. I'll probably order some of this today.
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.06.2008, 04:55 PM   #4
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
good-lookin' wax
Old 07.24.2008, 05:10 AM   #5
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
I have it ... It looks beautiful ... My turntable's out of action

PS - Keith Fullerton Whitman sez:

july 2008 release ; the sixth in the table of the elementsguitar series vols. 3 & 4” (don’t panic, you didn’t miss #5 - it’s a belong 12” & will be out next month out-of-series) by sonic youth guitarist & recent bang-on-a-can collaborator lee ranaldo ...

“a final kiss” consists of four short guitar-centric miniatures, ranging from the detuned feedback & echo patterns of “1.” to the “intelligent” digital / time-stretch algorithms & field recordings of “2.” (listen to the sound-sample) to the pitch-shift staccato of “3.” to the noise-shrapnel frenzy of “4.” ...

one of the briefer entrants in the series thusfar, but a good one ...

http://www.mimaroglumusicsales.com/a...e+ranaldo.html
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.24.2008, 09:21 AM   #6
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by blunderbuss
I have it ... It looks beautiful ... My turntable's out of action

Same here. I did manage to listen to it once. It was great, of course. I'm waiting on a pre-amp for my turntable, that should fix the problem I'm having. When I manage to fix this, would you care for a rip of it?
-George Carlin
Old 07.24.2008, 09:34 AM   #7
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
Thanks for the offer, but I'll be patient. Some time next month I plan to go shopping for a whole new hi-fi, and I'll get to hear it once that's purchased.
Old 07.24.2008, 09:38 AM   #8
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by blunderbuss
Thanks for the offer, but I'll be patient. Some time next month I plan to go shopping for a whole new hi-fi, and I'll get to hear it once that's purchased.

I hear ya'. Good luck on finding the new hi-fi. Let us know what you end up getting. & enjoy the new Ranaldo.
-George Carlin
Old 07.24.2008, 02:46 PM   #9
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
cool. just ordered one copy.

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.24.2008, 02:48 PM   #10
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
i've no turntable at all. 10 vinyls so far, hehe.

Old 07.24.2008, 02:55 PM   #11
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight
i've no turntable at all. 10 vinyls so far, hehe.

That's how I started. Just build a collection, & one day you'll come across that gem of a turntable. I found mine in a shitty pawn shop, but it's a really nice turntable. In fact, the company who manufactured it was, Gem-Sound.
-George Carlin
Old 08.02.2008, 03:22 AM   #12
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

Norman Records review:

This Lee Ranaldo LP is thirty seconds in and it already shits all over SYR8. Countless Centuries Fled into the Distance Like So Many Storms is one of those lovely one-sided Table of the Elements jobs with an etching on one side, they sure do have purdy mouths. Superficially I suppose you could also accuse this of being self-indulgent twiddling but, despite the fact it's just one man and his guitar, there's so much more texture and feeling here than the other Sonic Youth record in this week. Squalling feedback, reams of effects, droning and the odd riff.. Take out the treble and it sounds like Sunn O)))'s quieter bits. It's pretty much great.
Old 08.02.2008, 08:12 AM   #13
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I got it yesterday!
Old 08.02.2008, 08:22 AM   #14
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
lee is fucking free

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.02.2008, 10:05 AM   #15
greenlight
invito al cielo

can't wait to check it out...I don't know where I'll play it but.

Old 08.12.2008, 11:46 AM   #16
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
mine arrived today! i haven't listened to it yet, it does look really nice but the engravings are quite hard to see unless you get the angle right with the light

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.12.2008, 01:43 PM   #17
jetengine
children of satan

jetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by marleypumpkin
Same here. I did manage to listen to it once. It was great, of course. I'm waiting on a pre-amp for my turntable, that should fix the problem I'm having. When I manage to fix this, would you care for a rip of it?

I have the same problem--I need a new pre-amp. Where can I find a decent one, and how much do they cost these days? (Or is it cheaper to simply get a new turntable...?)
jetengine is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.12.2008, 01:55 PM   #18
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetengine
I have the same problem--I need a new pre-amp. Where can I find a decent one, and how much do they cost these days? (Or is it cheaper to simply get a new turntable...?)

What brand is the turntable? Is it a belt-drive? Just trying to pin-point what your options are.
-George Carlin
Old 08.12.2008, 02:22 PM   #19
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
barring some catastrophic financial burden I'm gonna splurge and get a Technics 1200 I think - I want a direct drive and I want semiautomatic, I think the 1200 is both - and a decent cartridge.

Check J&R Music world or BH Photo for gear. or the turntable lab
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.12.2008, 02:30 PM   #20
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
this record is ment to be played at 33rpm right? because it also soundz good at 45, track 2 sounds like my old Sinclair ZX Spectrum loading up!

it does annoy me sometimes when you don't know what speed to play it

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth